How to empathize

Discussion in 'After Effects' started by mpang123, Jan 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mpang123

mpang123 Well-Known Member

My neighbor is grieving about the lost of her mother and brother and was trying to reach out to me. I'm sorry, but I feel very helpless when it comes to bereavement. It only made me think how my death would affect my family and friends. I have never been to a funeral and grieved for someone. Suicide is a very sensitive topic and many people can't deal with my suicidal tendencies because they have so many problems of their's . I feel guilty that that's all I think of...my death and not be there for others. Sorry, but my memory blocks have protected me from painful past but I would never forget how close to death I was. I feel less valid to even think depressed, when I have so much going on for me, comparing to others. I minimize myself because others may have more issues than me and I feel guilty that I can't relate to their issues. I've always treated death openly because that's what I want too. So I don't know why I have to keep dealing with this guilt. My death will only affect others but not me. I would be put out of my misery and others just have to understand that.

2. mpang123

mpang123 Well-Known Member

I'm the only in this complex that has a suicide issue. They have so many problems that maybe keeps them busy from thinking like me. That's probably my problem. I have nothing to complain about, right? My memory blocks out a lot of things that have upset me in the past. Maybe that's a blessing, but it's making feel like I'm losing my mind, literally. My neighbor sharing her grief has triggered me and made me think how much I can't relate to her. She has so many issues bothering her and I can't say anything empathetically to her. I feel so helpless when it comes to grieving. I take it very well, so far. Like I said, I'm obsessed with death, especially mine. It seems I don't care about anyone else and that it's such a selfish act. Well, that makes the more reason that I should die since I'm so useless. I'm so sad that I think of nothing but me. I really wish I could just give up. The pain and guilt is so overwhelming and I'm all alone. I asked for it anyway, I chase I my friends away and feel like shit.

3. greenieguy

greenieguy Banned Member

Just try and be there for her you cant control how you feel about death just be caring towards your friend.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.