Jim’s Cafe 25/7/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

key726

So, today is my birthday. And in the spirit of birthdays, I want to know what toy, or other present, you remember wanting more than anything in the world and if you received it or not? And/or, what was the best present you ever got? For me, both answers have to be my DS. I felt so special when I got it.

Some miscellaneous questions, if you don’t like birthdays:
favourite joke that has, for whatever reason, stuck with you? Mine is that bit about making mints from scraping dried toothpaste off a sink and selling them in public bathrooms in fancy restaurants. I don’t know why, I think I found the idea weirdly clever.
Myth/fairytale/lore that you find most intriguing/creepy/charming? I like the bean-nighe, a banshee who washes the clothes of someone who is about to die, because I find that oddly poignant. The thing about her breasts is... um, interesting too, I suppose.

@1964dodge 64dodge @Innocent Forever @may71 @Auri @Petal @Were all together @Jayjay289
@sinking_ship @rubytigrcat @kdm @Witty_Sarcasm @SillyOldBear @Blue Star @Walker @Angie
@sherylblondie @OverlyAnxious @Kira @Sunspots @Fleurise @VioletDawn @Cynic Goat

So, today is my birthday
Happy birthday!

favourite joke that has, for whatever reason, stuck with you?
I don't know if it's my favorite joke, but it's one that I heard recently.

A german shepard, a golden retriever, and a cat all go to heaven to see god.

While god is sitting on his throne, he says to the german shepard
"What do you believe in?"

The german shepard said "I believe in protecting and obeying my master"

God said, "Good. Sit at my right side."

God then also asked the golden retriever "What do you believe in?" The golden retriever said, "I believe in loving and caring for my master."

God said, "Good. Sit at my left side."

God then asked the cat, "What do you believe in?"

The cat said, "I believe you're sitting in my seat."

Innocent Forever

🐒🥜🍌
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Happy birthday 🎉🎉🎉
May you have many more and may this one bring peace and sunshine your way
I'm trying to decide what to give my students for the end of the year. Today is the last lesson with most of them.
I found hi beary!!
View attachment 25231

Today is meant to be hot and it looks stunning outside. The blue sky makes me smile even as the heat can make me light headed
View attachment 25232

Come join @AFlower @MelancholyRaven @Citizen Insane @Angel368 @Angie @Tim. @bobbob @prettyvacant @Zonkers @kat319

Cagla

romantic bastard
Hey @key726 happy birthday :) *dance1*bdaywish you a peaceful happy rest of your life !!!!!!
And hmm best present hmnmm.. well my birthday has been celebrated actually only by my parents. I never had many friends and the ones I got were hmmm....they didn't know me I guess. And parents too. So I never got the best present :)

I don't know much jokes ;(
And I like the story of Odysseus ... trying to find his lost home...

Sunspots

To Wish Impossible Things
Admin
SF Supporter
Happy Birthday @key726 *stars
I hope you have a wonderful day *hug

When I was about 8 or 9 I really really really wanted a chopper bike. My brother had one but I wasn't allowed to touch it, let alone ride it. I never got that chopper bike, it was deemed not ladylike enough :(
My daughter got one though and absolutely loved it :)

Angie

Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Good morning SF

bit grumpy, its 4am and I just had an altercation with the mouthwash drinking alcoholic outside

@sinking_ship I've bought myself quite a few of those childhood wants, like the BIG box of crayons you know the one with the sharpener in the back? That was such fun.

Always wanted a pony, never got one, it became a running joke with my family over the years.

