Jim's Cafe - January 2016

Discussion in 'Jim's Cafe' started by Witty_Sarcasm, Jan 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Wow, hard to believe another year has passed. Seems like time goes by so quickly now. There's only 4 years left until we start a new decade. I don't know how many of you made resolutions, but I tend not to stick to them, so now I just make long term and ongoing goals. Hope you all had a great start to the year!

2 people like this.
  2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Have just made this thread a sticky :) Yup, I have made some resolutions which I posted about in the new year's resolutions group.

3. SillyOldBear

SillyOldBear Teddy Bear Fanatic Staff Member Safety & Support

Thank you Witty. For starting another month of Jim's Cafe. Going on two years since his passing.

4. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

Good morning everybody. Happy 2016.

5. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Happy 2016...a great start for me...not.

More reason to get far and far away into a galaxy where no body knows me

Thats my goal for 2016. Get there

6. souncide

souncide Well-Known Member

Happy 2016 everyone.

7. Petal

How are everyone's resolutions going?
    Mine are going just fine...but it is early days, wish me luck.

Happy 2016 everyone

8. cymbele

cymbele SF Supporter

I managed to LOSE almost 2lbs over the holidays. I'm back to WW. I don't know how to get exercise in my lifestyle. On the weekends I can exercise but during the week I can't.
    On trying to be happier it is too early yet. work is stressful but I am grateful to have it.
    Looking forward to my June trip to London. It has been over 10 years since I have been out of the USA.

2 people like this.
  9. Mr Stewart

hello SF,

First day back to work was yesterday. Very tired. Thankfully because of my schedule, tuesday/wednesday are my 'weekend' days so I am off now until thursday.

10. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

Happy New Years All !!

Has been a very mild early winter where I am which I am very grateful for and stayed busy with holidays, oldest daughter getting ready to have baby in next few weeks, 2nd oldest daughter getting married this coming weekend, and trying to do some freelance work to stay busy that has went from stay busy to crazy busy in spurts. Got really fantastically lucky on an airfare sale a couple days ago and got 4 round trip tickets form Baltimore to Los Angeles for $72 ($18/ each plus taxes /fees total of $46 each for cross country round trip lol) so a surprise February trip to warmer climates in works for family has me very excited.

Will be around far more again now in the New Year so hope to meet some of the new faces I am seeing, as well and nice to see all the old faces again.

4 people like this.
  11. Petal

You are SO lucky, I hope you have a wonderful time. It is great to see you around the forum too. Have a wonderful time at the wedding :) And good luck on your grandchild, I hope all goes well.

12. Mr Stewart

pretty mild early part of winter here, too. cold the past couple days though and is a bit of a shock to the system when used to temperatures right around or even above freezing. ha! I grew up in one of the coldest provinces in Canada so you'd think i would have some kind of tolerance for cold temperatures but nope.

13. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Interesting month of ups and downs. Watching the NFL playoffs is the big thing this weekend while being off... repurposed a rusty metal lamp found at a thrift store now its all colorful looking more nicer. Now just got to find the right shade for it to make it more kickass.

Watching people go nuts over the powerball thing. I honestly think its a curse.

14. Mr Stewart

We have even been hearing about that powerball lottery here in Canada. Certainly the biggest amount from a lottery i have ever heard about. Do hope it gets split between several different people.

Nice day out today. Chinook winds have blown in and temperature is now above freezing again. Ordered some new gloves that are supposedly water proof. Hope they are. I work outside and have been having some trouble with my gloves getting wet and freezing lately.

15. Petal

We here in Ireland have even been hearing about it. It would be ridiculous to give 1.5 billion to one person, they should really split it down. It makes more sense that way :)

16. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

Should give it to whatever person was lucky enough or silly enough to buy a ticket- and I am sorry for the many many that spend far too much money ion a dream that is so astronomically against the odds they would be better off burning the money and reducing the heat bill by 2 cents .... I do believe that lottery is in fact simple an ingenious way found to tax the poor out what little money they have in a desperate dream....

2 people like this.
  17. cymbele

cymbele SF Supporter

American football playoffs doing heck with my diet. It's tough because I love nachos and pizza. I will weigh in tomorrow if I can. Got to get disciplined. I finally went to the gym but because I've been sick I didn't work out that hard.
    But in general life is ok. Getting excited about my trip to London this year but my daughter doesn't want me to start planning until April - we go in June.

18. Mr Stewart

Speaking of eating too much, I way overdid it on breakfast this morning. I had a coupon for half off two breakfast sandwiches. I normally just have the one sandwich but since i had the coupon i got two and ate both. Too much. Felt crappy all day as those things are loaded with fat and salt.

19. Petal

London is amazing. I have been there twice. You will have a ball of a time!
    Did you go to your weigh in? Keep us updated :)

20. Mr Stewart

Hello SF. I started reading a very interesting book about the OJ Simpson trial today. That's a story I know little bits and pieces about from the news at the time (I was 11 when it happened) and sort of public opinion about it. This one was written in 1996 by Jeffrey Toobin, one of the legal journalists who covered the case at the time. This is supposedly the best book on the trial so I am excited to read it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.