How Are You Feeling Right Now?

Lane

SF Pro
SF Supporter
I took off from work yesterday and had an appointment with the physicians assistant. She was very thorough and I got my scripts for 3 months. It felt good to be honest with her about how I was feeling. She even suggested I get involved in a 3 week out patient program. But that would be difficult with work even though I do get anxiety AT work. πŸ™„. It's a catch 22.

PrincessPure

Once upon a time there was a girl who used to think moving out of her parents' house, living abroad and studying a top major would fix all her issues and she'll finally be happy. Well, i'd slap that girl in the face if I go back in time and tell her to fix her issues instead cause she'll still be very very far from OK, even after achieving all that.

PrincessPure

In fact, I am doing so bad that everyone can tell something is odd. I keep shaking because of my anxiety and feel so weak. I feel so weak that I can't even stand straight. I need a bed 24/7. Yet I have to be functional despite this crippling anxiety and the horrible cold I have caught because my parents arent here to take care of me and I have a fu*king difficult exam to take on Monday, and it's fu*king oral, worse for me and my anxiety.

AvidFan

Retired Cat Staff
SF Supporter
In fact, I am doing so bad that everyone can tell something is odd. I keep shaking because of my anxiety and feel so weak. I feel so weak that I can't even stand straight. I need a bed 24/7. Yet I have to be functional despite this crippling anxiety and the horrible cold I have caught because my parents arent here to take care of me and I have a fu*king difficult exam to take on Monday, and it's fu*king oral, worse for me and my anxiety.
I am so sorry to hear how much you are struggling, sounds like a lot of pressure you're trying to contain and it's bulging out of the cracks anyway πŸ˜₯

I am still really upset about my hair - they did it way too dark - it looks almost black to me, and I said "light brown" about twenty times. Tried calling the salon and I left a voice message. Also, he cut my bangs in a way that I hate, shorter in the middle and long at the sides, which doesn't suit the shape of my face.

So I tried to make myself feel better, and instead I feel much, much worse. My haircut & color ages me at least 10 years :(

I'm so sorry you are feeling this bad. I do feel like you're going to get better - you haven't been in the new place long and it takes time to settle in. Give yourself a break. And oral exams suck. Just do your best and try not to beat yourself up.

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Not great - had an emotional meltdown today

Discussed my mental health with my doctor (GP) - advising that I mask or minimize depression symptoms. She said I always sound "perky" on the phone. I said I have worked for 25 years in call centres and I probably sounded perky when I was suicidal. She did understand in the end and said maybe I need to let how I feel show through. Well, duh. Anyway she has referred me for urgent psychiatric care in my new city. I need a med review and probably need to back on Abilify because my sleep is so off.

Went for a haircut/dye and they dyed my roots too dark. I am very pale and I don't like it. I know it will fade but not sure it will fade enough

Tried to make a double recipe of blueberry scones, and I screwed up while trying to focus on the double ingredients. I ruined the dough. This is when I had my meltdown. I said I am useless and can't do anything and I'm so ugly (the fluorescent light at the salon didn't do my pale face any favours). My husband tried to talk me down but i was really upset. I have a friend coming over tomorrow with her boyfriend, and yes, I want to socialize but I am not feeling social right now, and now we don't have any food to offer them and I'm on a special diet so can't go to a restaurant. I'm sure it will work out, but... Damn. I just want a different life. One where I have good skin and can socialize without having an anxious breakdown.
i'm sure you can work out the food situation. if you want to go to a restaurant call around to see what they offer. you may have to go off of your food plan a little but possibly you'll find something close. as for screwing up the scones guess what, it isn't the first time you screwed up and it won't be your last. we all make mistakes because we are human.

as for your hair i had to chuckle a bit. a very close friend of mine panicked when the beauty parlor screwed up her hair. it was orange instead of red. we were at a campground on the lake and she refused to go outside for a few weeks and it was a few days before she would accept visitors. i'll tell you the same thing we all told her : we don't care and it doesn't matter. people like you and not your hair. if you can fix it then go ahead, otherwise don't worry about it and have a great time

mike....*hug*shake

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
*hug*shake

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
i had a pretty bad day physically speaking but mood is still good. my wife had an appointment with her doctors nurse this week. we kept saying she has a lot less meds than she used to. well when she was in the hospital and rehab months ago they dropped a lot of her meds some very important. the doctor had to call in " 13 " meds that she was missing. that is a lot of meds she wasn't taking. i think she will start to get better now

mike

Thursday. The day of the week I realize that the week already gone by and I haven’t done anything at all. Same as last week and the week before that since forever.

Bright sun outside. Feels like spring. Makes me feel very odd and anxious. As I do every spring and autumn. Maybe the autism, I really don’t like change.

Just remembered a new update to Vampire Survivors is out. Good game to zone out with.

SillyOldBear

Teddy Bears Rule! 🐻
Staff Alumni
i had a pretty bad day physically speaking but mood is still good. my wife had an appointment with her doctors nurse this week. we kept saying she has a lot less meds than she used to. well when she was in the hospital and rehab months ago they dropped a lot of her meds some very important. the doctor had to call in " 13 " meds that she was missing. that is a lot of meds she wasn't taking. i think she will start to get better now

mike
Sure hope you and your wife feel better soon. That is a lot of meds to keep track of; especially if they come from different doctors. Maybe you could create a chart to track them all.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00