Jim's Café ~ Sunday, March 21st 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Auri

🎸🎶Metal Star🎵🥁
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Hello everyone, hello Spring! *grouphug2*stars What have you been up to this Sunday? I hope the Sun is shining where you are, literally and metaphorically. This is going to be a short one because I am not particularly inspired today, but feel free to share some nice pictures of Spring, forests, or anything you find beautiful, inspiring, peaceful... Above all, have a GOOD DAY, treat yourself, practice some self-care, tell the people you care about that you do. :)

1. World Poetry Day : Do you write poetry? Have any poems to share? If not, what's your favourite poem?
  2. Slytherin Pride Day : What is/are your best Slytherin trait(s)? Ambition, determination, leadership, resourcefulness, survival skills, cleverness, disregard for rules, confidence, loyalty, passion...? ;)
  3. International Fragrance Day : What's your favourite perfume/cologne? scent?
  4. Common Courtesy Day : This is your opportunity to start being the change in the world you want to see. :)
And because it's International Day of Forests and I happen to love forests...

Happy Spring!

a time of rebirth of the world around you. I hope we can all experience this rebirth & feel a renewed sense of hope.

1. poetry- i am not a poet. I can usually understand most nursery rhymes though.
During this pandemic, might i suggest rereading “Ring Around the Rosie”.

2. Slytherin Pride.- ill share a happy story. One of the book releases was during my sons summer camp. He loved the Harry Potter series. He has a treasured memory of me bringing it to him at camp. Reading the whole book, then sharing the book with others to read too. 💓💕💓

3. Fragrance- most scents give me headaches. i like a eucalyptus & spearmint hand soap a lot.

4. courtesy day. A big thank you to @Auri for starting us today.

sinking_ship

woman overboard
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hi all. Thanks for the tag @Auri. I'm glad to see you in a better mood. You should move somewhere with more sunlight year round :)

Happy spring! Spring is my favorite season, though here the seasons all kind of mush together. One of my neighbors has so many flowers blooming right now that their garden smells amazing.

For the topics...
1. I rarely write poetry. I think I've posted one or two on here, and that's probably a big portion of what I've even written. I don't really read a lot of it either, so nothing jumps out as a favorite.

2. Haha, I'm not much of a slytherin. I guess I'm rather ambitious compared to the general population.

3. I don't do perfume. My favorite scents are rain, freshly mowed grass, and honeysuckle.

4. Well honestly I'm probably quite curteous in general. Maybe I'll be nice to my husband and actually clean the floors today like I said I was going to *shy

Harrow

Do you write poetry? Have any poems to share? If not, what's your favourite poem?

Sometimes I write a little bit, but nothing good and worth sharing here 😊

My favorite poem though is Ozymandias, and here I copied it in full for you to enjoy.

I met a traveller from an antique land,
Who said—“Two vast and trunkless legs of stone
Stand in the desert. . . . Near them, on the sand,
Half sunk a shattered visage lies, whose frown,
And wrinkled lip, and sneer of cold command,
Tell that its sculptor well those passions read
Which yet survive, stamped on these lifeless things,
The hand that mocked them, and the heart that fed;
And on the pedestal, these words appear:
My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings;
Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away.”

The imagery really gets to me.

What is/are your best Slytherin trait(s)? Ambition, determination, leadership, resourcefulness, survival skills, cleverness, disregard for rules, confidence, loyalty, passion...? ;)

Slytherin..... Uh I'm clearly a Hufflepuff.

But I do relate very well with regards to rule breaking, and loyalty.

What's your favourite perfume/cologne? scent?

I don't have a strong sense of smell, my nose is broken.

This is your opportunity to start being the change in the world you want to see.

Alwasy remember one small act of kindness could change the course of someone's live more then you could ever know.

Newlands Forest

images - 2021-03-21T203728.203.jpeg images - 2021-03-21T203718.050.jpeg images - 2021-03-21T203703.977.jpeg

Ash600

Of dust and shadows
SF Creative
SF Supporter
World Poetry Day : Do you write poetry? Have any poems to share? If not, what's your favourite poem?
Sometimes I do, few are dotted around in the Members section of this place. Rather not inflict what I've written upon the readers here. Instead, have this one by Kipling :

IF

IF you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too;
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about, don't deal in lies,
Or being hated, don't give way to hating,
And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise:

If you can dream - and not make dreams your master;
If you can think - and not make thoughts your aim;
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same;
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools:

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings
And never breathe a word about your loss;
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone,
And so hold on when there is nothing in you
Except the Will which says to them: 'Hold on!'

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
' Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch,
if neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,
If all men count with you, but none too much;
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds' worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Slytherin Pride Day : What is/are your best Slytherin trait(s)? Ambition, determination, leadership, resourcefulness, survival skills, cleverness, disregard for rules,
Does "calculating" as a trait count?

International Fragrance Day : What's your favourite perfume/cologne? scent?
Cerruti Image. Light scented number with topnotes of citrus.

Common Courtesy Day : This is your opportunity to start being the change in the world you want to see.
Showing consideration and tolerance towards others.

And because it's International Day of Forests

1616356313658.jpeg

1616356339412.jpeg

1616356367927.jpeg

Dinolaur

Human by day, Dino by night
Staff Alumni
Thanks for the tag @Auri
Beautiful photos you’ve put up there *stars

I won’t be participating in the questions this time around but I’ll share some photos :)

The photo of the white plant is my Valentine’s Day plant that’s still going strong! And daffodils that Violet picked for me from school for Mother’s Day *stars F829BEAC-3825-4E28-B8C6-D50591A11BCF.jpeg 829710D2-FE7C-423F-A81C-C23F4E9BCAC2.jpeg 21F4A0C3-40CD-4C8D-BAE2-18F49F9E8D84.jpeg 768D6154-5A6F-438D-B818-A69CA3A91EB9.jpeg

Attachments

StrangeRanger

Just Another Heathen
Hey hey all, Happy 1st day of Spring! I've been looking forward to this 🌼🌈 Thank you for inviting me @Auri, I hope you've had a delightful day! My Sunday has consisted of primarily deep cleaning, but it has been very worth it 🥂

World Poetry Day : Do you write poetry? Have any poems to share? If not, what's your favourite poem?

I do have quite a few poems, love writing them but haven't shared in awhile... my poems are a bit too long usually.. I'm actually desperately trying to get rid of the writers block I've had recently.

Slytherin Pride Day : What is/are your best Slytherin trait(s)? Ambition, determination, leadership, resourcefulness, survival skills, cleverness, disregard for rules, confidence, loyalty, passion...? ;)

Ooo this one is tough, I'mmore of a Ravenclaw! I can be pretty resourceful when neccessary I suppose!

International Fragrance Day : What's your favourite perfume/cologne? scent?

I am fond of more of the flowery/essential oil scents, my favorite perfume I had was Japanese Cherry Blossom I believe.

Common Courtesy Day : This is your opportunity to start being the change in the world you want to see. :)

Very very true! I hope everyone find some positive change & difference here sooner rather than later! Hope you all stay excellent ☀️🌞☀️🌞

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00