Homeless

key726

After this weekend, I’ll have nowhere to sleep, I might get until the end of this month but it’s looking unlikely. I’m so distraught to leave this place, it’s the only place I’ve ever felt at home in and...yeah I don’t know what to do. I think I need more empathy than advice, but I posted here because realistically I’m in a desperate situation.

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
After this weekend, I’ll have nowhere to sleep, I might get until the end of this month but it’s looking unlikely. I’m so distraught to leave this place, it’s the only place I’ve ever felt at home in and...yeah I don’t know what to do. I think I need more empathy than advice, but I posted here because realistically I’m in a desperate situation.
why are you becoming homeless, can you couch surf? I hope you find a solution. is there any options like the town/city fund for temporary housing? i'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers. mike

key726

why are you becoming homeless, can you couch surf? I hope you find a solution. is there any options like the town/city fund for temporary housing? i'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers. mike
Thank you. I don’t want to get into exactly why yet, I haven’t calmed down enough to articulate it, but essentially being kicked out by my mother because she wants her bf to move in. I’m still in my teens, it’s not like I’ve outstayed my welcome (or I guess I have apparently) but she said she cared about me and doesn’t want me to be upset, which is confusing to say the least. I’ll know my options by tomorrow night. I’m going to have to leave my dog, he’s the only thing that gives me any happiness at all, I think I’ll fall apart without that. Then I really won’t have any reason to live. I’m glad this is happening just before my birthday too, really just goes to show. I found out just before I had to start my shift, it’s really sudden, I nearly started crying like 6 times. This is the worst day of my life. I was so optimistic just a month ago. This has really hit hard. I wouldn’t be half as distraught if I knew I could take my dog with me.

rubytigrcat

I totally understand about the dog. I’m the same way about my cat.

Do you have any options for housing just fir now? And do you have a therapist? If you do, you can get him/her to declare your dog an Emotional Support Animal which gives you options in the long run.

But first, keep yourself safe. You need to be here and safe to get the dog.

key726

I totally understand about the dog. I’m the same way about my cat.

Do you have any options for housing just fir now? And do you have a therapist? If you do, you can get him/her to declare your dog an Emotional Support Animal which gives you options in the long run.

But first, keep yourself safe. You need to be here and safe to get the dog.
Thanks for the advice. I really appreciate it. And you’re right, I have to be here to get my dog. I think I have somewhere I could stay for a while but I don’t know for sure yet, I’ll find out in a few days. It’s just x10 more difficult because this is going to change my whole life, not just where I live and all the things that come with that, but my relationship with my mother. I desperately want to cut all contact but then there’s my dog and all my stuff and if I do find somewhere to stay it will be someone she’s related to as well. I feel so hurt and betrayed by her, it’s completely overwhelming. She has made it clear she doesn’t care how I feel at all, I’m kind of going on a bit here I’m sorry but I’m so stressed by it all I need to get this out somewhere. Surely, if she did care as she says, she’d give me until after July? Your mother is supposed to be the person who loves you the most, and I don’t even have the illusion of that anymore.

No use wallowing. But I’m sad and hurt and stuck in this mess.

rubytigrcat

Thanks for the advice. I really appreciate it. And you’re right, I have to be here to get my dog. I think I have somewhere I could stay for a while but I don’t know for sure yet, I’ll find out in a few days. It’s just x10 more difficult because this is going to change my whole life, not just where I live and all the things that come with that, but my relationship with my mother. I desperately want to cut all contact but then there’s my dog and all my stuff and if I do find somewhere to stay it will be someone she’s related to as well. I feel so hurt and betrayed by her, it’s completely overwhelming. She has made it clear she doesn’t care how I feel at all, I’m kind of going on a bit here I’m sorry but I’m so stressed by it all I need to get this out somewhere. Surely, if she did care as she says, she’d give me until after July? Your mother is supposed to be the person who loves you the most, and I don’t even have the illusion of that anymore.

No use wallowing. But I’m sad and hurt and stuck in this mess.
Yeah I had a mother like that and it’s going to be excruciatingly painful and messy for a while. But then you’ll start to live your own real life and it will be like breathing air for the first time. And of course you will have your dig.

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
you said you are in your teens still I assume 18 or 19. what your mother is doing is bullshit. i'm sorry you have to put up with that type of behavior. I don't think your mother's bad I think she's blinded by love right now. and I hate to be the bearer of bad news but life can really suck sometimes. you go through things that are bad like this and it teaches us as well as makes us stronger. you will get through this, it may take time but it will eventually be behind you. and even though we hit bumps in the road we also can have a great life being fulfilled and with a lot of joy. and be honest with your mom, tell her that she upset you but it's ok because you still love her. mike

key726

you said you are in your teens still I assume 18 or 19. what your mother is doing is bullshit. i'm sorry you have to put up with that type of behavior. I don't think your mother's bad I think she's blinded by love right now. and I hate to be the bearer of bad news but life can really suck sometimes. you go through things that are bad like this and it teaches us as well as makes us stronger. you will get through this, it may take time but it will eventually be behind you. and even though we hit bumps in the road we also can have a great life being fulfilled and with a lot of joy. and be honest with your mom, tell her that she upset you but it's ok because you still love her. mike
Thank you. I’m going to be honest with her, but I won’t be telling her I still love her. I get why you would say that and I appreciate it but I don’t think I’m going to talk to her again. Or at least, our relationship will be a very, very distant one. That’s why it’s so scary, because she’s obviously been a huge part of my life and I wish it wasn’t like this. This has taken me off guard. There’s a bigger picture here that I won’t get into or bore anyone with, but trust me when I say it’s a reasonable response.

key726

Yeah I had a mother like that and it’s going to be excruciatingly painful and messy for a while. But then you’ll start to live your own real life and it will be like breathing air for the first time. And of course you will have your dig.
Yeah, I’m looking forward to that! Thank you 😊

key726

I’ve got a bit more time, frustratingly no idea how long. I’m trying to take on as many hours as possible to save up some money, had to cancel my first short but needed holiday in years. Work feels like the only thing I can try to control right now, but I don’t have a long term plan as everything is really uncertain. I feel like I should just move out now (but I don’t want to, I’m really attached to this house and money and my dog and and and :(). I hate this resentment building towards my mother, it’s making me really passive aggressive, thus I’m feeling negative all the time. I wish I had people to call when I was in trouble, that wouldn’t cause a huge fuss. Shit time, really, but others have dealt with worse

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
@key726 it doesn't matter if it's better or worse if it troubles you it's valid. I hope that your situation works out to a point that you can feel safe and have joy again. it's not the phone but feel free to message me anytime, I will listen. mike *hug

sinking_ship

woman overboard
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I had missed this thread, I didn’t realize things were this bad :( I’m so sorry you’re dealing with this. I agree with Ruby that it’s worth seeing if you can get your dog certified as a therapy animal to make taking him with you easier. *hug I hope you are able to find a good solution.

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Thanks guys. My update is basically, I think I’ll be okay. Not much has changed unfortunately, but I think I’m handling it alright for now since I have some more time.
you know that somebody is here 24/7 if you need us. I hope things will improve for you but I'm glad that you're handling things ok. mike *hug*hug

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00