I feel discarded by the medical system

Scytaic

SF Supporter
I suddenly developed a lot of health issues a few years back due to antidepressant withdrawal, which I'm still disabled with. The doctors blamed everything on my anxiety and one even yelled at me when I asked for a scan. A psychiatrist I saw last year seemed understanding and told me to make an appointment to update her if I get worse. So I had an appointment today but she was unempathetic this time. The session ended within 10 minutes and I didn't get to say anything except "my health is worse", to which she replied "well if you don't want medication what do you want me to do?"

Then last week I had a PIP assessment, and the assesor was getting impatient and grumpy with me because I was panicking the whole time. He also asked me multiple times details about my self harming throughout the whole assessment despite saying "yes I self harm but I don't want to talk about it" the first time. He kept repeating things that I said back to me but twisting the words to sound like I'm doing better than I am. It felt like an interrogation.

Even the support groups I'm in for my various health issues, I tend to never get any replies. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I feel so alone and forgotten about.

Thank you for reading β™‘

The doctors blamed everything on my anxiety and one even yelled at me when I asked for a scan.
That's awful. They should know better than to behave like that.
He kept repeating things that I said back to me but twisting the words to sound like I'm doing better than I am. It felt like an interrogation.
I'm sorry that it was like that.

Even the support groups I'm in for my various health issues, I tend to never get any replies
If your health issues are uncommon, that might be part of why it's harder to get replies.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong.
I don't think you're necessarily doing anything wrong, you're just in a difficult situation.
I feel so alone and forgotten about.
Hugs Scytaic

*sadhug

KM76710

Kangaroo Manager
SF Pro
SF Supporter
I wish you did get more and importantly better and better for your health support along the path. There is no one size fits all for the human race. It is disappointing the directions that things went with your assessment.

1Lefty

SF Supporter
I suddenly developed a lot of health issues a few years back due to antidepressant withdrawal, which I'm still disabled with. The doctors blamed everything on my anxiety and one even yelled at me when I asked for a scan. A psychiatrist I saw last year seemed understanding and told me to make an appointment to update her if I get worse. So I had an appointment today but she was unempathetic this time. The session ended within 10 minutes and I didn't get to say anything except "my health is worse", to which she replied "well if you don't want medication what do you want me to do?"

Then last week I had a PIP assessment, and the assesor was getting impatient and grumpy with me because I was panicking the whole time. He also asked me multiple times details about my self harming throughout the whole assessment despite saying "yes I self harm but I don't want to talk about it" the first time. He kept repeating things that I said back to me but twisting the words to sound like I'm doing better than I am. It felt like an interrogation.

Even the support groups I'm in for my various health issues, I tend to never get any replies. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I feel so alone and forgotten about.

Thank you for reading β™‘
Hi -

I'm sorry you haven't gotten the help you need
We're here to help

:)

seabird

meandering home
SF Supporter
I think anyone in a position of authority who loses control of themselves to the point they yell instantly loses credibility. Sorry they did that to you.

I hope for the best for us all. How are you getting on?
*console

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$165.00
Goal
$255.00