chronic physical pain

Status
Not open for further replies.

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
is there anybody suffering from chronic physical pain especialy people suffering from cdc guidelines I am on about 25% of the opiods that I was on . thinking about suicide doctor is trying to make up the difference with nonopiods but with limited success anybody else ready to give up

Human Ex Machinae

Void Where Prohibited
Sorry to hear about the pain you're suffering, @1964dodge . The older we get, the more living with pain becomes a fact of life, sadly. If you're ok to talk about it, what conditions are causing the pain? And why have they cut down so drastically on the medications that were previously helping you?

shattered dreams

My scars are healed, doesnt mean the pain is gone
Hi Dodge,

Yea i've been riding that train for many years now, I've had 3 back surgeries and am no better at all, the only relief i get is when i'm laying down with no weight bearing down my spine. Every time i get up the pain starts, just walking to the bathroom is very painful. Standing/walking is worse, i'm very limited only able to walk for about 15 minutes before the pain get so intense that i have to sit/lay down.

i have a pain mgmt Dr. that gives me 75mg of oxycodone a day, but it only dulls the pain for very short periods of time. as a result, i have become extremely depressed, and suicide has been in my thoughts often.

This is your thread so i wont go into my issues, but i know very well how you must feel.

((hugs my friend))

shattered dreams

My scars are healed, doesnt mean the pain is gone
Sorry to hear about the pain you're suffering, @1964dodge . The older we get, the more living with pain becomes a fact of life, sadly. If you're ok to talk about it, what conditions are causing the pain? And why have they cut down so drastically on the medications that were previously helping you?
it's the DEA not the Dr.'s

The DEA is being a bully to Dr.'s that are prescribing opioid meds. all the way up to threatening to suspend their medical license. it's real messed up. Doctors are no longer allowed to be Doctors.

Human Ex Machinae

Void Where Prohibited
it's the DEA not the Dr.'s

The DEA is being a bully to Dr.'s that are prescribing opioid meds. all the way up to threatening to suspend their medical license. it's real messed up. Doctors are no longer allowed to be Doctors.
I know, it's terrible. So many people are being made to suffer so some bureaucrats can generate 'positive' talking points for their meetings and press releases. Some people abuse opioids, so therefore, the only sensible thing to do is to plunge millions of people who are suffering from chronic conditions into abject misery. Meanwhile, the mortality rates and overall costs to society from alcohol consumption are staggering. Statistics like those from alcohol use, if they were from an ongoing war, would cause a government to immediately sue for peace. And yet, meanwhile, a person is free to fill a tractor trailer with booze and stack it in their home from floor to ceiling, without any care or oversight whatsoever from the very same bureaucrats who shit their pants at mention of the word 'opioid'. The illogic is so jaw dropping it would be funny if so many people weren't needlessly suffering as a result of it.

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
as
I have chronic leg pain they think started with arthritis in my knees on the 10 scale I live in the 5 0r 6 region most of the time but even with breakthrough meds sometimes go between 7 and 10 that's when I get suicidal

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Hi Dodge,

Yea i've been riding that train for many years now, I've had 3 back surgeries and am no better at all, the only relief i get is when i'm laying down with no weight bearing down my spine. Every time i get up the pain starts, just walking to the bathroom is very painful. Standing/walking is worse, i'm very limited only able to walk for about 15 minutes before the pain get so intense that i have to sit/lay down.

i have a pain mgmt Dr. that gives me 75mg of oxycodone a day, but it only dulls the pain for very short periods of time. as a result, i have become extremely depressed, and suicide has been in my thoughts often.

This is your thread so i wont go into my issues, but i know very well how you must feel.

((hugs my friend))
please go on it,s not about me it,s about all people suffering from chronic pain especially suffering because of cdc I,m lucky my doctor is prescribing he sent me to a pain clinic for meds it was so stressful I begged him to do my meds and he did all I get now is 15mg morphine 2xday and 50 hydromorphone a month he,s trying other nonopoid meds to make up difference

Human Ex Machinae

Void Where Prohibited
Have you tried other ways of alleviating the pain when it gets really bad? A few years ago before I had surgery for it, my right knee was in constant pain due to osteochondritis. One thing that would help, for a little while at least, was applying heat, with hot towels and things like that. Don't know if that would help with arthritis, but it's all I got.

