Football Premier League 2018-2019 season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baywasp

I know the world turns and it will turn on me
SF Supporter
I'm really fucking thrilled at how that match turned out. The second leg is probably going to be a challenge, but a 3-0 head start definitely helps. I mostly went into it expecting a draw at best but still had that little bit of hope that lives in the back of my mind.

Bloop

River Lea by Adele
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Going to pub with dad tomorrow to watch the game. He is Liverpool fan, I am United fan. Should be fun.

Ash600

Of dust and shadows
SF Creative
SF Supporter
Going to pub with dad tomorrow to watch the game. He is Liverpool fan, I am United fan. Should be fun.
I think Klopp summed it up after the game when he walked towards Solsjkaer and mouth something along the lines "Fucking hell, that was a load of shite."

In other news, just who the fuck does that Chelsea 'keeper think he is disrespecting his manager in such a way? Mind you, made for good entetainment ;)

Baywasp

SF Supporter
1551310038405.png
(although I can't say that no Spurs fans thought we were in a title race because some of the people from the Spurs podcasts I listen to got a little excited and optimistic before these past few losses.)

Baywasp

SF Supporter
Son Heung-Min got Premier League player of the year at the London Football Awards (and Poch won for Premier League manager too but I’m way more excited for Sonny). Not sure how big a deal these awards are, but I’m really happy to see Sonny getting some recognition. I still think he’s pretty underrated, but I really love the man.

North London Derby tomorrow and Spurs haven’t been in the best form. Not gonna lie, I’m nervous.

Baywasp

SF Supporter
Spurs finally drew a Premier League match. I'm kinda bummed. Not only because I wanted the win over Arsenal but also because I was enjoying the memes about being undrawable.

Baywasp

SF Supporter
(Feels like I'm talking to myself now.)
And that's it; Spurs are through to the quarterfinals of Champions League with an aggregate of 4-0 over Dortmund. Who'd've thought it would go like this?
[Also, in very much not Premier League news, good job to Ajax on beating Real Madrid! :) )

Ash600

Of dust and shadows
SF Creative
SF Supporter
Another late show, Liverpool popping up with two goals in the last 10 minutes to win the match against The Saints. Sorry @Woowoo , but I'll make it up to you by buying you a few drinks at the next SF meetup. :p

Things are getting so tense now as the season comes towards the final few games.

View attachment 21602

Baywasp

SF Supporter
Bye bye Man City! (Of course we still gotta play them again on Saturday, but I don’t care about that match as much as I do UCL right now.)

That was a crazy match. I missed a lot of the first half and the onslaught of goals at the beginning, but I was able to get to the pub about 25-30 mins in. We were all so nervous. Things were looking bad, especially near the end, til City’s goal was called offside. I didn’t expect that, but I’m still not good at figuring out what’s offside. Either way I’ll take it. On to Ajax.

Ash600

Of dust and shadows
SF Creative
SF Supporter
Bye bye Man City! (Of course we still gotta play them again on Saturday, but I don’t care about that match as much as I do UCL right now.)

That was a crazy match. I missed a lot of the first half and the onslaught of goals at the beginning, but I was able to get to the pub about 25-30 mins in. We were all so nervous. Things were looking bad, especially near the end, til City’s goal was called offside. I didn’t expect that, but I’m still not good at figuring out what’s offside. Either way I’ll take it. On to Ajax.
Don't worry, most people, including the refs havn't got a clue about offside either.

Hopefully spurs will do my team a favour and take points of Man City on Saturday.

Citizen Insane

Emote Encyclopedia
Safety & Support
SF Author
SF Supporter
Gonna watch Tottenham - Ajax tomorrow of course :) (me being an Ajax fanboy :D ) - I'm already beyond happy that we even got this far.. The wins versus Real and Juventus were massive. Just wanna reach the finals as Ajax and lose to Barcelona, which is alright to me :P (not a Barca fan though)

Liverpool will face Barcelona, tough tough match up

Ash600

Of dust and shadows
SF Creative
SF Supporter
Gonna watch Tottenham - Ajax tomorrow of course :) (me being an Ajax fanboy :D ) - I'm already beyond happy that we even got this far.. The wins versus Real and Juventus were massive. Just wanna reach the finals as Ajax and lose to Barcelona, which is alright to me :P (not a Barca fan though)

Liverpool will face Barcelona, tough tough match up
Must admit, Ajax have been totally amazing this season, and going to Real Madrid and Juventus to turn them over in their own backyard were mindblowing performances.

Liverpool going up against Barca? That'll be beyond tough.....

Baywasp

SF Supporter
Fuck, Spurs really seemed to be missing Son out there today. At least Sissoko was able to come in off the bench. Even though there still weren’t a lot of chances being created, we looked a whole lot better as soon as he came on. I just hope he didn’t overexert himself and try to come back too fast from his injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$110.00
Goal
$255.00