Jim’s Monday Cafe 31 August 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inya

babaya gayolera
Hey guys, I hope you don’t mind me opening The Cafe today. *hiya It’s night here, or almost morning for some, and I’m trying to sleep without much success obviously.
Google photos says it’s four years since I met my significant other. So I’m thinking…about love…the romantic one.

What do you think about it? Does love conquer all? Can true love overcome all obstacles? In real life of just in cheesy romantic stories?

But first let me prepare you some breakfast. We have unlimited amount of delicious jamón, potato tortilla, churros with hot chocolate, coffee and fresh orange juice.

jamon.jpg

jamon2.jpg

desayuno.jpg

Now let’s talk about obstacles and differences. Those things that don’t matter at all in friendship or casual relationship, but they might if you "accidentally" fall in love.
What were/are/would you be willing to sacrifice, compromise or give up for the love of your life?
Here are some questions for you.

You meet this person that makes you feel like no one ever has before.

1. All odds are against you. Do you try to find a solution, no matter how impossible it seems, or you give up?

2. Does it bother you if this special person is of different race/ethnicity and culture?

3. What about different religion, ideology and political beliefs?

4. Different socioeconomic class?

5. Big age difference?

6. Would you move to a foreign country for them?

7. Your entire family and friends are against the relationship. You can’t change their mind, you have to choose between them and the person you love. What would you do? Who do you choose?

Everyone is invited, stop by even if you don’t feel like answering, just to say hi. Or you can tell us what a bullshit romantic love is. Whatever comes to your mind.
I’ll answer my questions later after I hopefully sleep a few hours. I’ll be back for a happy hour.:)

Help me tag please

Witty_Sarcasm

🦄🦜🧁🌈🌝💖
SF Supporter
1. All odds are against you. Do you try to find a solution, no matter how impossible it seems, or you give up?
I would do as much as I could. I wouldn't want to just give up on something that important to me.

2. Does it bother you if this special person is of different race/ethnicity and culture?
No, it wouldn't bother me at all.

That might be a bit trickier, but as long as they don't try to convert me, then it would be fine.

No, as long as they don't look down on me for being poor.

5. Big age difference?
Depends on how big of a difference. It might be hard if you're in different stages of life.

Yes, I would definitely think about it.

7. Your entire family and friends are against the relationship. You can’t change their mind, you have to choose between them and the person you love. What would you do? Who do you choose?
If they are against them for no good reason, then I would choose the person I was with. But if that person was treating me badly, I'd choose my family.

ShyGuy

I like romance, it's so cute and sweet.

but then it ends one-sided where the person doesn't like me anymore cuz I got too clingy or something and I can't stop thinking about how much I miss all of my old friends including them..

I try to find a solution.

No.

Maybe slightly but nah its ok.

idk what that means, but its ok I think.

5. Big age difference?
I don't know anymore, love is all that matters, as long as it's not illegal or offensively creepy.

Yup, especially if its a country that also knows English (or Japanese.) I'm not sure though if its a country where people speak a language I don't understand.

I don't know but I think I'd probably choose the relationship.

Nick

☆☆Admin-tastic ☆☆
Safety & Support
SF Social Media
SF Artist
SF Supporter
Hi @Inya
So I can answer most of those questions in one swoop. I don't have much in the way of deal breakers when it comes to relationships. There are a few things on the list, but none of the questions you asked make the list. Work through and deal with differences and obstacles.

My biological family doesn't like anything I do, so I could give a flying fuck if they approve of who is in my life. As for my friends, the people who truly care about me aren't going use that as leverage to break up a relationship. If they think someone is hurting me, they are most certainly going to say so. It's not going to be a matter of choosing. If the person I'm with is asking me to choose them or the people I care about, they can hit the road because I don't need that kind of controlling ass wipe in my life.

KM76710

Kangaroo Manager
SF Pro
SF Supporter
Actually some quite good questions. Doesn't as much apply to me sad to say. I have never once told someone I am in love with you or ever heard a person tell me the same. I have known some that we got along well, common interest, sexual interest, but real love...never once in my life. The concept is completely foreign to me, I lack the human emotional connection with others.

Road to Nowhere

💫💫💫💫💫
SF Supporter
You meet this person that makes you feel like no one ever has before.

If it's true love you will always find a way.

Does not matter

Not a issue as long as there is respect for each others beliefs.

No

5. Big age difference?

Depends on how much of a difference.

Possibly

If the other person your with makes you happy and they refuse to see that. Fuck 'em do whats best for you.

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
thank you @Inya for opening the cafe and inviting me.

my wife and i have been married 42 years this september and we have been through hell and heaven together. so now to the questions.

1. all odds against us : it has happened more than once and we find solutions together.

2. different race, ethnicity, culture : no problem and there is a funny story to that. my wife has a lot of american indian in her and has a slight red tint to her face. everyone noticed it but me. we were married for years before i knew she was mostly indian, we had a good laugh lol.

3. religion, ideology : we were different religions when we met and both turned to a christian bible speaking religion

4. socioeconomic : we were both poor so it didn't matter. but i think if one person has a lot of money there should be a pre nup to prevent gold diggers

5. age difference. i think it's ok but if the age is too much they should consider the future. like if you have a 20 yo girl harry a 60 yo man in 20 years she is 40 in her prime and he is 80

6. move to another country : no that would be a deal breaker

7. family against : actually her family was against our getting married. i treated her parents with kindness and respct. he in turn punched me in the face. of course i didn't hit him back out of respect. well i told her to lets go home (we lived together first) and he said you have to choose him or your family, when she started getting in the car he told her she could never come back home. they never even came to the wedding. also every relative on her side said the marriage won't last 6 months lol....mike

dandelion s

RAW, well done
SF Supporter
hey thanks Inya, but right now i’m thinking that love is
But first let me prepare you some breakfast.
you really have created quite a tasty looking offering, and for me maybe this is the true love - romantic as well as otherwise. that said, i’d best refrain from answering the questions for now.

besides i’m still digesting dinner and still living in sunday. but i will be back and ready for the hard truth and of course breakfast in about 10 or so hours. ❤️❤️❤️👽 see you soon....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00