Jim's Cafe - 24th January

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dante

Git
SF Pro
SF Supporter
Welcome to Jim's Cafe, Dante Version, there is a slightly special reason I nabbed this one which will become apparent soon.

As ever lets have a look at what day it is, Beer Can Appreciation Day, Peanut Butter Day, Belly Laugh Day, Talk Like a Grizzled Prospector Day, and Dante's Birthday. So when choosing a theme for todays Cafe, the choice is obvious, it is Belly Laugh Day! Though Talk Like a Grizzled Prospector Day was a close second... so in these harsh times and dark days lets all think about and discuss what makes us laugh.

Fun Facts:
1) Canada and Denmark have had a dispute regarding a small island they both claim called Hans Island that has gone on for roughly 90 years, and far from going all American on it, in the past 30 or so years these two lovely countries have settled into a routine whereby whenever they send someone there they plant a flag and a bottle of booze.
2) The man who invented the Pringles packet was so proud of it he got his family to bury his ashes in one.
3) If you love irony, did you know that cotton candy was invented by a dentist?
4) The Roosevelt Hotel in New Orleans celebrated its 125th anniversary by giving away a $15,000 dollar presidential suite stay to whoever could prove they stole the most outrageous item from the hotel.
5) The US Supreme Court has its own basketball court called "The Highest Court in the Land".

Now onto the questions:
1) What was the last thing that made you laugh (fake laughs don't count)
2) When was the last time you made someone else laugh (people laughing at you doesn't count, this is about fun, not cruelty)
3) What is your favourite comedy and why? (Film, TV, Cartoon, even a comedian if you don't like TV)
4) Can you do an accent? If so which? (special points if you can do a convincing Grizzled Prospector accent) (EXTRA special points if you send an audio link)
5) Less of a question, more or a request: Post a link to something that will make people laugh, a picture, a video, a silly song, anything.

Dig deep and bring the laughter, I want anyone to be able to come here and leave after having a big belly laugh so the answers to question 5 are essential :D

For my contribution to humour I give this, Gabriel Iglasias stand-up, I love this guy!

Now for the invites, I will invite all those who posted on the last few Cafes, and a few others who I think missed out (if I also missed someone out, please invite them, some laughter is never a bad thing):
@Aurelia @FlamingoWrangler @HappyKitty @johnDoen @Kiwi2016 @cymbele @extraterrestrialone @Sunday16

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
thank you for opening the cafe and inviting me @Dante and a very happy birthday to you*bday*bday*stars i hope your journey to your next birthday is a prosperous and fun one.

1. last thing to make me laugh : something my wife said

2. last time i made someone laugh : yesterday talking to a friend

3. favorite comedy : film-canonball run, tv-addams family, cartoon-smurfs, comedian-george carlin

4. do an accent : scotty and a pirate but not well.

mike

Dots

Misknown Member
Happy Birthday!

Thanks for the invite.

1) What was the last thing that made you laugh (fake laughs don't count) this guy who complained that millennial guys don't even know how to use an axe in this day and age so theyre not masculine. phallic fixation, much?
2) When was the last time you made someone else laugh (people laughing at you doesn't count, this is about fun, not cruelty)
a couple days ago when my SO and I weren't fighting
3) What is your favourite comedy and why? (Film, TV, Cartoon, even a comedian if you don't like TV)
Tv show: fleabag.
4) Can you do an accent? If so which? (special points if you can do a convincing Grizzled Prospector accent) (EXTRA special points if you send an audio link)
british. totally. gonna need something other than points to convince me to post it though.
5) Less of a question, more or a request: Post a link to something that will make people laugh, a picture, a video, a silly song, anything.
will return later for this.

Baywasp

I know the world turns and it will turn on me
SF Supporter
Thanks for the tag @Dante and happy birthday!

A Youtube video, not sure which one. I also let out a little chuckle when I was singing and accidentally sang, "I'm picking up my skin at last" instead of "chin."
IDK, I'm not a very funny person.
As far as movies, I like Little Miss Sunshine, but that's like a comedy/drama, so for more straightforward comedy I like What About Bob? I like a lot of comedies on TV too, like The Office, Community, and Wilfred. I don't watch any current comedies though really.
When I was a kid and into acting and stuff, I used to try to do this sort of Cockney accent à la Artful Dodger from the musical Oliver! but I don't really do it anymore.
This is kinda long but pretty funny. It's worth a watch if you've got 40 mins to waste. Kitboga calls up scammers to waste their time, and in this one he installed a "Desktop Goose" application and is seeing if the tech support scammers can get it off his system.

That fact about the Pringle man.

Maybe last night. I work with friends so we have a good time.

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki Kun
Or
Bojack Horseman

Caribbean. If pressed.
and I have fun with my Batman impression.

This might be niche but here we go. DFC9E2FC-E3F4-40F0-99D4-C67E57A1F111.jpeg

johnDoen

Outsider in the Realm of Lost and Found
Welcome to Jim's Cafe, Dante Version, there is a slightly special reason I nabbed this one which will become apparent soon.

