• You may receive an error message when sending PMs at the moment. The message you're trying to send has been sent and if you refresh your screen, you will see it. Otherwise you may get many repeated messages. We're working on this!

How to stop obsessing and move on?

neutralbuoyancy

stuck in place yet again
I would like to share a deep dark secret with you guys that I dare not share with anyone. No, it's not murder or anything of that sort. So the thing is I have a issue with unconsciously obsessing and inability to move on (this isn't the secret part). I hate regretting but my body does anyway every time I blurt out things I do not want to say unconsciously in public places. I hate myself for it and can't stop myself from doing. Especially since, I'm that stereotypical loner, quiet kid, imagine blurting out random suicidal things, or things about random fetish, someone I used to know at school, or repeat myself for no reason. I also talked really oddly to my manager at work. Or call my art teacher a bitch in class or tell a kid to shut up randomly. They say it's anxiety, or like a type of panick attack but no one helps me figure out how to stop it. The best advice from my therapist was to find a new hobby, get out the house more, and stop thinkinv about it. There is this weird thing I do sometimes I see people in my class and act avoidan to around them when I oddly go oh I don't think I can get along with this person and they think I have a crush on them. Like it happened with our school drug dealer. Like I have a tendency to space out and day dream with my adhd and his seat faces mine. One day my we sat in different seats for a stupid class activity and he sat near me. I sat kept looking at my phone and clock cuz my game keeps crashing and I hated being there. The guy whispers to his friend that I might have a crush on me. I wanted to denying it since I had a crush on my close friend, and didn't want to act like I overheard. So i end up looking back at my phone and clock till class ended. I guess from then that I started noticing that guy and his name stuck in my head. I want nothing.to do with him and his name keeps popping up in my head even if I see other ppl with same.first or last name I am sick of it. There is also me, who saw this anime with a cliffhanger. Where the main female character got put in a weird situation with vampire cuz of her dad. I subconsciously ended up making a OC where I constantly imagine in my head of scenarios where my OC helps that character repeatedly and daydream about it. The setting does not change only the way my OC interacts. I do this Hundreds and thousand times a day. Enough for me to have even lucid dreams of that situation twice. Enough for my OC to become a persona of me. I have no friends so I end up imagining my OC sharing anything new I learned in that situation. I also obssess over a color, image, a aong, anything I didn't like slowly start to go into my head and never leaves. I don't want this I really don't want this. I really don't want this. I also hate saying the opposite of I mean in critical situations. I know I have a social anxiety problem. I know I have a problem with ADHD, insomnia, Stress, Anxiety, may be even autism. I can't stop. I just can't stop. I really wanto turn my OC into a character and a story. I don't want her to be a persona. My therapist doesn't even give me time to talk about all this. I am so sick of this. I hate this. I just want anyone to help me move on. Please.

reading-well.org.uk (no www) has a list of self-treatment books that have been vetted by mental health professionals. I think there are some titles there that might be helpful.

Something in one of these links might be helpful:

Chinese Herbal Medicine and Acupuncture, World's Second Largest Medical System

Self-Treatment and Miscellaneous

Specific Info for Insomnia

Imho, while some mental health issues can be resolved by changing how you think, there's often a physical health issue that is the root, and so some form of physical treatment can be effective.

I'm not sure if you wanted someone to sling websites and links at you, but I hope something can help.

neutralbuoyancy

stuck in place yet again
reading-well.org.uk (no www) has a list of self-treatment books that have been vetted by mental health professionals. I think there are some titles there that might be helpful.

Something in one of these links might be helpful:

Chinese Herbal Medicine and Acupuncture, World's Second Largest Medical System

Self-Treatment and Miscellaneous

Specific Info for Insomnia

Imho, while some mental health issues can be resolved by changing how you think, there's often a physical health issue that is the root, and so some form of physical treatment can be effective.

I'm not sure if you wanted someone to sling websites and links at you, but I hope something can help.
ty 😊

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$100.00
Goal
$255.00