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Have you tried other ways of alleviating the pain when it gets really bad? A few years ago before I had surgery for it, my right knee was in constant pain due to osteochondritis. One thing that would help, for a little while at least, was applying heat, with hot towels and things like that. Don't know if that would help with arthritis, but it's all I got.
my knees are shot but I won,t have replacements my whole leg hurts from thigh to ancle they aren,t sure they are just guessisng it,s my arthritis and before you ask I have had a bunch of tests 15 years ago mri etc. I also have copd on oxygen almost died 5 months ago repiratory failure 9 days in hospital 4 of them in coma in scu

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
this might be cruel but I wish with all my heart the people that set the guidelines would have to go through chronic pain of different types and see what it,s like for a few years suicide rate is going up let them suffer a nd not be able to get meds by the way cdc admitted that they lied about their figures

Vanquished

Admittedly I’m new to chronic pain, and getting any help for the pain has literally been a nightmare. It started in February this year, and I’ve still gotten no relief. One doc had the audacity to put down I was an opioid abuser when in fact I’ve never abused a single med my entire life!!! That made getting help significantly worse! I found the whole thing degrading and infuriating.

Knowing the issues I’ve had a friend recommended radio frequency ablation. It’s most commonly used for back pain, but is also used on any joint. It’s especially for those with arthritis and/or degenerative issues. As of today my doc has FINALLY gotten the referral I need to get my shoulders done. (Took her nearly 2mon! It was ridiculous!)

I have a friend who has it done on the knee she hasn’t replaced, and she gets total pain relief for about 9mon. Pain relief can last anywhere from 9-14mon, and some people experience relief for up to 2yrs.

I also know 3 people who’ve had it done on their backs, and they all highly recommend it. A friend of mine says she supports it “1,000%”.

With all that’s going on regarding opioids I find it more helpful to consider other avenues. Hope you can figure out something, too!

Human Ex Machinae

Void Where Prohibited
Admittedly I’m new to chronic pain, and getting any help for the pain has literally been a nightmare. It started in February this year, and I’ve still gotten no relief. One doc had the audacity to put down I was an opioid abuser when in fact I’ve never abused a single med my entire life!!! That made getting help significantly worse! I found the whole thing degrading and infuriating.

Knowing the issues I’ve had a friend recommended radio frequency ablation. It’s most commonly used for back pain, but is also used on any joint. It’s especially for those with arthritis and/or degenerative issues. As of today my doc has FINALLY gotten the referral I need to get my shoulders done. (Took her nearly 2mon! It was ridiculous!)

I have a friend who has it done on the knee she hasn’t replaced, and she gets total pain relief for about 9mon. Pain relief can last anywhere from 9-14mon, and some people experience relief for up to 2yrs.

I also know 3 people who’ve had it done on their backs, and they all highly recommend it. A friend of mine says she supports it “1,000%”.

With all that’s going on regarding opioids I find it more helpful to consider other avenues. Hope you can figure out something, too!
That's really interesting, better, never heard of that. I'm going to read up on it.

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
There is a forum down a little lower you might check into with more of the physical complaints but it's also slower than this one.
I've got chronic pain (a connective tissue disorder) and still am lucky enough to get mid dose vicodin every month. I do live in fear every single month that that's going away and that's a shitty way to live.
My mother was the same way (same disorder) and she finally did get tired of it. She killed herself at 50 from the exhaustion of the every day pain. I find that to be a bad call myself. It's shitty and sucked for all of us, you know? I "get it", I understand what happened but it still took my parent away. I hope you can think clearly and consider all your options.

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
There is a forum down a little lower you might check into with more of the physical complaints but it's also slower than this one.
I've got chronic pain (a connective tissue disorder) and still am lucky enough to get mid dose vicodin every month. I do live in fear every single month that that's going away and that's a shitty way to live.
My mother was the same way (same disorder) and she finally did get tired of it. She killed herself at 50 from the exhaustion of the every day pain. I find that to be a bad call myself. It's shitty and sucked for all of us, you know? I "get it", I understand what happened but it still took my parent away. I hope you can think clearly and consider all your options.
half of the time I want to live as long as possible but the other half is getting worse if I did I,d have to have an accident so my wife would get ins. I look at suicide sites every day

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Our politicians are ass-holes, more concerned with their bloated egos then really caring for people. Not one is to be trusted. They just want their paychecks and bloated retirement benefits. They have no idea how real people live.
will never call a crisis line they can trace you and if they think you are in danger you end up in hospital ill take my chances that crisis will pass

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Well you're here right now & that's a real positive. Trust me, your wife wants YOU, not insurance money. Please, try to work this out. Does she have any idea how you're feeling?
yes don't forget half of me wants to live a long time it's the pain half that wants to go still have issues to resolve so am safe for now

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
i'm sorry for your loss but remember your mother didn't leave you on purpose the chronic pain took her away you also know how close a person can get it's not there fault

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00