It's the darkest it's ever been

Catch_22

I just wanted to say, that I read this a little bit yesterday. Up to the part, where the 'method,' was beginning to be discussed. I was not strong / well; or well/strong, enough --to be able to "get through~" the rest! But - when I do, you can best believe that I will return, with a write-up, & to or, 'share!' some of my thoughts. Most of which, are rather on the verge of mind blowing, right now, or at the moment. that's one of the reasons I didn't rush right in. All I could think of, or that would spill-out, was profanity laced discombobulations: that would indeed have interferred with~ (any "rational," thought!). And that was just from me reading a little bit about it! Imagine what it must have been like to actually live or go through it. Experience it that is. . . : /
It mentions things about suicide? I didn't realize that..I wouldn't have posted it. I'm sorry for posting something with triggering stuff inside..I didn't realize.

dandelion s

RAW, well done
SF Supporter
I'm scared
I don't even believe I'm a fractured multiple who is in trouble. I think I'm insane.
End of road is close.
HI Catch_22, i haven’t seen this post until just now i think. i am impressed with the similarities i see and then i also remark at differences such as that my father was likely the narcissist but presented his abuse as love and care. i wonder how that might come across to you. i think an upbringing can be as easily a confusing thing as being a nurturing thing. i’m wondering if nurture and abuse simultaneously (or other upbringing things) brings on the need for the child to respond in multiplicity. does the resonate at all? just my thoughts at the moment. but very much here to wish you well and hopeing for further conversation with you.

Catch_22

HI Catch_22, i haven’t seen this post until just now i think. i am impressed with the similarities i see and then i also remark at differences such as that my father was likely the narcissist but presented his abuse as love and care. i wonder how that might come across to you. i think an upbringing can be as easily a confusing thing as being a nurturing thing. i’m wondering if nurture and abuse simultaneously (or other upbringing things) brings on the need for the child to respond in multiplicity. does the resonate at all? just my thoughts at the moment. but very much here to wish you well and hopeing for further conversation with you.
Yes, it does resonate. Everyone that abused me, from church people to my parents portrayed their abuse as love and care, tough love ..while control was deemed "strict"..lots of wordplay, doublespeak. Of all the multiples I have met, not one has been refused an experience with their caregivers like this. Though I know some multiples can split because of early medical traumas, usually they don't seem to split to the degree of multiplicity without a narcisstic guardian..(from the fifty or so multiples I have interacted with or read about) but I'm sure I could be wrong.. but I would say it's a significant part of why this happens to us, yes, from my perspective. In TBMC (manufactured multiplicity) we are literally split intentionally by abusers as parts in response and effect to harsh and kind treatment. Harsh treatment causes one alter and kindness another..so that we are constantly kept in these states and alters with the abuser so they can control us. For us, all of our abusers are for sure npd and personality disordered, whereas with regular organic multiplicity I cannot say for sure that is the case. I see that as a severe degree of the very abuse you are describing.
The reality of nurturing getting flipped and people who abuse making it look like they are nurturing when they really are destroying deceptively; I do think this is a feature seen in traumagenic multiples. Interested in more of your thoughts for sure.

Zinnia

Please don't link from this site.
I am hesitant but will slowly start to share some background info for the few of you interested in understanding to support better. We will start with one resource at a time because the situation is complicated and I'm scared.

https://ladywithatruck.com/abuse-can-be-subtle-and-deadly/

When people talk about narcissistic abuse, they rarely consider how evil, how lethal and how permanently destructive it is. They do not see criminal minds.
It only takes one perp to kill the person they are abusing with their mind and behaviour. It only takes one. I have had probably close to a hundred. If you think I'm lying buzz off. Most narc victims cannot even understand my predicament or how I have survived. People focus on d.i.d. when that label was used to destroy me and stay accessed by perps, instead of focusing on what the actual problem is that's driven us into this situation and who caused the abuse and the splits, and why.
Let me know if you read please and if it informs.you any better to my situation. Since I'm diff so much on here it may be I'm swiss cheesing leaving stuff out to be filled in later.
It sounds like you are not in the relationship anymore? That has to be good news.

