I've been out of work for months now. I'm 23, graduated from high school and only puttered around in small jobs nearby or over the internet. I have a deep disgust for driving cars and have refused to do so. I currently live with my father who urges me to get a job, he's very kind about it though. He doesn't try to guilt me or shame me or anything and he says he can afford to have me live here. But he really wants to see me do better, I can tell. My mom divorced him several years ago and he struggles with depression like me. He tells me he's glad I'm in his life and he doesn't know if he would have made it if I wasn't here. I feel terrible when I think that I want to end my own life, because I realize I would be taking a support from him. Within the past four years I have slowly become detached from the world and the emotions I used to have. It is uniquely fulfilling to realize how many pointless things I used to care about that I simply don't worry about anymore. However, at the same time, I did not choose to put myself in this situation, it was forced on me by increasing suicidal depression. I have absolutely zero motivation to do anything. I try to argue with myself to do basic things, like blinking or even breathing sometimes. But all of my thoughts keep returning to the fact that I just don't care. I don't care if I die, so why would I bother keeping a normal eating or sleeping habit? Why would I go to doctors appointments? Why would I go out to meet people? Why would I care about my appearance? I don't care about any of these things. For a while, I considered the things that would happen after I died, wondering if I should care about them. Things like: is there an afterlife? If so, which one? Will I end up in hell or heaven? If I end up in heaven, would that life be identical to this one? Would I have to live like this for all eternity? If I end up in hell, would that be worse than this? If nothing will change or nothing will get worse, why should I care? It all sort of filters down to one absolute belief. Nothing can get better. So why should I care? I apply this answer to every self argument I have. Why should I care? I cannot find an answer to that question.
