Jim's Café - 7th June, 2021, Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterBGone

ReaLemon
SF Supporter
Hahahaha this is tooo much. I am over here thinking..okay fav game from child hood...”hide and seek”
Hahahahaahahaha okay...i might have loved outdoor games a tad more then actual digital.
Yes, we played this too... All night long - in some cases! And which, by the way, I am of the age~ (to)^ where; I believe it was perhaps just a bit more common than maybe to-day, to have spend the vast majority of our days--'Outside,' & I'm talking playing: baseball/football/soccer, basketball~ whatever! (; Literally, like practically every waking moment, beyond meal times, and little league games, and etc., etc.! :) I remember how frustrated. And angry we would all get, when our Mom's would call us back in for the evening as it was beginning to darkend toward nightfall-
Contra was my jam and played so much powerpad that we used to close our eyes and see if we could remember the moves (all about counting)
Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, B, A..;) heyHeyHEY_:D
Not, the 'I?'
Aiight aiight. So year is 2010 mom just passed (its cool don’t be sad) anywho, i spent my time processing this by buying a rpg (dragon age)
(she passed 4 days into jan)
I'm very sorry to hear of this. . . : (
I just got laid off 4 months earlier because i needed to be a care provider for my mom and my old job decided to fire me (long story i was manager and was actively doing massage so i could work from home , my boss later took back my vaca days....)
I need to get a live-in, massuese! Walk all over my back, that is totalyy & completely "jacked!" (& out of whack!!) ~it's like fixed, or immobile/ized; or something. Probably just have to pay somebody to walk on it, or jump on it or something. It's only been that way since 2013. So, I'd expect it to magically fix or correct itself, any day now!!! ( ; Maybe I need a jack-hammer? / but Yes - what I meant to say, before being so rudely interrupted, and hideously sidetracked. . . was that I am sorry to hear you have had horrible bosses as well. Yours may even top mine. But that may be 'A Geschmackssache~.'
That's why you've got to be your own boss! I asked my Sister about that one time. And she said what you might expect: that it's, "pretty flippin awesome!"
When we were in side. Which wasn't often, or so it seems (in memory). We would play games on nintendo, or sega (genesis?) was it! Good times. Watch movies, on video tape. I was pretty / really into two genre's then -- comedy & action. So, Stallone (sly!); & Murphy (eddie,). . . hEAh hUAE HAeh ~can't do his laugh, but it sound s like it hurts..;)
Never quite advanced into the Zelda style of games, but all of the smart kids I knew did. That is why, one freaason anyway~!* (I was not one of theos)^ or them/_:D

1. What's your favorite game from your childhood?
I really liked Sonic the Hedgehog as a kid. I have autism that is still apparent at the moment, but it was more apparent when I was young, so I considered Sonic as a personal friend of mine, because I didn't really have any friends back then.
2. What's your favorite game now?
As a hardcore retro gamer, I don't have a favorite, but if I were to pick the game that had the largest impact on me, it would either be EarthBound or Undertale.
3. If you could live in a game for a week, what game would it be?
See my picks in the answer above. Living in EarthBound would be cool because I would get to team up with cool friends to save the world from evil space demons, but Undertale would be fun too because I could make friends with all sorts of strange monsters.
4. Multiplayer games or solo games?
I don't care for multiplayer games, unless they're local (like two controllers connected to the same system.) With this factor in effect, I like both equally. I'd sit down to play some fun RPGs on a lonely night, or I'd invite a friend over to play some Street Fighter or Smash Bros.

Dante

Git
SF Pro
SF Supporter
Thanks @GodIsWithMe for the Cafe.

Crash Bandicoot on Playstation 1

Doom Eternal / Portal 2

Skyrim. Great scenery, and I can learn magic and become supremely powerful and return to reality as a super hero.

I like Solo or Multiplayer with good community. Too many Multiplayers have shockingly toxic communities.

dandelion s

RAW, well done
SF Supporter
Aiight aiight. So year is 2010 mom just passed (its cool don’t be sad) anywho, i spent my time processing this by buying a rpg (dragon age)
(she passed 4 days into jan)
okay enter gameplay.
I just got laid off 4 months earlier because i needed to be a care provider for my mom and my old job decided to fire me (long story i was manager and was actively doing massage so i could work from home , my boss later took back my vaca days....) anywhoo back to dragon age.... so 13 days into the game (yo i love me my side missions) okay one of the scenes dragon boss (electric one )this was one of the last like imma bout to beat this shit...i am 14 minutes in to the (boss level beating the game) okay here is what my guy at the time said . He walks into the room and yells “wtf is going on’ i ignore him then say “why you bein all loud” ....there is a reason to that loudness...apparently while i was so into beating then”boss” an alarm was going off. We lived in apartments behind an alley. On the other side was 2 bars and a shopping plaza grocery store and so on. There was a firegoing on at subway (about 10 feet from the apartment. I was in such a state of just putting everything into the game and escaping reality i did not hear the 2 fire trucks the loud alarm sound and lights going off. Long story short.... IF any one needs escape guarantee dragon age will so sho make reality past lol. Haha true story
that went by me kind of fast. are you saying your life was in danger and all you did was to play dragon age? i had a theory that blocking reality out could actually make reality not real. this throws a whole wrench into that belief system. but you are ok, right? (your were ok then?) did you have to run away or anything? home is ok etc???

