Do One Thing Club

Anchorchain

Organized four years of bank statements, starting with a jumbled mess in a cardboard box. I have three bank accounts and now the statements are neatly bundled......four large bundles dated by year, each with three bundles labeled by account number. All bundles tidily secured with rubber bands and placed in a clear plastic box with fitted lid. It felt good doing all that.......like satisfying an OCD need.

DouglasW

SF Supporter
I cleaned all the trash in my kitchen! This is very big. I have not been able to fill a trash bag in about 6 months, and my apartment is filled with trash everywhere.

I reached out to someone from my support group and we talked for a couple hours and he volunteered then insisted to stay on phone with me while I cleaned up some. I told him I'd like to connect somewhat regularly and tentatively we will do that. It helped to talk -- he's also divorced and middle aged though he has some supports and family, and he's also on disability though he works part time and volunteers, so is sort of a few steps ahead of me.

Next I need to take a bunch of trash bags to dumpster, clean surfaces, and run dishwasher, but all these things are much more doable than the trash bagging. I also have living room and bedroom filled with trash, but at least now I have made some progress and can soon cook something again!

NoOneC

I cleaned all the trash in my kitchen! This is very big. I have not been able to fill a trash bag in about 6 months, and my apartment is filled with trash everywhere.

I reached out to someone from my support group and we talked for a couple hours and he volunteered then insisted to stay on phone with me while I cleaned up some. I told him I'd like to connect somewhat regularly and tentatively we will do that. It helped to talk -- he's also divorced and middle aged though he has some supports and family, and he's also on disability though he works part time and volunteers, so is sort of a few steps ahead of me.

Next I need to take a bunch of trash bags to dumpster, clean surfaces, and run dishwasher, but all these things are much more doable than the trash bagging. I also have living room and bedroom filled with trash, but at least now I have made some progress and can soon cook something again!
That is so awesome. I am really happy for you! Well done!

Fleury Dragon

Rawr 🐲
Chat Pro
SF Supporter

*stars*bravo awesome Doug, that was a big achievement and a great idea to have phone support while doing task.

KM76710

Kangaroo Manager
SF Pro
SF Supporter

That is wonderful to hear that you have someone to listen and talk with you and have that support. I wish you the best on keeping the clean up work going. :)

Nothing extra here other than working from home and playing with a silly cat...that is until she is ready to be left alone for a bit. LOL

Anchorchain

Well done, DouglasW! I let a previous house I lived in get into a similar state some years ago. Get one room at a time under control, or one table that's covered with clutter under control, or one closet that's become an impenetrable plug of debris under control.......know that you've done well, give yourself credit and then the next day continue with another zone that's filled with trash.
It's a really good feeling when you can see the floor again and walk from room to room without having to step over and around the debris.
One step at a time, get the place under control........a good goal to aspire to is have the place so that you'll feel good about visitors being there.

OK, that was basically my story.......keep on keeping on with yours!

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$140.00
Goal
$255.00