Jim's cafe Sat.Dec.26

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMG

~ Peace and love to all ~
Hey everyone, hope you are all well and to those who celebrate it that you had a nice Christmas! :) Just thought I'd post a cafe since I saw there wasn't one posted since Xmas eve.
I have some "after Christmas" meme pix I found that I thought I'd share here, and also some q's ;)
Hope you have a nice day and sending lots of hugs & love to everyone here :) *hug*hug

Some tagging, will do more in a separate post: @Champagne @1964dodge @Walker @Nick @Sunspots @pooky @HappyKitty @extraterrestrialone @BritishBloke @foreverforgotten

How are you today?
Do you celebrate Christmas? If you do, how was yours this year?
Are you glad Christmas is over?
What's one of the last things you ate?
Do you have anything planned to do for the next week? (Feel free to talk about it if you want, or whatever else you want to talk about is fine too!) ;)

JMG

~ Peace and love to all ~
My reply to the q's & more tags ;) @RCee @Road to Nowhere @sinking_ship @Unknown_111 @JDot @Blue Star @MisterBGone @Sassy the Wonderful Cat @Lady Wolfshead @Baywasp

How are you today?
Pretty good overall, kinda tired for some reason even though I got enough sleep.

Yup, not sure if I will next year though cos I think it's just quite stressful. Mine was good this year though, enjoyed visiting with my sis & her husband :)

Yes.

Think it was a chocolate, has been awhile since I ate, need to go find something to have.

Do you have anything planned to do for the next week? (Feel free to talk about it if you want, or whatever else you want to talk about is fine too!) ;)

Nothing terribly exciting overall no. I'll be going out for a bit the day after tomorrow anyway. Will be seeing my friend when he gets back from where he went so we can do our Xmas gift exchange. Not doing a heck of a lot right now just on here for a bit, then prob. just gonna go read & relax.

How are you today? Eh.
It was good actually!
Tbh no lol
M and ms :D
I think i'll come up with some plans but atm not really

Champagne

✯✯ Heart of an angel ✯✯
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hey @JMG Thank you for opening the cafe and for the invite. I hope you had a lovely Christmas *hug

I love the meme's, especially santa on the ground the day after :D That is accurate *bounce

Hope y'all had an amazing Christmas and hope you have an amazing New Year.

For 2021...

1609045222383.png 1609045235967.png 1609045271007.png

JDot

remember to drink plenty of water
Forum Pro
SF Supporter
How are you today? I'm good. Finally got some good sleep.

Do you celebrate Christmas? If you do, how was yours this year? Yes. Mine was good. We had breakfast casserole in the morning and a big dinner. And I got a tempur-pedic mattress pad and some ear pads for my headphones as gifts.

Are you glad Christmas is over? No. I no longer have an excuse to listen to Christmas music.

What's one of the last things you ate? I ate a bowl of Special K about an hour ago.

Do you have anything planned to do for the next week?
I might go to my cousin's place for New Years Eve night.

KM76710

Kangaroo Manager
SF Pro
SF Supporter
How are you today?

Good good here, especially after insulating up with a fine wool blanket.

Somewhat, I celebrate with and for the young family I have and hope that they have a wonderful blast. Past that I am old enough to have a DILLIGAF attitude. LOL

Yes.

Leftover mincemeat pie, as opposed to mince pie, without hog's head meat it just ain't the same.

With me being on vacation all next week, other than an errand or so, stay up late, sleep late and relax. :)

Baywasp

I know the world turns and it will turn on me
SF Supporter
Thanks for the tag @JMG
How are you today? Okay. Tired and frustrated because my sleep schedule is kinda off again.
Do you celebrate Christmas? If you do, how was yours this year? I do. It was all right. Mostly relaxing, and I slept a lot during the day.
Not really.
An apple dessert made by my roommates' friend.
No real plans. Gotta work on some writing I guess.

KindaOtiose

Thanks for opening the café @JMG. I hope everyone had a great Christmas.

How are you today?
I'm okay, not too bad.

Yes, I celebrate Christmas. Much quieter this year due to Covid though.

Yes.

A yoghurt.

Do you have anything planned to do for the next week? (Feel free to talk about it if you want, or whatever else you want to talk about is fine too!)
Nope, nothing much planned at all.

Inya

babaya gayolera
Thanks for opening the café and inviting me @JMG

How are you today?
Very well, thank you, I’m expecting a friend.

It doesn’t mean much to me, it’s just good food and booze. This year I was alone, drinking more than eating lol.

Yeah, every day I’m closer to going home.

Homemade pizza 5 min ago.

Do you have anything planned to do for the next week? (Feel free to talk about it if you want, or whatever else you want to talk about is fine too!)
Hairdresser. And getting drunk a lot.

Kiwi2016

🦩 Now a flamingo, not a kiwi 🦩
SF Pro
Thanks for the tag and the invite 2jmg... a day late but ah well it's 2020 still right---lol!

L
How are you today?
Good..just went for a walk with my walking buddy, saw an amazing sunrise and met her new kitten which her daughter gave her...a wonderful way to start the day... then have to face defrosting iur freezer...and yes why did we not get a frost free freezer....and then to see my mother in law as we couldn't see her on Christmas day due to restrictions where she lives...

It was good but queit with just my husband and I...relaxing and just watched holiday specials...ate too much and lazed around...

Not really as have had a 4 day weekend which was so nice...

Last night leftovers of prime rib, green bean cassarole and mashed sweet potatoes..

Just work...nothing special...

Wishing al a wonderful Sunday...

Holding my breath

SF Pro
SF Supporter
Hi everyone, hope your days are going well. We are definitely in that strange week in between Christmas and New Year where everything just feels odd. I am also in tier 4 so no shops open other than supermarkets and I am not great at just sitting and watching TV.

How are you today?
Restless and struggling. A local 16 year old with no obvious mental health issues went out on a bike ride and never came back. He <mod edit - method> himself in the local woods. Can't stop thinking about him. Partly envious that he went through with it. I can really feel his pain, but I can also feel the pain of his parents and friends. I have donated to the charity Young Minds Trust in remembrance of Lucas. It's so hard. So I have kept myself busy today. I have done lots of marking of students course work and cooked a nice tea for the family. Changed bedding and hovered. If I stop I will crash and SH as I have the familiar ache in my stomach.

I do, but not really in a religious way. I see it as a way of getting family together and making special memories. Unfortunately this year we weren't allowed to get together so it was very quiet. Kids seemed happy which is the main thing. I kept busy cooking the dinner and handing out the presents.

Yes definitely. This was a difficult one this year. I didn't get to see my Dad and he was asleep when I video called. Really missing him.

A chocolate covered marzipan ball. My treat for the day. I won't eat any more sweet things. Just one of those a day until they are all gone, or the kids have eaten them!

School work and more school work until I go back to school. I need to get ready for most year groups not being in and teaching remotely. Need to record some live lessons in preparation. House work and food shopping. I also intend to work on hiding from all my professional mental health workers. All my usual ones have left me now anyway so I aim to avoid any phone calls with temporary ones where possible. I need to request more meds from the Dr and hope he just lets me have them without speaking with him. I think that's my week ahead.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sunspots

To Wish Impossible Things
Admin
SF Supporter
Thanks for the invite @JMG :)

How are you today?
I'm good thanks

Yep. It was okay, stress kept to a minimum.

Yes

Smoked salmon

Absolutely nothing. I was supposed to be going to Kew Gardens tomorrow but we can't go now due to lockdown. Hopefully if the weather is okay we'll find somewhere more local for a walk.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$130.00
Goal
$255.00