Do One Thing Club

DouglasW

SF Supporter
Hey friends, I'm making a thread to try to help motivate each other. I've been stuck in a paralyzing depression for a while now, and I know some others struggling similarly, but this thread is for all who are struggling at any level of functioning.

The idea is to post one thing you did today, however large or small, that was a positive step in your wellness. I'm hoping I can get some momentum and have people posting most days...

Big things could be applying for a job, filing taxes, getting a new pet. Back when I was less depressed I did things like go to the gym, go on hikes, make drawings and paintings, go busking. But small things could be you cleaned your bathroom, took out the trash, took a walk outside, or made something nice to eat.

It can be anything, very big or very small. But what is one thing you did today that was good?

Please tag more peeps!

@Addicted @Angie @arbitrarybarry @bobbob @bubblebear @Citizen Insane @DowntheRabbitHole @Fleurise @Harrow @Ineluki @may71 @Megan. @NoOneC @Sarahbeanie @Sassy the Wonderful Cat @unnoticed

Today I will be joining a gym! (I was supposed to on Tuesday but they are so short staffed I had to make an appointment for later).

I will also be making my 5th call to a government entity to try and solve a problem - they have told me repeatedly that it will be addressed. Last time I asked for a supervisor and was told someone will call me in 3 hours. It's now 2 days later. I am not going to blow up at them but today this matter will be getting solved.

I appreciate the invite @Doug

I'm not sure what I will get done today. Motivation is lacking. I could say I'm making dinner but as I usually do that it's not something outside the norm.

Oh! I just thought of something! I trimmed my dog's toenails! Something I have procrastinated doing for a few weeks. He's no longer going click-click-click across the hardwood floors lol

Livelife

SF Supporter
How did it go? Do you think you will be able to keep going?
I had lots of anxiety beforehand because I knew I wouldn't be able to hide anywhere in silence, lol. I met 4 lovely caring supportive women, 3 of them journeying or having journeyed through severe physical illnesses. So, mixed response from me because I never know how much to share when in a small group, fear of judgement. I did not feel that happening here with what I allowed myself to talk about. And I heard some good input regarding how they had walked through and were walking through their days and lives.
Thank you for asking Bear. And I will show up for the next one.

I had lots of anxiety beforehand because I knew I wouldn't be able to hide anywhere in silence, lol. I met 4 lovely caring supportive women, 3 of them journeying or having journeyed through severe physical illnesses. So, mixed response from me because I never know how much to share when in a small group, fear of judgement. I did not feel that happening here with what I allowed myself to talk about. And I heard some good input regarding how they had walked through and were walking through their days and lives.
Thank you for asking Bear. And I will show up for the next one.
Wow that sounds great. Glad to hear this will be ongoing for you.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00