In Trouble Again...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amanda

So I was doing good for a while. I stopped even coming to SuicideForum, I was getting clean and sober and everything seemed like it was going good and then the shittyness hit me like a ton of bricks. And it hasnt left.

On Sunday night the RCMP came to my house after I called the crisis line, got frustrated and hung up on them. I was kept in the hospital overnight, and then on Wednesday evening my family got worried about me and took me to the hospital again.

Prior to that I had gone 5 months and 10 days without a hospital visit or a visit from the police.

I am still going to AA, NA, and CA meetings for my drug and alcohol problems and I am still clean and sober but I dont know how long I can keep my shit together for, I really just want to hurt myself.

JmpMster

Owner Emeritus
Staying clean and sober through that is amazing accomplishment and why I believe you will have the strength to get back on top again. I am soory was so hard the last few days but now you knw "better" is real so you can use that knowledge as a map to get to a better place again,

Take Care and Be Safe

Ben

total eclipse

SF Friend
Staff Alumni
Hi Amanda hold on ok You can beat this shitty feeling you can You keep talking here reaching out to your supports and you will get some stability back
Good for you staying clean for so long hugs

Hugs to you, Yael. You should be proud of yourself for being clean and sober, that's wonderful!!

Sorry you're feeling shitty, though. Please consider coming around here and especially to chat even when you're feeling good...it's so helpful to be around people who can relate to the mental issues. You know my opinion about 12-step programs so I won't argue with you if those meetings are helpful to you, but do consider the possibility that the focus they put on your 'flaws' and 'character defects' might not be the healthiest thing for you mentally.

Feel free to PM me here or on FB any time, okay? I'm sending you the happiest and healthiest thoughts imaginable.

Stephanie

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hello Amanda, I have missed you so much. Congratulations on staying sober, that is an amazing achievement, I had wondered where you were! Sorry to hear about the bother you got into, it is in the past now, it's over and you are still clean so go you!!! We're always here for you :hug:

Amanda

Im not doing great. I had a slip on Monday. I ate 3 Ativan that werent prescribed to me so my clean & sober count has to start all over again. I felt so bad about it I was gonna kill myself and ended up going back into the hospital and they kept me until the 24th after much begging they let me out. Im starting to think letting me out wasnt such a hot idea but Im here now so I guess it is what it is. Back to 3 days clean and sober.

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
When you fall off the horse you get back on, you're into day 4 of being sober again and that is all you should focus on, that is great :) It's nice to see you around too. It can be a very trying time trying to abstain from drugs/alcohol, you have come a long way since I first met you, I have faith in you that you can do this. Here if you need me hun x

Last edited by a moderator:

DrownedFishOnFire

Back into the wild where I belong. Out of your way
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hope they get the Therapy sessions rolling for you to give you the support you need.

Keep it up being clean.

Amanda

I just got out of the psych ward today. I was admitted on Friday and stayed till I signed myself out AMA this afternoon after lunch. I remembered why I hate the psych ward. Im so happy to not be there anymore. I think Im gonna go to more AA meetings and work my program and just do better, cause I dont want to go back.

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hey Amanda,

It is nice to see you on, I am sorry to hear this stay did not help you but I'd urge you to keep going to the AA meetings, I know you have potential and you can do this, you're a brave courageous woman. Good luck my friend :)

Unknown_111

Forum Buddy
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Amanda, you have done well. Yes, you have your up and down days but keep hanging in there. You have done well so do not be hard on yourself. Keep posting for support. Take care.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00