RCee

that went by me kind of fast. are you saying your life was in danger and all you did was to play dragon age? i had a theory that blocking reality out could actually make reality not real. this throws a whole wrench into that belief system. but you are ok, right? (your were ok then?) did you have to run away or anything? home is ok etc???
Yeah, the alarms were going off and all the buildings including mine were being evacuated and i was tottaly oblivious. I had my windows open and everything. Wasn’t until my current partner at the time came home and started yellin at me did i even realize. I was in my own dissociated world day dreaming land

RCee

The building across the alley was burned to the ground aka bricks some of our trees got burned but the apartment stood

dandelion s

RAW, well done
SF Supporter
The building across the alley was burned to the ground aka bricks some of our trees got burned but the apartment stood
there's irony in this. wasn't it kinda like you were fighting fire with fire - it being a dragon with whom you were engaged - you know - the fire breathing thing... I hope everyone else was OK

KM76710

Kangaroo Manager
SF Pro
SF Supporter

42 or Moon. 42 is my favorite but you have to play in pairs with a partner. Moon you can play without pairing up. Five card stud for cards.

The same games as above. But I admit to never playing video games. The above are two domino games and poker.

Can't really think of any.

Definitely solo, playing with myself is always fun. LOL :)

RCee

there's irony in this. wasn't it kinda like you were fighting fire with fire - it being a dragon with whom you were engaged - you know - the fire breathing thing... I hope everyone else was OK
‘Fighting fire with fire” is exactly the course of my life. Always knowing the path, yet still trudging along for a different outcome...along the ways some lessons learned, yet not the one that is needed for the next journey

Blue Star

Hello, guys! How are you doing?

I hope you're doing alright.

Today's theme is games!

Feel free to add more questions.

Welcome to the café!
My favorite game from childhood was hide and seek. I hated that "breaking pencil" game ugh lol. Ah, I enjoyed typing numbers on an old calculator to spell out words like "HELLO" and "BOSS". I enjoyed typing out "BOOBS" not gonna lie LOL.

1623112394011.png

Baywasp

I know the world turns and it will turn on me
SF Supporter
Thanks for the tag @GodIsWithMe

I always liked more creative and open games the most. Like I would just make up characters and stories and kind of act them out with my sister or other friends. In terms of computer games, I liked stuff like RollerCoaster Tycoon, Zoo Tycoon and The Sims 2.
I enjoy sports, even though I'm bad at them. I'm mostly not huge into games anymore though. Though Duolingo is considered gamified learning, and I have fun practicing my French on there.
I'm really not sure of this one.
I prefer team sports but solo games.

I really liked Sonic the Hedgehog as a kid.
I love the characters from Sonic. They're pretty fun. Tails is my favorite. A few years ago, I tried to play Sonic Adventure I think it was, because I'd heard that was a pretty good Sonic game, but I didn't grow up playing many video games, so I'm pretty bad at it, and I just gave up after a while
That game is really interesting to me. I used to find it pretty annoying because everybody on Tumblr was talking about it and wouldn't shut up about it, but once the hype died down a tiny bit, I looked into it more. I watched a few playthroughs on Youtube and loved the story and characters. I bought it on Steam, but my efforts to play it were only marginally more successful than my attempts at Sonic Adventure. IIRC I gave up around the time of meeting Papyrus.

JMG

~ Peace and love to all ~
Ty for the tag @GodIsWithMe & soo sorry for not replying in here before now, don't think I got the tag (wasn't in notifications I mean) but ty for opening this cafe, I'm glad I thought to come & check to see if any new ones had been posted in the last few days, happy to see there was! :) Here's my answers then & hope everyone here is well and that you have a nice day :) *hug*hug

Kinda went through phases but I def. loved various Nintendo games a lot like Tetris, Mario Bros 1 & 2, Trog and Marble Madness. We only ever had Nintendo, never had super nintendo, sega, playstation or xbox lol. We had lots of games for the nintendo though at least.

I play various games on facebook, some of my faves are connect 4, sudoku, Candy crush, Tetris (yup, still love it after all these years, never stopped loving it) and a connect the dots game. They are all lots of fun.

I never play them but probably a cool fantasy RPG of some kind where I got to be a beautiful princess, live in a castle and have lots of power and whatever I wanted lol it'd be so perfect :)

Solo.

johnDoen

Outsider in the Realm of Lost and Found
Hello, guys! How are you doing?

I hope you're doing alright.

Today's theme is games!

Welcome to the café!
I wasn't really fine at the moment, just suicidal thoughts clouding in my head.

What's your favorite game from your childhood? - Yugi-Oh and Pokemon (Red and Blue)
What's your favorite game now? - Minecraft and Genshin Impact
If you could live in a game for a week, what game would it be? - Genshin Impact
Multiplayer games or solo games?
- I mostly play solo, since my point of playing video games is to live the life of someone else, anyone but me.

FFurry

SF Supporter
Thanks @GodIsWithMe . That's an interesting topic to me personally, given how I used to love gaming, but lost interest (blame it on the most likely culprit that we suffer around here).

R-Type in the arcade and Castlevania at home (on the original NES). Both of these gave rise to entire dynasties of games, animes, and other media (still going strong today), but I played mainly just the debuts of both (and a little bit of the first sequels).

None. I don't really play anything anymore.

Super Mario Bros. (another favorite of mine on the original NES).

Don't really care... they were all solo and offline when I played (this was "before" the Internet), and now I don't play anymore.

Just one... I was wondering whether anyone else here has had a similar experience; i.e., being fanatic about gaming at one point, but completely losing interest later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00