Jim's Cafe - 12th June 2016

Discussion in 'Jim's Cafe' started by Freya, Jun 12, 2016.

1. Freya

Freya Loves SF Staff Member ADMIN

Welcome all to the return of the daily cafe :)

I hope everyone is having a very lovely Sunday and the weather is holding up. I haven't even had my first cup of tea of the day yet (gasp) so I thought I would pop in here for a brew and maybe a slice of lemon cake.

How is everyone doing today? What is on the agenda? :)
    DrownedFishOnFire and Brian777 like this.
  2. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

Nice to see the cafe open again daily :)

Taking today to work on gardens and take easy on knee so it can finish healing from surgery sooner rather than later. Hope all others in SF land are doing okay today !
    DrownedFishOnFire and Brian777 like this.
  3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hope your knee heals strong again NYJmpMaster cooler today not so hot so good for getting outside a bit. Hope all are enjoying their weekend.
    Brian777 likes this.
  4. Inanimate

Inanimate Well-Known Member

Hello :)

Not doing well. I'll just post a link to one of my earlier posts from today to clarify:

On top of this, I've heard some shitty news. I doubt that it's appropriate to clarify, so I'll just say that I'm extremely disappointed to say the least.

Today I might see my PCP for my toe pain, and I'll almost certainly work out at the gym. The over-the-counter medication I'm taking for my pain is apparently working, so at least I won't have to pay for prescription painkillers.
    Brian777 likes this.
  5. Freya

Hope you're having a good day @total eclipse

@Inanimate sorry to hear about your pain - I am glad that the painkillers are working. I hope that your day gets better - sorry about the shitty news [​IMG]
    Brian777 and Inanimate like this.
  6. baywasp

baywasp The crappiest rugger

I'm going for brunch at my favorite vegan place that used to be a food truck; last minute surgery preparations-- buying some stuff, doing laundry, picking up prescriptions; getting some pizza from a vegan pop-up; and watching the Sharks hopefully beat the Penguins. So much vegan food and I'm not even vegan or vegetarian.

My surgery is tomorrow, and I'm kinda scared.
    Brian777 likes this.
  7. baywasp

So I screwed up and didn't plan for some of my prescriptions needing doctor's authorization. They won't be ready before I go into surgery, and those are the ones that are running out faster so I'll maybe have to see if someone can pick it up for me? I don't even know if that's something that can happen.
    Brian777 likes this.
  8. Brian777

Brian777 Safety and Support Forum Pro SF Supporter

Hello everyone, nice to see this open and active. Hope everyone has a splendid day :)
  9. Butterfly

Butterfly Resident SF Sims Enthusiast Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

Good day everyone!!

I am just sat on the sofa chilling out. I've just cooked dinner and it was a triumph if I do say so myself. I am now watching Aladdin on the TV. I think I am going to go and play the sims in a little while. I've got lots going on in my game that I'm excited about! I much prefer sim life to real life :D

I start my new job tomorrow. I am very excited but also very nervous. Wish me luck!!! :D

Hope everyone else is having a good day!
    Brian777 likes this.
  10. Brian777

Good Luck Lexi :) I'm sure you'll do well.
  11. Freya

@baywasp what kind of surgery are you having? Usually it is possible to have someone pick up a prescription for you but if you are worried call the pharmacy and see what the procedure is.
  12. Brian777

Just got back from a different Park with Bella. Had to get out of town due to the "LaSalle Strawberry Festival" lol....it's a small town big deal attended by all the other small towns people round about. I usually disappear during this time, too many people overwhelm me and I hate the carnival( clowns scare the crap outta me too)
    This was a cool Park it's Native American and has protected flora on it.....which Bella pooped on :( beautiful though and right on the river. Very quiet and still with big shade trees, great for canoeing and kayaking (the river that is not the trees) Its also cooled off here, yesterday was mid 90's and humid, had the top down on the jeep and Bella and me had a great time :) Hope everyone is having something nice to do today.
    NYJmpMaster likes this.
  13. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

Sitting in a Cafe and enjoying a cinnamon bun. :p
    Brian777 likes this.
  14. Butterfly

Butterfly Resident SF Sims Enthusiast Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

@Brian777 that sounds so peaceful and beautiful. I need to get out round the peaks more often.

@Rockclimbinggirl mmmmm cinnamon bun. Care to share? Hehe.

I'm all bathed and clean and smelling beautiful. Dried and straightened my hair ready for tomorrow. Just need to gather my stationary then I'm all set for tomorrow. Meds taken, cup of tea made and then it's bed time for me.

Night everyone!!
    Brian777 likes this.
  15. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

@Butterfly Sure, I'm still eating it, so you can have a bite with your tea.
  16. Brian777

Goodnight Lexi, and you'll do great tomorrow :)
    Pinks likes this.
  17. souncide

souncide Well-Known Member

Haven't slept a single hour since 1 PM of yesterday and yet I don't feel sleepy.
    Today I decided to start working on another album just for the fuck of it... and I made 6 songs so far. One of them uses lyrics I wrote a long time ago, but other than that I made everything today. This album is either the greatest or the worst thing to ever come out of a insomnia attack.
    DrownedFishOnFire likes this.
  18. baywasp

It's a surgery to fix a deformity in my chest. I use Walgreens as my pharmacy: I googled it and it seems like they would let someone else pick up my prescriptions but the question is now whether I have someone who is able to do that for me.
  19. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Haven't done much today. Still have a nasty sunburn from the other day. I think I'll just start wearing a hazmat suit when I venture outside, lol. Hope everyone is doing well.
  20. SillyOldBear

SillyOldBear Teddy Bear Fanatic Staff Member Safety & Support

Am angry today. Angry at a world where a gunman can walk into a bar and dance club and gun down 153 people. Fifty dead so far. I will never understand the kind of mind that could do something like this.