• Hi - if you have tried to donate and found that it hasn't worked please can you hit me up in PM? (Freya) I am trying to figure out with paypal what the issue is and they are asking for more data. It doesn't seem to be affecting everyone. Thank you so much :)
  • The SF mobile app is available for download from the resources page. The app is free for all members. It will allow you to get notifications on your mobile device whenever a thread or forum you watch has a new post, when your thread or posts get replies, when you receive a private message, etc. Chat is not accessible on the app as it conflicts with the software on the site. The links to download are in the resources area - https://www.suicideforum.com/community/resources/categories/example-category.1/

#Frustrated (RIP Strong, Independent, Cool Girl)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lmxoxo

Hi Guys,

I'm not usually like this, but lately I've been feeling so lonely (and kinda annoyed at myself for feeling this way).

I've always been a really independent person. I've always enjoyed my own company, far too much at times. & I've always enjoyed being free to make my own decisions without thinking about someone else.

But lately, I've been feeling a little different. I notice my friends all have their 'ride or die' life partners. They have someone to share everything with. Someone who asks about their day and someone to ask about their day in return. Someone to connect with and share everything with in a way that is completely separate from close freindships. If I'm being honest, this makes me feel quite different about the loads of alone time I have.

I'm beginning to want that. But it's difficult. That's a step towards vulnerability. A step towards putting myself out there in a way I'm not completely comfortable with and I'm so frustrated that this has ruined my appreciation for the quiet moments. I'm frustrated that I even want this. I'm frustrated that, OF ALL THINGS, THIS has sent me back here to this over-emotional, dissatisfied, state of being that I tried so hard and was successful (up until recently) of avoiding.

And I'm also frustrated because this thing, this completely, sickeningly cliche thing, feels so damn elusive and unattainable! I'm a difficult person. & I know I'm a difficult person. I just don't see this happening for me.
we_all_want_love_by_viitormartins-d4hness.jpg

Send me well wishes please guys. I definitely will need them.

RIP Strong, independent, non-Bridget-Jones, girl.

Walker

Tolerates No Monkey-Business
Staff member
ADMIN
SF Social Media
SF Supporter
Hi there
I hear what you're saying. Sounds to me like you've been really good with being alone for some time and it's starting to make you ansty now. Wanting to have close or intimate relationships with people isn't a bad thing. You've been thriving on being tough and hard and shit all this time and you can still have that. I can tell that you've got a wall up and I only know you from reading a dozen sentences you wrote here in the middle of the night. You can balance out the tough, awesome chick with a more refined version who can seek out a relationship, you know. It's possible. You can do it. Good luck, let us know how it goes.

PhoenixFailed

Survivor of 2016, Fighter in 2017
SF Supporter
I am sorry you are in pain right now. It is a tricky balance between vulnerable and independent.

Please be kind to yourself. Feeling the way you are does not make you any less strong or independent. I saw you said you are disappointed in yourself. I get what you are saying, but am wondering if you could allow yourself some room to just have the feeling without judging yourself for it.

I am wishing you well.

Innocent Forever

Go as long as you can. And then take another step.
Chat Pro
SF Supporter
Sending you loads of 'well wishes'. It's hard to be vulnerable with others... You can do it... Good luck... really.

I know how you feel, I prefer my own company, but I feel so lonely. it's hard trying to go out and meet people whilst your own mind is telling you how pitiful and worthless you are. I'm sure you'll find someone who will accept you for who you are.

Lmxoxo

Thanks for reading, guys. And thanks for understanding and the encouragements! This has honestly been making me feel semi crazy. Even though I know it's basically quite a normal desire. I think I needed to just say how I was feeling and have someone be like 'Ok. That's okay.'

I love this community!

Petal

SF Number 1 Fan
Staff member
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Hi @Lmxoxo I am sorry you are feeling this way and I understand wanting a partner in your life, is having someone special somethig you want to appear ''normal'' or you really want to feel love trust and worth? I am glad you say you love this community, it is filled with the most amazing people I have ever had the pleasure of ''meeting'', keep being yourself and decide what you want to change or do when you are in the best frame of mind. Best wishes xxx

I understand you. I know how that feels. I'm so embarrassed that I let the lack of a partner bring me down so much. But being alone gets hard and we never expect when. I wish I was as proud as I used to be, but all I feel anymore is lonely.

Lmxoxo

Thanks for the support guys!

I'm low key considering making a sign "Unwanted Girl, please marry"... and sitting out on the road hahaha

Why is love so elusive!? (I've been watching too many rom-cons haha)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$100.00
Goal
$255.00