• IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Please read THIS THREAD about a rebrand for SF.

Do you have a gonto music on bad days?

#1
When the voices in my head dont want to shut up, I've been listening to Crimson Vale, especially "Im not ok". It kind of dark but seems to help shut the voices up for a while...at least long enough to get doing things that make me too busy to listen to them.
 

LumberJack

Honk If You're a Silly Goose
SF Supporter
#6
When the voices in my head dont want to shut up, I've been listening to Crimson Vale, especially "Im not ok". It kind of dark but seems to help shut the voices up for a while...at least long enough to get doing things that make me too busy to listen to them.
I’m probably not typical, but I don’t feel particularly inspired nor the opposite by lyrics. I feel like it’s just a motivational speech put to music, but that’s not what music is for. I sometimes listen to a song called The Becoming by nine inch nails “it won’t give up; it wants me dead and god damn this noise inside my head,” but that’s more about feeling less isolated because someone else is speaking from a very similar pain to my own.

I do think distraction is a very useful strategy, but when I am too upset, very little music appeals to me. It’s always too busy and straining my anxiety level, or too soporific and should only be listened to in bed. However, very little is more than nothing, and my go-tos of late have been a certain recording of Erik Satie piano solos called “After the Rain.” I have listened to it so many times that it is like a very old, comforting blanket.

Other than that I will seek out esoteric ambient electronic music, which keeps my overactive brain from turning against me.
 

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$0.00
Goal
$255.00
Top