:: I Want To Adopt a Child

wallflower

I don't know if this is a good place to put this. I have been thinking, although it's hard to take myself seriously sometimes, that I do want to raise a kid when I am older, I am 19 right now. I want to adopt a child, preferably from a place where he or she wouldn't have the best opportunities.
Another reason, is that I have a mental illness, that I don't want my child to suffer through. This makes me feel a sense of sadness, but I find that the idea of bringing a child into this world to suffer through the same illness I have would be too hard. Lately, it seems every other guy I run into is schizophrenic, and maybe that's because that was at first the kind of guy I thought would make sense, but then...no. It's not, there's just too much stress and it doubles with schizophrenia. Would they hold it against me? I mean, there's nothing wrong with me-but it's still a pain in the a** to live this way, it's a lot of suffering. Maybe I want a child to help me, more than to help the child, I dont know....I really need to know more about this, and contemplate this more. I really don't want any criticism, I just need someone understanding to give some solid advice on the best and healthiest way to raise a kid........

peace

Anime-Zodiac

I understand your line of thinking. I guess one of the most important things when raising a child is that you can provide for them, which essentially means you need to be financially secure. The other thing which i'm sure you will do is give them lots of care.

There's no rush and you have soo much time to think over this. Just make sure when you make a decision, that your 100% sure.

aoeu

I don't know. I wouldn't wish the bad parts of my genes on anyone - but there are definitely good parts as well. There's potential for a great many things in my genes, some good, some not so much... Could I deprive a child of the good to prevent them from having the bad? I don't know... And any child I have will have a wonderful mother [though she's likely to have a mental illness as well].

I think a loving home is worth far more than anything in your genes.

That said, I think adoption is a very good choice, for the other child. You don't know where they'll end up if you don't take them on...

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00