Hard to process

I was sexually assaulted in 98. I know it's been a long time since it happened but I'm having flashbacks. I see everything he did to me what he made me do. I am not sure what to do. I held everything down and didn't talk about it and then in 2001 I was assaulted again by someone I thought was a friend. I never told anyone out of fear no one would believe me. Then just 3 years ago my then bf was forceful the last time I seen him. He wanted sex and I did not I tried to move when he would try but ended up just giving in. It brought all the memories back up. Now I'm having flashbacks and dont know what to do. I'm scared to talk about any of what happened. I have medication I'm suppose to take so on going to try it tonight just at a loss and dont know what to do anymore. I'm sorry if this was too much.

Hey its okay to feel the way you feel, we can't control your emotions. You gotta acknowledge how we get stronger every day and you can try your best to try to not let trauma take command over our lives. Have you told any close friends about your experiences?, if you don't share with loved ones your repressed emotions are only going to increase over time. Try counselling or venting to friends
Hope you are okay

Thank you I'm hanging in. No I have not told any friends about my experiences. My bf knows but that's it.
Hey telling your boyfriend is a great way to help deal with the negative experiences. Try to remember you've done so well to make a life for yourself after your traumatic experiences. That takes unbelievable amount of courage and shows how strong you are.

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hi there, I find benzodiazepines the best for dealing with flash backs and panic attacks.

It must have taken tremendous strength and courage to tell your boyfriend about what occurred 20 years ago, I applaud you for that. I think you should keep building up your courage and muster the strength to tell a counselor. Is there a rape crisis centre near where you live, that could be an option for you. You have nothing to be ashamed of, all the shame is on them. Please bear in mind we are here to support you, no matter what happens :)

Hi there, I find benzodiazepines the best for dealing with flash backs and panic attacks.

It must have taken tremendous strength and courage to tell your boyfriend about what occurred 20 years ago, I applaud you for that. I think you should keep building up your courage and muster the strength to tell a counselor. Is there a rape crisis centre near where you live, that could be an option for you. You have nothing to be ashamed of, all the shame is on them. Please bear in mind we are here to support you, no matter what happens :)
Thanks hun

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00