• Apologies for the issue with a bizarre redirect on the site earlier today. There was a large server update and an error in an IP address had the traffic routing wrongly. No hacking or anything nefarious and nothing to worry about. Sorry for any stress/anxiety caused. Very best wishes - SF Admin

Jim's Cafe 16th Feb 3021

Status
Not open for further replies.

britishbloke

Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Gwan, I've not opened a Jimmy in a while so... Eh...

full-frame-shot-of-raw-almonds-royalty-free-image-683814187-1537885519.jpg

February 16th is National Almond Day. Whether you are eating them by themselves, using almond milk, pasta, flour, butter, oil or meal, almonds offer a delicious flavor along with many health benefits. Almonds are one of the most heart-healthy foods on the market, packed with vitamin E, magnesium and fiber.16 Feb 2019
So today is a good a day as any to be a bit nuts... I guess...

I guess time for some questions...

1. Do you like almonds?
I'm not serious about this question

So I hope whatever you're doing today, it's a good day, or night, or morning. I hope the sunshine sparkles happiness and radiates through you today, so please grab a chair, or a bean bag, or sit with your legs crossed like a pretzel, whatever you're most comfy with and enjoy this nice spread.

The-French-Kitchen-Lunch-Buffet-1400A-min.jpg eazytrendz_2104_trend20181117061415.jpg Delhi-1-1030x538.jpg

Anyway let's gwan on with some questions *facepalm*stars

1. You've got to pick one, live with an itch on a spot you can't reach that isn't so annoying that you need to scratch it but you can't stop thinking about it or live with the constant feeling of you need to pee but not enough that you need to go?

2. What is the first thing of the day that makes you smile?

3. You've just won the lottery, what's the first thing you would do with the money?

4. Have ever met any of your idols? If so, who and did it change the way you thought about them?

5. Would you prefer to live with ridiculously huge hands, or ridiculously tiny feet?

6. Do you get your 5 fruits and vegetables per day?

That's about it... I think... For now....

I hope y'all have a good day!

Witty⭐️Sarcasm ⭐️

Renegade banshee
SF Supporter
Well yeah, I do like almonds :D And the food spread looks awesome!

1. You've got to pick one, live with an itch on a spot you can't reach that isn't so annoying that you need to scratch it but you can't stop thinking about it or live with the constant feeling of you need to pee but not enough that you need to go? Probably the itch thing, because feeling a constant need to pee would be annoying.

2. What is the first thing of the day that makes you smile? Knowing I have friends in my corner.

3. You've just won the lottery, what's the first thing you would do with the money? Buy a new house with a hot tub and pool.

4. Have ever met any of your idols? If so, who and did it change the way you thought about them? No, but it would be awesome to be able to do that one day.

5. Would you prefer to live with ridiculously huge hands, or ridiculously tiny feet? Tiny feet, mine are already too big. lol

6. Do you get your 5 fruits and vegetables per day? No, but I really need to work on eating healthier.

MisterBGone

SF Supporter
1. You've got to pick one, live with an itch on a spot you can't reach that isn't so annoying that you need to scratch it but you can't stop thinking about it or live with the constant feeling of you need to pee but not enough that you need to go?

3. You've just won the lottery, what's the first thing you would do with the money?

4. Have ever met any of your idols? If so, who and did it change the way you thought about them?

5. Would you prefer to live with ridiculously huge hands, or ridiculously tiny feet?

I do like almonds!
1) I would prefer to live with the itch because when I have to go to the toilet or have the feeling, I can;t sleep.
2) Seeing my friends in school, or waking up earlier than my parents! =)
3) Buy a microphone, new clothes and the rest to my parents and friends.
4) No I haven't but i wish I would!
5) I'll take the hands! (just for snowfights! >=)
6) Sometimes yes and sometimes no
Also I am inlove with the food above

