For every lonely and pain-racked night,
There’s a reason.

But, if we trust the Highest the way we should,
Eventually it all works out for our good,
For S/He knows the reason.

Created by Anon.
Edited by Aquarius

From ‘Words Of Hope & Encouragement’

I want to make this my signature but can’t work out how (yet!) Or maybe I haven’t made enough posts. Anyway..

“Nature loves courage. You make the commitment and nature will respond to that commitment by removing impossible obstacles. Dream the impossible dream and the world will not grind you under, it will lift you up. This is the trick. This is what all these teachers and philosophers who really counted, who really touched the alchemical gold, this is what they understood. This is the shamanic dance in the waterfall. This is how magic is done. By hurling yourself into the abyss and discovering its a feather bed.” —Terence McKenna

You Can Do It

You don’t need to be told:
‘Life’s not easy and some hills are hard to climb!’
You don’t need to be told:
‘Have patience, it’ll all come in good time!’

You’ve got enough determination
To see you through,
And if you muster the patience,
Good luck will come, too.

You may have to weather a storm or two,
But don’t put your plans on the shelf.
You’ll only get where you’re going
By believing in yourself.

So go on, give life your best shot.
Success will not pass you by,
If you remember that the only failures
Are those who never try.

Created by Anon.
Edited by Aquarius

* * *​

Sweet Surrender

Lost and alone on some forgotten highway,
Travelled by many remembered by few,
Looking for something that I can believe in,
Looking for something that I’d like to do with my life.

There’s nothing behind me and nothing that ties me
To something that might have been true yesterday.
Tomorrow is open and right now it seems to be more
Than enough to just be here today

I don’t know what the future is holding in store.
I don’t know where I’m going
And I’m not sure where I’ve been.
There’s a spirit that guides me,
A light that shines for me.
My life is worth the living,
I don’t need to see the end’

Sweet, sweet surrender.
Live, live without care,
Like a fish in the water,
Like a bird in the air.

John Denver​

Recommended Listening:
‘Sweet Surrender’

From ‘Songs Of Inspiration’

The Impossible Dream

To dream the impossible dream.
To fight the unbeatable foe.
To bear with unbearable sorrow.
To run where the brave dare not go.

To right the unrightable wrong.
To love pure and chaste from afar.
To try when your arms are too weary –
To reach the unreachable Star.

This is my quest:
To follow that star.
No matter how hopeless, no matter how far.
To fight for the right, without question or pause.
To be willing to march into hell, for a heavenly cause.

And I know, if I’ll only be true to this glorious quest,
That my heart will be peaceful and calm,
When I’m laid to my rest...
And the world will be better for this.
That one man [soul],
Scorned and covered with scars,
Still strove, with his last ounce of courage –
To reach the unreachable star.

From ‘The Man of La Mancha’ (Don Quixote)
Joe Darion and Mitch Leigh
In the fullness of time, the unreachable star described in the above song can and is meant to be reached and that by each one of us. Each time we spread new understanding of God’s sacred wisdom and truth, we act as lightbringers and sowers of seeds. Through this we gradually evolve into a light and a shining star in our own right, who is becoming ever more at one with the Christ Star. In this way increasing amounts of the darkness of our world are absorbed into the light of the Star and transmuted into blessing and healing energies for all life.

The materialism we experience during the early stages of our earthly development has its place in the grand scheme of evolution because it gets us in touch with the power of love and the first stirrings of our higher nature. As we ascend the evolutionary spiral of life, its lower counterpart is gradually left behind. Hidden behind the hunger and thirst for material possessions felt earlier on, are the first manifestations of something quite different. They were expressions of all human souls’ longing for love.

There comes a time for all of us when our earthly self begins to yearn to make contact with something it cannot yet understand. With the awakening of its higher nature and intuition, the higher part of our being can merely be sensed vaguely. Although we are as yet unable to give love, we feel the need for it in our life and yearn to be loved by someone. This draws people into our life who are willing to love us and to show us the meaning of love.

Every human being eventually reaches the evolutionary point when we begin to sense and feel the presence of the higher dimensions of life, even though so far we do not understand them, we may not even consciously be aware of their existence. The initially tiny flame of earthly love kindles a longing in our heart and soul for reaching out and loving something that is more than earthly love, that will and cannot die and will be with us forever.

During that phase of our development, each time we observe a natural phenomenon like nature’s awakening in spring, we sense that behind the manifestations of such beauty and splendour there just has to be a higher power that brings it all into being. Could it be the product of the mind of a great intellect that created even the tiniest part of it? We notice to our delight that each time we reflect on this, a feeling of peace and harmony seems to fill our whole being.

‘Defeat is but a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent. When we fail over and over again but persist, we succeed in the end. That’s our reward. Without being willing to work hard on what we hope to achieve, there will be no success. Every minute of every day brings us fresh opportunities for turning things round and with it our whole life. Whenever we are tempted to give up, it’s good to remind ourselves why we started and that the strongest steel is forged in the hottest fire.’ Anon.

Alwayswrong

To those of us that are tormented by people pointing accuser fingers at all we do and what we don't. I was told a story: The man, the woman, the child and the donkey.
It goes more or less like this:
There was a family walking on a road, with a donkey carrying some packages. They passed by two men and heard them say: "How can the man do such a thing! They have a donkey and he makes his wife walk!". So the man unloaded the donkey and made her wife travel on it. But then some people were gossiping: "What a cruely! The little boy has to walk while his mother travels comfortably on the donkey!". So the man made her walk and placed the boy on the donkey. Spme people laughed at him: they were walking, carrying the heavy packages while the donkey only had to carry the little child! So, they all mounted the donkey...
As they passed by some other people, they yelled at him for being so cruel with the poor animal.

As you can see, it's "damned if you do; damned if you don't."

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$455.00
Goal
$255.00