i need parent's answer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stranger1

Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend
If my daughter commited suicide it would devastate me.. It would also hurt my grandaughter who is 10.. I love my daughter even with all her faults..My dad told me to write her off and not have anything to do with her.. I didn't speak to him for six years after that.. Mo matter what she does I will always love her..

total eclipse

SF Friend
Staff Alumni
I can tell you from my experiances with my daughter each time she tried and almost succeeded I died with her A piece of me goes each time she attempts. If she ever succeeded i do not think i could stay here without her. It doesn't matter what she does i will always always try to help her and love her.

Last edited by a moderator:

doityourself

I love my children more than I love anything else in this world, including myself. If my son ever told me that he felt this way, I think I would feel like a failure that I had failed him.

As a parent, I would never forgive myself if something happened, not being able to see what was going on, wondering if I could have helped, blaming myself, wanting to die without them. My boys death would be like me dying, I wouldnt want to go on without them.

It woud break me, thats the problem with suicide, someone has to carry the persons baggage..........forever.....
I love my children with all my heart and there is nothing, and i mean nothing. that i wouldnt do for them

Fitzy

My daughter has attempted and I feel so guilty. I'm her mum and should be able to make it all better. I love her so much.

warrabinda

i was going to post/ask this
the one thing that keeps me going is my mum and dad and dog. I don't mean to sound exploitative but sometimes while i know intellectually it would upset them, i don't feel anything emotionally (wow that sounds horrible).
:hugtackles: for mums and dads on thsi forum who've lost someone

ToddMAdl

I'm not a parent although there are times I would like to be and I hope to be one some day I have thought about this before. I've had suicidal thoughts many times in my life and I think I would have to be really impulsive to act on it just because I don't want to die in the first place but mostly I would hate to commit such a callous act that would destroy my parents, especially my mom. I think most good parents love their children unconditionally, warts and all. My mom and I are very close and I would hate to cause her the worst pain that could ever be caused to her.

IV2010

just over a year ago my son took his life..he was 24....
I tried so hard to help him but all in vain...he wouldn't get professional help

I love him so much I would have given my life for him...
when he died part of me died with him..

there is a verse that says it all

"when you died, my heart broke in two
One half filled with sadness
the other died with you"

I have been in a state of depression /suicidal ever since he left ..
I now carry his pain as well as my own grief...it's becoming too much to bear.
there is no word invented to describe the pain that losing a child to suicide causes..especially a mother losing her son

there is no light at the end of the tunnel because I will never see him again, never be able to hug him again, never talk with him again...he's gone..

coping with a suicide in the family destroys it..changes the families lives forever.
.statistics say that some family members may also suicide because of the grief they are left to deal with..

If you are feeling suicidal - I plead with you DON'T

get help asap...
don't put your family through this.
more than anything they want and need you alive..

asking_advice

i dont understand why my parents love me unconditionally. please explain to me the reason :(

i believe they love me because they dont have a choice. i feel guilty because they are deserving better daughter than me.

total eclipse

SF Friend
Staff Alumni
Yes they have a choice and many parent choose the other way the love you unconditionally because their love is true love for their daughter. hugs

Fluffypingu

Safety and Support
SF Supporter
not sure if i should answer this but i lost a baby i know it wasnt through sucide but i think it will kinda be the same feelings and wen she died part of me died too and then i attempted then i made my mum feel like she lost me so yeah i guess please dont do it hun

doityourself

i dont understand why my parents love me unconditionally. please explain to me the reason :(

i believe they love me because they dont have a choice. i feel guilty because they are deserving better daughter than me.
Actually as a parent I can choose not to love my children, many do....

I love my kids because they are a part of me, It brings on joy to hear thier laugh and so much pleasure when they do somethig to feel accomplished. They are part of the team that weve built and I hope that we all can work together to make memories, traditions, I want grandchildren, I want to see them succeed in life. I want everything for them and will help in any way that I can to see that they achieve this.

I dont know how to describe it, I also lost a baby to miscarriage and the pain that I felt has been like no other even all the abuse I suffered from others and even myself, that loss still haunts me. What if I did something wrong for it to happen, what she would have been like, what she would have looked like, all those things come to me and I didnt even get to meet her. So I couldnt imagine having my boys, learning about them, watching them grow, seeing thier smiles, and hugging the crys. I wouldnt trade it for anything and wouldnt give it up without a fight.

Please if your feeling suicidial reach out to your parents or someone that you can talk to. PM me if it will help.

Hope your having a better day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00