Jims Cafe - 9th May 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash600

Of dust and shadows
SF Creative
SF Supporter
Sock Table
Yes, a table about socks, wonderful isn't it?
1) Do you wear socks in pairs or odd socks?
I prefer pairs. If I were to start wearing odd socks, then one foot might get jealous of what the ever is wearing and then all forms of chaos could break out.

2) Describe your favouritepair of socks
My lucky black socks with the 8 ball pool ball on one side.

3) How often do you buy new socks
Whenever I feel the need to. Then I'll buy around 10 pairs

4) How many socks have you lost?
None, my socks are loyal, they always come back to me.

5) Have you ever worn socks with sandals? (Be honest)
Never worn sandals and have no intentions of doing so. Ever.

Health Table
It also happens to be Nurse's Week, as well as Bladder Cancer, Ehlers-Danlos, Prader-Willi, Cystic Fibrosis, Lupus, and Lime Disease awareness month.
1) How is your health today?
Ok.

2) When was the last time you saw a doctor/nurse?
You talking socially or professionally? ;)
3) Do you like, tolerate or hate doctors?
Depends on the individual. Some I've got time for, but others, they are nothing but arrogrant dick-spanglers.

4) Are you comfortable in hospitals or hate them?
Depends on the seating arrangements and in flight entertainment that's on offer....

5) Do you have a long term illness and are you willing to tell us about it?
Nope.

Philosophy Table
Because it is never a bad time for Philosophy, feel free to answer 1 or all 3.
1) If you could guarantee honesty, what 2 questions would let you get the best idea of who a person truly is?
Q1 - Tell me about yourself Q2 Your opinons on life in general. Although personally I believe that it would take more than 2 questions to discover who a person actually is.

2) Is suffering a necessary part of the human condition?
I wouldn't say it's necessary, but rather a characteristic that is commonly associated with the human condition. The degree of suffering would in the main depend on the mindset of the individual in so far as the way they manage it.

What would people who never suffered be like?
For those who have never suffered, then that could imply that they are free from pain, torment and desires. That could mean that they have attained a true peaceful state of mind and possibly could have reached a state of Nirvanha.

3) Is it possible to live a normal life and not ever tell a lie?
Laws of probability should dictate that it is a possibility.

Saint Rita

Believe in yourself!
In pairs.

2) Describe your favourite pair of socks
Comfortable and good fitting, not too tight and not too loose.

I don't buy them very often.

Not many.

With slippers - Yes.
With sandals - Probably yes.

My health is not good today.

A few months ago.

I tolerate them.

I'm comfortable in hospitals.

2) Is suffering a necessary part of the human condition? What would people who never suffered be like?
I hope not.

Yes, it is possible.

Thanks for tagging me @Dante

Dinolaur

Human by day, Dino by night
Staff Alumni
Thanks for the tag @Dante :)

Sock Table
1) Do you wear socks in pairs or odd socks? Pairs. But I actually don’t like wearing socks lol
2) Describe your favourite pair of socks. I haven’t got a favourite pair
3) How often do you buy new socks whenever I feel like it ;)
4) How many socks have you lost? How can you lose a sock? lol or do you mean when the washing machine eats them?
5) Have you ever worn socks with sandals? (Be honest) no coz I don’t wear sandals lol

Health Table
It also happens to be Nurse's Week, as well as Bladder Cancer, Ehlers-Danlos, Prader-Willi, Cystic Fibrosis, Lupus, and Lime Disease awareness month.
1) How is your health today? my health is crap. I’m not sleeping well, my fibro is really playing up and I generally feel exhausted.
2) When was the last time you saw a doctor/nurse? ermmm. Whenever we was last actually allowed to
3) Do you like, tolerate or hate doctors? tolerate. Some are okay
4) Are you comfortable in hospitals or hate them? I don’t really know how to answer that one. I hate them I think
5) Do you have a long term illness and are you willing to tell us about it? yes. I have fibromyalgia. It’s neurological. It’s painful, it’s draining, it hurts. My legs currently feel like they’re going to fall off all because I did a day at the amusement park so the kids could have a great day. Now I’m paying for it. No sleep for me tonight

Philosophy Table
1) If you could guarantee honesty, what 2 questions would let you get the best idea of who a person truly is? I don’t know how to answer that one.
2) Is suffering a necessary part of the human condition? What would people who never suffered be like? Wow. Tough question. But I do think a necessary part of suffering is needed because it makes you grow as a person.
3) Is it possible to live a normal life and not ever tell a lie? No. I don’t think so. I don’t lie to hurt anyone, but I think in reflect we all tell white lies 🤷‍♀️

A_J_R

Health Table
Physical health? Fine. Mental? It's OK, I think.

Not to long ago, I had an annual check up recently.

I am OK with them, but am really bad about getting myself into appointments. I always expect the worst.

I don't care for them, but if I'm a patient, my experience has been mostly good. I always got lost when visiting, so that's the part I really hate. It's overwhelming.

I do not. And I'm grateful for that.

Philosophy Table
1) If you could guarantee honesty, what 2 questions would let you get the best idea of who a person truly is?
What does love mean to you? (the answer could vary, but it would give me a good idea of where they are on the spectrum of openness to emotions, and possibly empathy)

I'm not sure I can think of a 2nd question. Maybe, something about friendship and closeness, but not sure how to word that.