Dinolaur

Human by day, Dino by night
SF Pro
Thanks for the tag Alex! A much needed distraction. Did you know it’s also pancake day? 🥞🥞 *bounce*stars

anyway

A: I think I’d rather live with an itch! Even though having an itch you can’t reach is bloody annoying, atleast you could use a back scratcher!!
A: The first thing of the day that makes me smile is my girls. Well... when they’re behaving of course ;)
A: A house! I’d buy a bloody house! It’s something we are desperate to have with our own garden! Then I’d pay our outstanding bills, and go on holiday (when we can of course)
A: I haven’t actually met anyone famous 🤦‍♀️ However I was once on the same ferry to the Isle of Wight with Russel Brand! He was certainly an obnoxious twat and wouldn’t sign anything for anyone! Let alone have a picture.
A: This is a really weird question. I’d rather live with none lol. But if I had to choose, probably hands.... you don’t have to have things for your hands whereas with feet you need shoes snd socks. Although, atleast you could cover them if embarrassed
A: Oh hell no lol, some days I think I do without realising it, especially when I’m dieting or watching what I eat, but not everyday lol

Lane

SF Supporter
Goood morning @BritishBloke and thank you for the tag. I feel suddenly itchy AND have to pee. That's it calling out of work. 😜

2. If I hit lottery, I rarely cry but on this occasion I know thered be tears of joy! Then honestly, think about where I'd want to travel and with whom.

3.no, but caught Carly Simon's guitar pick at a blues festival.

4. Could make VERY large sculptures.

5. More like cake and candy, joking aside I try to eat healthy but have a sweet tooth

Tagging @Kiwi2016 @MosesY @Livelife @Road to Nowhere @SillyOldBear @cymbele @Nick @Autumn1973 @adamjam Screenshot_20210216-064606__01.jpg Screenshot_20210216-064522__01.jpg Screenshot_20210216-064405__01.jpg Screenshot_20210216-064340__01.jpg

Auri

🎸🎼Metal Star🎼🎸
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Thanks for opening the Café, @BritishBloke , it's so lovely! *hug And thanks for tagging me, @Lane .

I loooove all kinds of nuts, including almonds. I put almond milk in my coffee so I guess I have some every day. *yes4

Have a beautiful day, everyone!

The itch, I feel like I could get used to the feeling, while having to pee would also stress me out... meh.

*shh

Travel. Oh wait... Ok, buy an apartment for myself.

Yes, I met a few writers, musicians, and plenty of "regular" people I just admire. Usually it made me love them even more and notice how down to earth and human they are as well, just like us. People are incredible, I recommend.

Well, my feet are fairly small and it's not so bad. It would be much easier to conceal tiny feet, so I pick them.

Vegetables for sure, but fruits are kind of an issue these days. :D

Bergerac

Lost are only those who abandon themselves
Thanks for the tag, my very own @MisterBGone 😘 lol

Right, to the questions.

1) the itch that I couldn't scratch by hand. Assuming of course, that I was able to find a scratching post to remove it and this was allowed.

2) At the moment, it is listening to a particular song, that meant a lot to me and a Man. I find it takes my mind off some of the more serious aspects of my mental illness.

3) move from my current location and buy a nice property down south. I would then set up my charity.

4) I have met a few celebrities, yes. They were lovely!

5) huge hands. Otherwise, my feet wouldn't take the weight of me. I suppose the hands may pull me forward, but still.

6) not really. Possibly 2 or 3. Depends.

Have a good day everyone *stars

Dante

In the SF doghouse with Burt
SF Pro
SF Supporter
Thanks @BritishBloke for the Cafe, and thanks @Lane for the Tag :D

Gwan, I've not opened a Jimmy in a while so... Eh...
So today is a good a day as any to be a bit nuts... I guess...

I guess time for some questions...

1. Do you like almonds?
I'm not serious about this question
Hmm, not having read the spoiler I can tell this is a VERY serious question due some deep consideration... so the only way to address this is to consider almonds individually in all its forms:

1) On their own
They are OK I guess, nothing special, I find I prefer honey-roast peanuts or cashews better, but almonds are OK I guess.

2) On cakes
My mum comes from Norway so I have grown up with a lot of Norwegian goodies, especially at christmas, and a surprising number seem to involve almonds.
Kransekake is pretty good actually, and you can taste the almonds in it, but with the sweetness on top it really works. It looks like its gonna be crumbly but ends up being unexpectedly chewy. All 'round its good and wouldnt work without almonds.
Almond Cake is ok, but a little plain for my taste to be honest.
Serinakaker are pretty damned tasty and my grandparents always put ground almond on top of them. I must say this endeared me to the taste of almonds quite a lot growing up.
Sirupsnipper oh damn these are a perfect tasty treat and so christmasy ^^ and always topped with an almond.

