• IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Please read THIS THREAD about a rebrand for SF.

Dealing with today

sadhart

SF Supporter
#1
I started the day going to a meeting. But I have found myself just feeling very out of sorts. It's small things that remind me why I hate the holidays. Like after the meeting, I was listening to people talk about all these plans with family and their SO. I mean it shouldn't bother me, but it does. It hurts to be reminded of the rejections and feelings of worthlessness. And I know I say this often, and I'm sorry. I thought about going to the movies, in the off chance it may not be so crowded in the early afternoon, but I don't know if I will now. I just hate always hurting over being lonely and undesirable. I wish that I didn't care.
 

alice202

SF Supporter
#2
I was listening to people talk about all these plans with family and their SO. I mean it shouldn't bother me, but it does. It hurts to be reminded of the rejections and feelings of worthlessness. And I know I say this often, and I'm sorry. I thought about going to the movies, in the off chance it may not be so crowded in the early afternoon, but I don't know if I will now. I just hate always hurting over being lonely and undesirable. I wish that I didn't care.
sadhart I think I know what you mean. Its normal to compare ourselves to others.

I saw the Queen movie (Bohemian Rhapsody) one year on Thanksgiving at a theatre where they served food. I have to say I really enjoyed it. There were not a lot of people there in the afternoon.

This morning someone asked me if I had plans for Thanksgiving and I just said no, I'm staying home. It feels better to tell the truth than to bluff.

Whatever you do, treat it like just another day. You may be lonely but you are not undesirable. Your life is precious.

Take care.

Alice
 

sadhart

SF Supporter
#3
sadhart I think I know what you mean. Its normal to compare ourselves to others.

I saw the Queen movie (Bohemian Rhapsody) one year on Thanksgiving at a theatre where they served food. I have to say I really enjoyed it. There were not a lot of people there in the afternoon.

This morning someone asked me if I had plans for Thanksgiving and I just said no, I'm staying home. It feels better to tell the truth than to bluff.

Whatever you do, treat it like just another day. You may be lonely but you are not undesirable. Your life is precious.

Take care.

Alice
I ended up not going to the movies. Instead, I ended up cleaning up around my apartment. I think I'm glad I did that instead of going back out. There is a sale going on at my local video store starting at midnight. I think I may go to it around 1 or 2 am later because I am hoping it won't be too crowded out as opposed to tomorrow afternoon.

I hope your day has been well so far.
 

Anchorchain

Well-Known Member
#5
I didn't have anyone to share Thanksgiving with either, just like last year. I'll be alone on Christmas too, just like last year.
I did go and do hospital volunteer duty today though.....I visited with three patients who have things a lot worse than I do.
So I have some things to be thankful for. I'm healthy and have a home.
 

sadhart

SF Supporter
#7
I went to the game store around 1am. There were quite a few people there. I feel petty always saying this but it gets to me when I see couples together. It's even harder when you are trying to just mind your own business and they are standing right next to you having conversations and stuff.

And part of the reason I feel like this is because often times, not only do I feel inadequate when I see couples, but there are times when I am reminded of something a "relative" once said to me during a "tough love" "discussion" (sorry I know that's annoying) by saying if he were my spouse he would divorce me. It was said during a rather dark time in my life, but he said it in a way to convey that we were "blood" and so he would never turn his back on me.....even though he had barely spoken to me all that much in my life until that conversation.

There are so many shitty people in this world who manage to be worth love and acceptance. Throughout my life, there have been so many reasons why I was never worth those things. Reasons that are varying and contradicting to one another. And I try to not think about it, but as i have said other times, that is difficult to do so.

Anyway, I'm sorry for harping on this. I at least got going to that store out of the way. There is another store I want to go to, but their black friday sale is for the next three days. I think I may wait until sunday. What I would like to try doing for today is to get some writing, both creative and personal stuff done. It's hard trying to do the latter, but I think part of what is bothering me is holding a lot of stuff in that needs to be said to certain people. Whether they will be understanding or care at all is another story, but I need to get this out.
 

iloverachel

No longer suicidal after 8 years of depression
#8
I really understand and feel your pain
I never really leave the house too because ita a constant reminder I never fit in
Everyone else is with their partner family friends etc.
I totally understand. It sucks

We are here for you please keep venting *hug
 

sadhart

SF Supporter
#9
I really understand and feel your pain
I never really leave the house too because ita a constant reminder I never fit in
Everyone else is with their partner family friends etc.
I totally understand. It sucks

We are here for you please keep venting *hug
I always feel as though venting is a negative thing. I have had people say it to me in the same way someone would use the word "whining". But maybe it isn't really a negative thing? I don't know. Anyway, I'm sorry that this is a hard time for you as well or rather, just how this time of year amplifies those feelings.
 

KM76710

Kangaroo Manager
SF Pro
SF Supporter
#11
I always feel as though venting is a negative thing. I have had people say it to me in the same way someone would use the word "whining". But maybe it isn't really a negative thing? I don't know. Anyway, I'm sorry that this is a hard time for you as well or rather, just how this time of year amplifies those feelings.
I never have considered venting to be a bad thing. Blowing off a bit of steam can be helpful getting rid of some of the stress. It isn't whining to me. It can help just knowing others are paying attention and caring.
 

foreverforgotten

Quiet Observer 🦋
SF Supporter
#12
I always volunteer to work the holidays because I don't want to deal with people. And the expectations and hype. And being alone. So I work. And get paid extra. I don't love the intense loneliness and feeling worthless though... I just volunteer for that holiday shift no one wants.
 

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$45.00
Goal
$255.00
Top