2) Is suffering a necessary part of the human condition? What would people who never suffered be like?
That's a hard one too. It's hard to think outside of the idea of suffering, since it does actually feel like a natural thing to happen to people. I do think suffering can lead to empathy and that's something we can't look over. I would prefer no one suffer, but I don't know if we were all our own version of happy if empathy could exist.

I don't think so. I'm talking about a spectrum of lies. Like, telling someone they don't have a big butt is so different from telling them you love them when you don't. So, little lies... not great, but not necessarily the worst either.

Thanks for the tag.

Depends on how much attention I'm paying to them when I put them on.

No preference.

Every few years.

Not many. I can't remember.

I don't wear sandals.

foreverforgotten

Quiet Observer 🦋
SF Supporter
Sock Table
1) Do you wear socks in pairs or odd socks? --- I used to make it a point wearing odd socks. I used to wear colorful ones. Now they are black. But its a good outgrowing reason.
2) Describe your favourite pair of socks --- black. Ankles.
3) How often do you buy new socks --- every year. I have cold feet so I enjoy splurging on socks.
4) How many socks have you lost? ---Oh man... The laundry mat is the serial killer of socks. Sometimes I end up with other peoples abandoned ones.
5) Have you ever worn socks with sandals? (Be honest) -- probably... But I'm way more likely to be found not wearing any at all. I only wear socks when wearing shoes for extended periods. Like at work. Then I wear thick double socks under boots. because cold feet's.

Health Table
1) How is your health today? ---- I think its ok. It,was really bad a few days ago. Ulcer pains.
---- its overdue..
3) Do you like, tolerate or hate doctors? --- tolerate.
--- hate.
5) Do you have a long term illness and are you willing to tell us about it? --- ulcer.. It never heals. Herniated discs in back... Pcos... Crazy firey dragon breath Heartburn... I have heartburn right now. 90% of the time. Heartburn.

TY @Dante ^^ 🖤

Last edited:

Sunspots

To Wish Impossible Things
Admin
SF Supporter
Philosophy Table
1. Do you like animals? Do you like hugs? That's all I need to know..

2. I don't think it's necessary but it probably makes you appreciate the good things more. I doubt anyone has ever had a life without suffering to find out if it's really necessary or not - suffering is all relative and individual.

3. I suppose it's possible but I bet nobody's managed it yet.

KM76710

Kangaroo Manager
SF Pro
SF Supporter
1. Do you like animals? Do you like hugs? That's all I need to know..

2. I don't think it's necessary but it probably makes you appreciate the good things more. I doubt anyone has ever had a life without suffering to find out if it's really necessary or not - suffering is all relative and individual.

3. I suppose it's possible but I bet nobody's managed it yet.
For you number 1 question, I like that but a question I would put to them is Do animals like you? That always says a lot about folks. Hard to fool those four footed critters.

Lane

SF Pro
SF Supporter
Thank you for tagging me @Dante .

Nope
2) Describe your favourite pair of socks.

I have a pair with a little dogs and a bones they're grey.

Whenever I need them

4) How many socks have you lost? They just disappear

5) Have you ever worn socks with sandals? Nope, I think that's a guy thing

Health Table

Good physical health, mental health, ehhh

When I fell and hurt my hand last year

They're fine

No opinion. As long as they're not jabbing me with needles

5) Do you have a long term illness and are you willing to tell us about it? Im diagnosed with clinical depression and bipolar disorder.

Philosophy Table
1) If you could guarantee honesty, what 2 questions would let you get the best idea of who a person truly is? How do you treat the elderly and children and animals?
2) Is suffering a necessary part of the human condition? What would people who never suffered be like? Clueless to real life
3) Is it possible to live a normal life and not ever tell a lie

Baywasp

I know the world turns and it will turn on me
SF Supporter
Thanks for the tag @Dante

1) Do you wear socks in pairs or odd socks? I mostly have different kinds of black socks and white socks. I don't always try to wear my socks in exact pairs as long as the base color is the same in both. Although I do have really thin black socks that I wear in pairs because it might feel weird to wear one of those with a sock of normal thickness.
They're blue and have various pugs on them. Here's a picture of the exact socks I'm talking about:
1620697850742.png
When I feel like I need to
Probably a lot. Sometimes I just take them off and throw them wherever in my room instead of putting them in the laundry bag when I'm done with them, so I don't necessarily take the best care of them.
5) Have you ever worn socks with sandals? (Be honest) Probably not to go anywhere unless it was when I was very little. Might have taken the garbage out wearing them though.

Pretty decent I think.
Had a psychiatrist appointment to check on my meds over the phone two weeks ago. Besides her, I believe the last time was at the beginning of March to get an EKG with the nurse practitioner I see for primary care. This was the most recent time I had an in-person medical appointment as well.
Haven't had too many issues with them. Most of my doctors have been really nice. I don't love going to them, but I like them as people.
I'm fairly comfortable with hospitals. I get a bit nervous going, but at the same time, it's kinda nice to be taken care of.
Besides my mental illnesses, I have environmental allergies (a ton of different types of grasses, some trees, dust mites, etc.) and sleep apnea. Other health concerns that I am not sure would be classed as illnesses include hypothyroidism (caused by previously taking lithium) and high cholesterol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00