3) Marzipan (I know this is still cakes, but deserves its own section)
Marzipan is always a cheap and easy way to make sweet things look like whatever the hell you like, its so easily formed into any shape and relies entirely on the precious almond. Batternbourg was a special favourite of my dad's so we always had some in the house growing up, and obviously helped him finish it off every time, and there was always little marzipan decorations on the top of my dad's favourite cake ever the Tunis cake.

So, giving this question the full weight of seriousness that it obviously deserves, I would say that Almonds on their own arent a favourite of mine, however, the taste of almonds has permeated my childhood and is especially linked, now and forever in my mind, to Christmas, so getting to take something with almonds on christmas only helps get me in the christmas spirit :)

So I hope whatever you're doing today, it's a good day, or night, or morning. I hope the sunshine sparkles happiness and radiates through you today, so please grab a chair, or a bean bag, or sit with your legs crossed like a pretzel, whatever you're most comfy with and enjoy this nice spread.
I'm actually off until next tuesday, so yea, a good day :)

Definitely ich, the constant feeling of needing to pee means you wont know if you really do need to or not, which means you will have to simply hold it for the rest of your life, just in case. Not fun. I have an itch on my arm right now that I cant be asked to scratch, itches are easy to ignore.

Generally... I dont know, usually they are forced/polite smiles, you know, procedural smiles, but today, waking up stupid early on a weekday, putting out the bins and then going back to sleep got a BIG smile from me.

Depends on the amount of money. If it were 1 or 2 million, I would probably use it to buy a house (not ALL of it) and then try to invest the rest somewhere safe as I think inflation is bigger than bank interest at the moment (meaning unused money depreciated in value even in the bank)

If it were as high as the UK top win £170m then I would quit my job. I wouldnt have done that before but Im getting really sick of some of the people there. Then I would put £1million into the bank accounts of my sister, brother, dad and talk to my aunt to try to set up a trust for my mum (she CANNOT be trusted with money, she got divorced took more than half the assets, hundreds of thousands of pounds, and lost it all within a couple years) Of course my ever generous Aunt would get a million too. If i calculated the value of all the insane presents she has given me.... it could probably buy a small flat outright with it... so yes, £1million for her... OH and a million for my surviving grandad so he can live in style, do whatever he wants.
Then with the rest I would live a life of leisure, take up woodwork, maybe start a small workshop? Don't take orders but just sell whatever I feel like making. Have fun with it.

I met a couple of the big names from Star Trek (Im a trekkie) I even had a good chat with John De Lancie, and no it didnt change my opinion of them at all, its a "meet the fans" thing, you are never yourself then, and sure enough they stayed true to the image of themselves they have projected all these years. Aside from that, no, and I havent met any "idols" who werent actors at a fan event, so oh well.

Tiny feet. You can put on shoes that are padded to make your feet look normal, but you cant make your hands look smaller. Also, it is possible you could get normal sized feet grown and transplanted on in the next few decades, the technology does exist now, (possible, not likely)

A DAY?!? I dont even OWN a fruit right now!

StrangeRanger

Just Another Wandering Poet
Thank you for the invite @MisterBGone! & thank you for opening the cafe today @BritishBloke! I hope everyones been brilliant & had an excellent Valentine's day 😊

Yes! Almonds are scrumptious & I like the healthiness of them.

If I had to choose one?? Maybe the itch? I don't know what the smarter answer is here because the visual of both sounds SUPER irritating *rofl

Honestly, my pets!

I would probably look into a house or I'd put some if that monet towards an awesome adventure somewhere!

No one famous but there was some local musicians I looked up to as a teen. Once I got into adulthood & befriended them more, it very much changed my perspective in an unfortunate way... Didn't really look up to them after finding some hard truths sadly.

Feet maybe? Probably tiny feet haha.

I try! I love eating fruits & vegetables probably the most but it's hard to have them around constantly, the people I live with aren't huge on healthy foods.

I hope everyone is staying safe!! 🌈

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$180.00
Goal
$255.00