Hope

Discussion in 'Grief and Bereavement' started by Aulm, Dec 1, 2013.

1. Aulm

Aulm New Member

I go through periods of thinking there really is no hope only existing. But it's been almost two
    years now since anyone has passed away. Lost 5 family members in 2.5 years and watching
    the failing health of another while sometimes I feel like I'm standing on the side lines of
    watching the rest of other family members cope. Thanksgiving was tough, got through the
    day okay, but the time after seems harder. Tired of feeling crappy, lost it today with a
    family member, they said something insensitive and I lost it. I do this around holidays and
    anniversary dates............rage. I know I am feeling down and I try to be gentle with myself
    but then I find myself in this unreasonable state and then I just want to keep fighting. I know
    its wrong, I am tired. Started this thread with and the idea of hope, because I know where
    my thoughts and emotions go when I get to this point. I turn in on myself, I dont know how
    to get through some of these periods. I don't want to fall into despair.

2. ronnymarie

ronnymarie Guest

Is it possible for you to see a therapist? They might be able to give you some ways of coping with the pain you are feeling without turning inward or feeling rage.