Catch_22

It sounds like you are not in the relationship anymore? That has to be good news.
I am still in a a relationship with a narcissist who is responsible for the outcome of my life and safety. All the previous narcs/socios.pushed away decent people and when my life got sabotaged I had no humans anymore. A part did an inventory of my relationships (what was left of them) when they began learning about narc abuse and personality disorders several years ago now, trying to prove I came from a cult. We learned all of them were predatorial and was discarded by most once I got a clue and let go or kicked the rest all out of my life. It's a long ordeal to figure this out about one person, much less everyone you know. In the end I had one human left, better than the ones who harmed me but just as bad as them in many ways. So no, I have not escaped all of them and can't. It's good and bad news, as yes, most of the toxic people are not here now, but their influence is still felt and it left me isolated in danger and with no way to survive. Thank you for reading.

Last edited:

Zinnia

I am still in a a relationship with a narcissist who is responsible for the outcome of my life and safety. All the previous narcs/socios.pushed away decent people and when my life got sabotaged I had no humans anymore. A part did an inventory of my relationships (what was left of them) when they began learning about narc abuse and personality disorders several years ago now, trying to prove I came from a cult. We learned all of them were predatorial and was discarded by most once I got a clue and let go or kicked the rest all out of my life. It's a long ordeal to figure this out about one person, much less everyone you know. In the end I had one human left, better than the ones who harmed me but just as bad as them in many ways. So no, I have not escaped all of them and can't. It's good and bad news, as yes, most of the toxic people are not here now, but their influence is still felt and it left me isolated in danger and with no way to survive. Thank you for reading.
It was powerfully written. I know from experience the ongoing damage that trauma can do. May this be a place of safety and comfort for you.

Catch_22

People say how the system is broken and they want change. But when I say I know how it's broken and why, and how it can be changed, I have a story that people should know.. I'm shutdown and ignored. It's been widespread with only people with no power randomly listening. The victims of the system are being ignored in a society claiming this is the major issue bothering them.
I want to die.

A_J_R

People say how the system is broken and they want change. But when I say I know how it's broken and why, and how it can be changed, I have a story that people should know.. I'm shutdown and ignored. It's been widespread with only people with no power randomly listening. The victims of the system are being ignored in a society claiming this is the major issue bothering them.
I want to die.
While I can't know what you are going through, as an outsider I can agree wholeheartedly on how the marginalized often know best on how to enact change, but as you are marginalized, the power to do so is lost.

I'm a big fan of social media and use it a lot for socializing, but I also use it to monitor different political thoughts, ideologies, opinions, etc. I'm sort of a lurker but I pick up a lot of stuff. What I see are a lot of people claiming to "speak up" for the little guy, but without actually ever asking the little guy if what they are suggesting is best.

For example, I saw a young women online... she seemed like a lovely person. Idealistic, and hopeful. But she made this horrendous statement about how she HAS to be the one to advocate for the poor because the poor are too busy to be political.

She got raked.

Being poor actually MAKES you political. So, anyway, it's those kinds of assumptions made by people that I think does more damage than create good, even if people mean well.

So, that was longwinded. Just wanted to say that we, as a society, have a long way to go before we fully give the proper power to the people who can actually enact change, as opposed to spouting off about it online. And I'm sorry.

dandelion s

RAW, well done
SF Supporter
I want to die.
can i do anything to help things change? idk. but i always imagine that i can. i think others can too. i believe that ultimately to make change it involves ignoring those who ignore the people who know the solutions. talk can lead to positive action. its always worth a shot.

Catch_22

can i do anything to help things change? idk. but i always imagine that i can. i think others can too. i believe that ultimately to make change it involves ignoring those who ignore the people who know the solutions. talk can lead to positive action. its always worth a shot.
I love this. Yes it's the people saying to ignore victims and oppressed people that should be ignored..well put. I believe everyone has power to make ripples of change, even the powerless. I think so much of society has bought into the narcisstic narrative of their being no possibilities..things being to overwhelming, the world won't change, blah blah or that they think change is already underway and going well enough..when it isn't. It's so lazy. It's so empty. I thought life was worth more than this. I believe humans have more to give than they ever feel like challenging themselves to give. And it seems only tragedy and bloodshed spur most people to advocate for change or embody it. People like me know waiting for bloodshed is hopeless and wreckless and stupid. Especially when people exist who can smell the bloodshed coming and have ways to thwart it. I'm rambling in response. 😓

Catch_22

I think even asking this shows you do contribute to change..even being on my thread asking me or talking to me about this, shows that on some level. Thanks for your thoughts.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00