• Please read the thread in Forum News and Announcements pertaining to race related discussion on SF - thank you :)

Jim's Cafe Monday March 6th 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

WatchingPlanesFlyBy

Captain of the Catwalk
Well it's here at last. It's your favorite day of the week!

To kick this week off, I'm brewing up some extra strong coffee and espressos for anyone interested. We also have some delicious black teas for us tea snobs :rolleyes:

And for the first time I've made a full English Breakfast so dig in everyone! Don't worry it's Monday so you don't have to watch those silly calories, I read that in a book somewhere.

@Petal is minding the counter and handing out free samples of her delicious cupcakes while @Kira75 and @DoodlingStars are taking requests for songs. @Deety and @Acanthi are making adorable origami.

And I hired a robot to mop the floors so no cleaning duty for anyone. There's NO WAY it will gain sentience and force someone else to clean shop tomorrow...right?:oops:

Todays Challenge: What positive advice would you give to your 18 year old self?

Remember it's never too late to change things for the better! Wishing you all a wonderful day and fantastic week!

Last edited:

nico_justnico

Sf Spacemonkey
as an 18 year old, I'd advise myself to start making my homework RIGHT NOW, because my paper is due to WEDNESDAY
*goes offline in shame*
sorry, no time for coffee today ;)

Acy

Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense
ADMIN
Good morning everyone. I've been up for some time and have been busy. All basic prep for dinner this evening is done - just have beat eggs and bake, steam veggies. :)

Uh...erm...ummm, to my 18-year-old self: You are as pretty as anyone else - so don't doubt yourself. Healthy young people are always attractive. *nods*

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
mmmm loving the cooked breakfast, looks delicious. Needed after the day I have had. Hope everyone has a pleasant day, smile, it costs nothing ;)

Baywasp

I want wind to blow
I messed up on an assignment again and it's one of the few grades we have in that class. Feeling pretty bad about that. On the plus side I finally got my SSI funds for the month, so I got my bus pass and didn't have to walk, plus withdrew the cash to pay my rent, and even registered with USA Rugby so I can hit at practice again today if we do that. I also just realized that I forgot that my only class of the day was cancelled, so I'm on campus with nothing to do for about 2 hours til I head to practice. At least I got some veggie sushi and a milkshake.

Advice I'd give to my 18-year-old self is to believe in myself and try not to end up living with my parents again like I had to for a while there.

Walker

Admin-a-monkey
ADMIN
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
Thanks for coffee. I'm on it.
Ill help clean up. I got ya.

To my 18 year old self.
Hell...
You are who you really think you are. Don't doubt it so much. Move now. Act faster.
Stop fucking cutting yourself. You're not doing yourself any favors. You're really going to regret that later.
School is more important than you realize.

I could keep going. My 18 year old self could've used a lot of advice.

Walker

Admin-a-monkey
ADMIN
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
try not to end up living with my parents again like I had to for a while there.
Living with parents again isn't always bad! Sometimes that is a great jump you need to dive back into the world again. Just saying. I never did it but maybe I should have...

Very glad you worked out your SSI

Baywasp

I want wind to blow
Living with parents again isn't always bad! Sometimes that is a great jump you need to dive back into the world again. Just saying. I never did it but maybe I should have...
Oh, it was bad for me. They didn't respect me or my identity: I was dumb enough to come out as trans to my mom and she outed me to my dad, who was very upset by the news, and things just got worse from there...

Walker

Admin-a-monkey
ADMIN
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
Ahhh well screw that then @baywasp No good. That sucks. Sometimes younger people see moving back home as a failure & I just don't. But if you just had a bad experience then that a whole different thing. Sorry man.

Acanthi

To my 18 year old self, I'd say : "You're going to go on to do such great things, and you do not need that man to achieve them. Go to America, go to Singapore, live your life. Don't give up your chances for him."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$510.00
Goal
$255.00