How Are You Feeling Right Now?

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Cozy with lidocaine patch on me back and some good chemicals in the bloodstreeam. Evrything passes.
i use prescripton 5 % lidocaine patches for my legs. even spray them with that prestick spray after cleaning it with alcohol patch first, they still fall off lol. now i secure them with duct tape as well and it works well, duct tape works on anything lol

mike......*hug*shake

full

SF Supporter
i use prescripton 5 % lidocaine patches for my legs. even spray them with that prestick spray after cleaning it with alcohol patch first, they still fall off lol. now i secure them with duct tape as well and it works well, duct tape works on anything lol

mike......*hug*shake
You know that duct tape is probably the only thing that can securely keep them in the right place lol. And interesting how noticeable difference is between 4% and 5% lidocaine patches. I also got my PCP to get me 5%. Much better relief. We've got this *thumbsup*hug

mike......*hug*shake
Oh. Ouch. My skin can’t even take the physical therapy tape that was supposed to be stabilizing my knee tendon after an injury. My PT said the adhesive is acidic, and some people are sensitive to it. If I used duct tape on my skin, I wouldn’t be able to remove it without losing some skin as well.

JMG

~ Peace and love to all ~
Thanks. It comes and goes. Ironically I did drift off to sleep for a few hours after posting on here and playing on my phone (supposed to be one of the worst things to do!). I was dreading having to get up with no sleep at all but at least I got a bit. 8.20am is almost a civilised get up time. I feel tired and bleary eyed but at least have a few days off now! Thanks for your kind words 😊
You’re so welcome AvidFan! :) I always feel terrible when I see/read how various members struggle with insomnia. I am so deeply thankful that it isn’t a thing I have or have ever had (for the most part) it sounds like pure hell to deal with. What I do know is the few times I have had it, it pretty much always came down to there being something that was deeply bothering me, psychologically. Usually it had to do with needing to say something to someone (almost always a family member) about something that felt like it was “eating away at me”. I had to really do a bit of soul searching to figure out “who” it was, and also “what” it was that I needed to say, but once I figured that out/got to the bottom of it, I slept MUCH better/more peacefully.

That was just me though of course and I know there are all kinds of reasons why people sometimes have insomnia. I wish they would make some kind of completely non-addictive pill for it, cos while I may pretty much never have it “these days” what I do often struggle with is “getting to sleep”. If there was a completely non-addictive “sleeping pill” that I could take, that had no (or at least, extremely minimal) side effects then I would probably take it every night.

Anyway sorry got a bit sidetracked with those things there, but I am glad it is only “sometimes” and not all the time. And I’m really glad you got some sleep despite being on your phone (aw ya I do remember reading about that being one of the things it is “best to avoid” when dealing with insomnia. I had considered listing some of those “suggestions” in the post, but figured the site I gave the link for laid it all out “better” and clearer anyway, lol).

That’s great you have a few days off now too, hope you enjoy them! :) Thanks for replying to what I said too. I really appreciate it and it definitely helps me feel like I made a bit of a “difference” in some way, even if it was mostly just in showing caring/empathy/support ;) :)

Going to be a long boring day today. Lonely too but I had friends over last night so can't really complain. Two major pieces of woodworking tools broken so I can't do woodworking which as you know I love to do. So cleaning today instead which is much needed but I don't want to do it. But I will and maybe exercise to lose some weight and be "healthy."

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$165.00
Goal
$255.00