Jim's Café - Friday 2nd September

Discussion in 'Jim's Cafe' started by Rockclimbinggirl, Sep 2, 2016.

1. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

Morning all.

Yikes I started writing August. :mad: Oops

It is Friday!!! :)

What are people doing for the weekend. It is a long weekend here. :D

Brian777 likes this.
  2. Freya

Freya Loves SF Staff Member ADMIN

I am SO done with today. Work is making me feel horrible and I feel anxious and icky. I want to go home but that is not possible for another two hours and forty minutes. Not a happy chappy today at all.

Weekend will be spent sleeping - no long weekend here. Sleeping and cleaning the house.

Hope everyone else's day is going better than mine!

Brian777 likes this.
  3. Brittless

Brittless Well-Known Member

Good morning, evening, afternoon or whatever it is in your part of the world.
    I've had a painful few weeks, physically. But the emotional is sort of catching up.
    Now I'm sort of numb.

The weekend will bring work and then homework. Fun. Stuff.

Tc
    -Brittany

Brian777 likes this.
  4. baywasp

baywasp The crappiest rugger

My bus came early this morning and I missed it. So no counseling appointment :( At least I didn't have any classes. I went downtown anyway and went to the Salvation Army store to buy some shoes since mine are in bad shape. I found some pretty cool ones that are only a half size too big. They fit well when I pull the laces tight. They're women's shoes, but I have such small feet that I often end up with women's shoes anyway. The counselor was kind enough to reschedule me for Monday, despite the holiday.

I've been trying really hard to keep a positive attitude all day and let it shine through when I interact with others even though things don't seem too great. I guess today's been good. I found a nice cafe that I would have just passed by if I hadn't seen great reviews on Yelp. Had a fig prosciutto grilled cheese and watermelon gazpacho. I definitely want to come back some time. Going to go back to the motel soon and maybe see if I can find a book to read that's available online from my school library's website. Not sure.

Brian777 likes this.
  5. cymbele

cymbele SF Supporter

I was supposed to give my two weeks notice today. But when I finally got my gumption up (I really don't want to leave) the boss had already left for the weekend. So now I agonize about my decision all weekend long. But it's a good position to be in for a change. I learned though although you spend most of your waking hours at work it can be a small part of the important things in your life. I'm not saying that well I was just reflecting that jobs come and jobs go and family and friends stay constant. Well, most friends anyway.

Brian777 likes this.
  6. Inanimate

Inanimate Well-Known Member

Came back from my job tour and interview a few hours ago. I didn't exactly have an interview, but I was referred to another location closer to home. I just called their number and was (supposedly) scheduled for an appointment on Tuesday. I'll be going through the same routine, but I know what to expect. I probably seemed overdressed for my appointment today, but I really wasn't; I actually dressed better than the interviewer, while everyone else dressed very casually. Pretty lame, but that's none of my business.
    [​IMG]

I'm feeling restless, all things considered. Actually, I'm feeling suicidal as well. I was excited about having a job at first, but lately I've already begun to feel that this is doing nothing for me -- that this job and its benefits will do virtually nothing to appease my loneliness. Not that I'm giving up on job searching and this job in particular, but the passion isn't there anymore. My self-motivation is present but baseless. I just want to badly hurt myself. And I'm done.

Brian777 likes this.
  7. Brian777

Brian777 Safety and Support Forum Pro SF Supporter

Hey everyone, hope you all feel better than normal. It's a beautiful fall(autumn for you UK types) like day, sunny and a cool 73degrees( that's cool here) Heres a shot of some sun beams by the river near me.
    Take care everyone
    Feel better Lu, you'll be finished work soon
    Brian

Attached Files:

Witty_Sarcasm likes this.
  8. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I am feeling very hurt, but I am trying to get over that. It sucks when a friend you think you can trust treats you like you are lower than dirt :( Anyway, I am dyeing my hair right now, auburn brown. I think it will turn out nicely.

Brian777 likes this.