Welcome one and all to Jim's Café, the sanctuary for the long suffering sane from the madness of the modern world.
My cafe on the 19th was my first in a while, so here is another one! Merry Monday my marvellous and miraculous men and madams! May merriment mark your mornings and your moods miss misery by miles. Today is Go for a Ride Day, and American National Cranberry Relish Day, thats about it, so im going to just make up the topic
As ever, feel free to read and answer whatever you like, topics are divided into tables, each heading has a summary, so no need to read tonnes of you dont want to, answer as much or as little as you like.
Now, fun facts about bicycles and some music to read them to, followed by our tables of many topics:
1) Some claim that you can fit around 15 bicycles in the same space that one car occupies, but the cyclists wont be comfortable.
2) The longest tandem bicycle seated 35 people, it was more than 20 meters long.
3) The word bicycle started being used several years after the first bicycles went on sale. The first models were called velocipedes.
4) The same energy you use to walk can be used on a bicycle to go 3 times faster (depending on road surface and incline)
5) The land speed record for a bicycle is 184MPH set in 2018 by Denise Mueller-Korenek using an aerodynamic suit and specially designed bicycle which needs to be towed above a certain speed before the pedals are workable by human legs due to the specialised gearing.
With (some) of the world unlocking, people are increasingly free to travel, so here is a table to talk about it:
1) Where have you been to recently?
2) Where would you like to go next?
3) Tell us about your last holiday somewhere special (Not a "sit-on-arse-and-watch-TV" holiday)
4) If you have pictures of anywhere you have been to, or desperately want to go to, feel free to share them but remember, no selfies, (Anonymity remember).
5) What was your favourite trip ever, and what made it so special?
Health & Exercise Table
After 2 years of being stuck at home, what have we been doing to keep our minds and bodies in good condition?
1) Do you get much exercise? and if so, what do you do?
2) What do you do to keep your mind active?
3) What do you do to counter the extra emotional strain from all the crap these past 2 years?
4) Do you remember to eat healthily? What do you eat most days?
5) How has your mental, physical and emotional health changed these past 2 years?
The Secret Passion Table
The table to tell us all about that 1 topic you love but rarely get to talk about.
1) What is that one topic you could talk about for hours but rarely get to?
2) What really excites you about it?
3) What is your favourite part?
4) Do you think its an acquired taste or something everyone would love if they gave it a chance?
5) Make a joke specific to the topic, lets see your maths/art/dentistry/graphic-design/etc jokes.
A place for the not-so-chatty to just say hi and be present.
1) Say Hi
2) Be present.
The Recruitment Table
1) Tag someone!
2) Tag more
3) Make a Cafe.
@LOSTINSIGHT @Always Hopeless @Waves @jxdama @keepthereceipt @The Tigress ♡ @SleepyOwl @Starry Starry Night