I have therapy this afternoon. Thinking I may hit the food pantry this morning, not sure.

dandelion s

RAW, well done
SF Supporter
Hello Hello Key, I don't think we've met so first belated welcome to SF! Happy to meet you and nice Cafe opening 😀😊😄
So, today is my birthday.
Now... of course 😊 Happy Birthday!!!🎉🎊🎆🎁🎂. Hoping it's fantastic!
and for your questions,
in the spirit of birthdays, I want to know what toy, or other present, you remember wanting more than anything in the world and if you received it or not? And/or, what was the best present you ever got?
the key word here is remember and I can't say I remember ever wanting anything specific. I just remember that it needed to be good! Sometimes it was and sometimes it wasn't. Then I had to go figure out how to make the rest of the day a good one! I still have some presents from many many years ago. (Not only birthday) when I lost my first tooth. A gift/bribe from Grandpa to study harder at the violin. And a couple other useful well built things that I love and stuck around without breaking. but my favorite gift I keep mentioning here every few months and that was a wheel of Stilton Blue Cheese. Yum! So that's about it for birthday etc gifts! (As far as I can remember)

Lumos

So, today is my birthday. And in the spirit of birthdays, I want to know what toy, or other present, you remember wanting more than anything in the world and if you received it or not? And/or, what was the best present you ever got? For me, both answers have to be my DS. I felt so special when I got it.

Some miscellaneous questions, if you don’t like birthdays:
favourite joke that has, for whatever reason, stuck with you? Mine is that bit about making mints from scraping dried toothpaste off a sink and selling them in public bathrooms in fancy restaurants. I don’t know why, I think I found the idea weirdly clever.
Myth/fairytale/lore that you find most intriguing/creepy/charming? I like the bean-nighe, a banshee who washes the clothes of someone who is about to die, because I find that oddly poignant. The thing about her breasts is... um, interesting too, I suppose.

@1964dodge 64dodge @Innocent Forever @may71 @Auri @Petal @Were all together @Jayjay289
@sinking_ship @rubytigrcat @kdm @Witty_Sarcasm @SillyOldBear @Blue Star @Walker @Angie
@sherylblondie @OverlyAnxious @Kira @Sunspots @Fleurise @VioletDawn @Cynic Goat
Happy Birthday!!!!

I think my favourite present was my mountain bike I got about aged 7. Loved it :)

Wanted more than anything in the world? Um, I remember wanting an Atari Lynx then later a gameboy color and never got either! I've got a gameboy color now though! And a 2DS :D

My mind has gone blank on fairytales but I like Harry Potter stories :)

@Innocent Forever thank you for tagging me*hug

@key726 Happy birthday!! *bday
I hope you had a great day and will have a wonderful year*stars

I think my two favorite birthday presents are a bracelet with meaningful charms my grandma and my mom gave me at 15. And a snowflake pendant and a necklace my mom and my grandma got me for my 16 birthday. My grandma passed away and so these presents has more meaning now...

I found out (rereading stories to my brother and such) that most of the stories meant for kids are quite scary *hiding I couldn’t read the whole thing as it is because i thought its too scary for a child to hear *hiding

The day here almost ended, so I hope everyone had a wonderful day/ having or will have a great one! *stars
Here are some pics from today’s sunset! 7B198FB9-FAD2-4D3F-9BAD-48BDAC27A70D.jpeg 758DC2BB-947F-4BA0-95F5-0A4080C3CBF5.jpeg

Nick

☆☆Admin-tastic ☆☆
Safety & Support
SF Social Media
SF Artist
SF Supporter
Happy Birthday @key726

I've hated my birthday for a lot of years. I never had a particular gift I wanted or wished for, it seems pointless to hope for things. This year was different though. This year I had some pretty important people put a lot of effort into making it a good day for me. My favorite present? It might sound corny, but the time we spent that day was my favorite present.

Baywasp

I know the world turns and it will turn on me
SF Supporter
Happy birthday @key726 !
When I was a kid and the movie Lilo and Stitch had come out, I really wanted a stuffed animal of Stitch like I had seen at the Disney Store at the local mall. I know I ended up getting it, but I don't remember whether it was for my birthday or for Christmas. I think birthday though.
It was kinda like this. I'm not sure if that's the exact one or not:
1564096802375.png
I was so excited to get him. I used to sleep with him in my bed every night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00