Jim's Cafe - April 2016

Discussion in 'Jim's Cafe' started by Witty_Sarcasm, Apr 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I actually remembered it was the first, so I'm getting a better memory I guess :p I hope you all didn't get pranked too badly today. I didn't encounter any funny business, and didn't play any jokes on anyone either. It is still cold and snowy here but I am looking forward to the nicer weather.

2. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Yay, glad you started the Cafe!! :)
    I only got pranked by the weatherman. He said we would be in for some 80-degree days next weekend. He paused for about 15 seconds, and then broke the news that it was an April Fool's joke. Lol that was just cruel!!

3. Witty_Sarcasm

Yeah, I actually remembered this month. Maybe I can remember more when I actually get no sleep :p
    Wow, that was really mean of him! It is still feeling like winter here, so I really wish there were some 80 degree days in the forecast.

4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hoping for warmer weather here but rainy and storms for now

5. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

We're supposed to get some snow here this weekend. No prank. :(

[Heya, Jim...I've been thinking about you. I miss you. I hope you're having a blast spinning tunes in heaven!]

Witty_Sarcasm likes this.
  6. WildCherry

I miss Jim too; I think about him a lot.
    Yeah, no 80-degree days in this forecast either. It might snow on Sunday, and the low will be 26. Where did spring go?

7. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Hoping for a good month. March hasn't been good.

MisterBGone likes this.
  8. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

hey everybody. kind of a crappy day at work today. everything was fine until a customer started an argument with me right before the end of my shift. oh well. on to tomorrow.

9. WildCherry

Hope tomorrow's a better day, Mr Stewart.
    Today was the start of baseball season, and it was COLD!!! There's nothing like being at a game in 35-degree temps, wrapped in a hoodie and jacket, and drinking hot chocolate. That's football weather, not baseball!

MisterBGone and Mr Stewart like this.
  10. DrownedFishOnFire

Yesterday was 70 degree and being hit in the face with 30 degree.......weather today... what a joke. Mother Nature reminding us that Old Man Winter is still around

11. DrownedFishOnFire

Work today.want to reverse the table on the supervisor and put him in our shoes.

12. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

I went for a walk near the river yesterday. Wow i hadn't realized how dry it has been here. River was narrowed down to a stream in one spot. I think i could have walked right across it without getting my knees wet.

Otherwise doing okay. The ducks and geese have returned from their winter migrations now. Should be babies showing up in the next few weeks. Hope to get some pictures.

13. WildCherry

Aww, I remember holding a baby duck a few years ago. It was so cute!!

14. CandleLight

CandleLight Well-Known Member

Wait, someone passed away? Jim? Sorry, I'm new here, not sure what folks meant about Jim in Heaven.

I cried today, I think I actually got some stuff out and also figured out some things. I was very wise, sitting there in the tub crying but saying nice things to myself.

It helps when you say nice things to yourself.

15. Witty_Sarcasm

Yes, Jim did pass away, about 2 years ago I think. Pretty sure it happened in April. He was a mod here. He always started this Cafe so we continue it in his honor :)

I am glad you were able to say nice things about yourself, and let out emotions. That is good *hug*

CandleLight likes this.
  16. CandleLight

I am sorry to hear Jim passed away. Will give my dog an extra pat in his honor. I want to point out that me feeling sad right now, without knowing Jim, can remind us of how our lives can matter to strangers. Even years later. So please keep that in mind. You do matter. Jim too. And now Brillo will get some extra love tonight as I honor Jim.

17. Tmacster1

Tmacster1 Well-Known Member

I remember Jim had several good conversations with him when I first joined SF. I'm glad that Jim's Cafe is still going strong and well even after his passing. It's a good way to remember him and it makes me happy haha. As for weather it's been mostly sunny and hot here in Seattle. Suppose to cool down and become rainy soon though.

CandleLight likes this.
  18. CandleLight

It rained hard for about 10 minutes, at the barn today. It's going to rain overnight, too. I love the sound of rain, while cuddled up safe and warm.

19. Tmacster1

Tmacster1 Well-Known Member

I like the sound of rain when I spend a night at my grandparet's house. Sine they have a metal roof the sound the rain makes is quite relaxing and soothing like a noise machine.

Petal and CandleLight like this.
  20. souncide

souncide Well-Known Member

Hey everyone, hope you're all doing good.
    I haven't been sleeping much these days, but it's mostly because I don't want to. I've been working a lot on my projects all day and night.
    Yesterday I went to the psychiatrist and now I'm off almost all my meds. He also indicated me to a psychologist, which I'll start seeing soon enough, hopefully.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.