As ever lets have a look at what day it is, Beer Can Appreciation Day, Peanut Butter Day, Belly Laugh Day, Talk Like a Grizzled Prospector Day, and Dante's Birthday. So when choosing a theme for todays Cafe, the choice is obvious, it is Belly Laugh Day! Though Talk Like a Grizzled Prospector Day was a close second... so in these harsh times and dark days lets all think about and discuss what makes us laugh.

Fun Facts:
1) Canada and Denmark have had a dispute regarding a small island they both claim called Hans Island that has gone on for roughly 90 years, and far from going all American on it, in the past 30 or so years these two lovely countries have settled into a routine whereby whenever they send someone there they plant a flag and a bottle of booze.
2) The man who invented the Pringles packet was so proud of it he got his family to bury his ashes in one.
3) If you love irony, did you know that cotton candy was invented by a dentist?
4) The Roosevelt Hotel in New Orleans celebrated its 125th anniversary by giving away a $15,000 dollar presidential suite stay to whoever could prove they stole the most outrageous item from the hotel.
5) The US Supreme Court has its own basketball court called "The Highest Court in the Land".

Now onto the questions:

Dig deep and bring the laughter, I want anyone to be able to come here and leave after having a big belly laugh so the answers to question 5 are essential :D

For my contribution to humour I give this, Gabriel Iglasias stand-up, I love this guy!

Now for the invites, I will invite all those who posted on the last few Cafes, and a few others who I think missed out (if I also missed someone out, please invite them, some laughter is never a bad thing):
Happy birthday, @Dante!

What was the last thing that made you laugh (fake laughs don't count)
- Subreddits, such as r/rareinsults or r/clevercomebacks. I also once laughed at a sneezing chicken.

When was the last time you made someone else laugh (people laughing at you doesn't count, this is about fun, not cruelty)
- I make jokes with co-workers during breaks, mostly dramatized quotes and Tik Tok videos, not aiming at anyone specifically.

What is your favourite comedy and why? (Film, TV, Cartoon, even a comedian if you don't like TV)
- Bad Black and Who Killed Captain Alex by Wakaliwood (Ramon Film Productions). These movies are available for free in the creator's official Youtube channel.

Can you do an accent? If so which? (special points if you can do a convincing Grizzled Prospector accent) (EXTRA special points if you send an audio link)
- I can do some accents in my native language for singing folk songs.

Less of a question, more or a request: Post a link to something that will make people laugh, a picture, a video, a silly song, anything.
- The movies I mentioned, the best of all in Uganda:

(I know these movies are not as good as Hollywood productions. They are made by local volunteers who are not trained in acting, in a slum, with an average $200 budget and recycled equipment)

Witty_Sarcasm

🦄🦜🧁🌈🌝💖
SF Supporter
The most important daily celebration is obviously Dante's birthday, so Happy Birthday *bday*stars

1) What was the last thing that made you laugh (fake laughs don't count) My friend asked if I ate some pesto after I found mold in it.
2) When was the last time you made someone else laugh (people laughing at you doesn't count, this is about fun, not cruelty) I joked that I did eat the pesto because I was looking for a natural high.
3) What is your favourite comedy and why? (Film, TV, Cartoon, even a comedian if you don't like TV) George Carlin, Dave Chappelle, Ren and Stimpy, just to name a few.
4) Can you do an accent? If so which? (special points if you can do a convincing Grizzled Prospector accent) (EXTRA special points if you send an audio link) I can attempt to do accents very poorly. haha
I could try grizzled prospector, but I may end up sounding like Foghorn Leghorn.
1611456679601.png

1) What was the last thing that made you laugh (fake laughs don't count) Literally anything can make me laugh but the thoughts in my head is what makes me laugh the hardest and the most lol

2) When was the last time you made someone else laugh (people laughing at you doesn't count, this is about fun, not cruelty) Something i told my grandma the other day

3) What is your favourite comedy and why? (Film, TV, Cartoon, even a comedian if you don't like TV) Impractical Jokers its just so funny!

4) Can you do an accent? If so which? (special points if you can do a convincing Grizzled Prospector accent) (EXTRA special points if you send an audio link) i can kinda do a british. i've been watching too much historical british dramas.

5) Less of a question, more or a request: Post a link to something that will make people laugh, a picture, a video, a silly song, anything. 1611456921367.png

Inya

babaya gayolera
Thanks for opening and inviting me *bday @Dante *stars
The third fun fact was a brilliant marketing move. :D

We celebrated my friends birthday yesterday, got drunk and made each other laugh like idiots. And she has a dog that makes funny noises when he’s begging for food.

Last night when I came home drunk and talk to my man on the phone. I don’t remember exactly what I said but I probably invented a word in his language, I do it all the time.

Les Visiteurs, a French comedy with Jean Reno. I laugh to tears every time.

Of course, I do Innish perfectly.*rofl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00