How do you get help if you can't ask

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Steven1105uk, Apr 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steven1105uk

Steven1105uk Member

How do you ask for help to stop you doing something if you can't ask for help. This is impossible

2. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

Why can't you ask for help?

3. ThePhantomLady

ThePhantomLady Safety and Support SF Supporter

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Would it be possible for you to write it down and hand it to the relevant people so you don't have to say it out loud?

4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi and welcome. you can ask for help, you've just done so :) I know sometimes its hard to regulate your emotions and thoughts into words but start slowly and build it up :) Best of luck to you :)

5. Steven1105uk

Steven1105uk Member

How, gp has no interest. I tried years ago and was dismissed. I can't open my mouth and say anything that I'm thinking.

Thank you for taking time to reply

6. Steven1105uk

Steven1105uk Member

And give it to who? Every online support leads back to GP because I'm suicidal but I can't approach GP. There's no where to turn to

7. ThePhantomLady

ThePhantomLady Safety and Support SF Supporter

and why can't you go to your GP?

8. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

What about going to another GP or going to the hospital?

ThePhantomLady likes this.
  9. Petal

Sounds like you need to change your doctor, get a second opinion at the very least and see if that changes anything. You CAN get help.

10. Steven1105uk

Steven1105uk Member

I went before and they just want to either give you tablets and put you on waiting list to see a therapist. I had 8 cbt sessions and stopped taking tablets myself and never heard a thing ever again.

11. Steven1105uk

Steven1105uk Member

I struggle to go to the shop or to work i can not get help. Saying I can get help is like saying just be happy. It is that far fetched.

12. Petal

i'm sorry, i can't say i full understand but i can sympathise. why do you struggle to go out sometimes?

13. Steven1105uk

Steven1105uk Member

I struggle with all social interactions. I don't feel comfortable

14. Petal

Now that! I can understand as I was house bound for 5 years. The longer you leave it the worse it gets, trust me on that. I only want the best for you, seeking help would be a success not a failure, your current doctor sounds like a right asswipe to be honest, maybe he's one of those old doctors that don't have much faith in mental illness. Either way you can get help elsewhere.

15. Steven1105uk

Steven1105uk Member

Yes they are an old family GP surgery. I hear what you are saying , I just can't do it. Some people arnt cut out for life. I'm one of them.

16. Petal

Is there the possibility of seeing another doctor? Or maybe a psychiatrist?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.