Jim's cafe Saturday 10th October 👼

Status
Not open for further replies.

Champagne

✯✯ Heart of an angel ✯✯
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
A warm welcome to Jim's cafe, lovely people. It is officially the weekend, legs up, turn on NetFlix, get some choccies and relax and chill 👍💞

This is all we need to start the weekend, how are YOU going to enjoy this weekend? Below is my idea of a good weekend :D what's yours?

1602288513200.png 1602288534534.png 1602288557291.png

Some conversation starters to start a great weekend!!!

Have You Ever Overheard A Conversation You Weren’t Supposed To? What Was It About?

What Real-Life Situation Where You Stood Up For Someone/Something?

When And Where Do You Feel Most Like Your Real Self?

Do You Say ‘Yes’ Too Often When You Really Want To Say ‘No’?

If You Had The Attention Of The World For Just 10 Seconds, What Would You Say?

1602288989286.png 1602289035566.png

ShyGuy

Have You Ever Overheard A Conversation You Weren’t Supposed To? What Was It About? Yeah =X but I forgot what it was about cuz I was a kid.

What Real-Life Situation Where You Stood Up For Someone/Something? I wanna stand up for something now, but it's hard for me, I'm so shy and cowardly.. I don't have the guts..

When And Where Do You Feel Most Like Your Real Self? When I'm around my old friends (that don't like me anymore) and also when I'm playing retro video games.

Do You Say ‘Yes’ Too Often When You Really Want To Say ‘No’? Yeah..

If You Had The Attention Of The World For Just 10 Seconds, What Would You Say? Only manly men wear panties!!

Road to Nowhere

💫💫💫💫💫
SF Supporter
Have You Ever Overheard A Conversation You Weren’t Supposed To? What Was It About?

Can't think of just one I always have my friends and family's back.

When I'm having a conversation with someone and we connect about life, religion, politics ect. There is no I am right you are wrong, we see things the same way, go down the rabbit hole and talk for hours. Though rare this connection and the pursuit of knowledge, wisdom and personal growth is what I live for. SF is also a place where I always feel like my real self.

Yes

“The art of knowing is knowing what to ignore… Ignore those that make you fearful and sad, that degrade you back towards disease and death.”

Witty_Sarcasm

🦄🦜🧁🌈🌝💖
SF Supporter
Have You Ever Overheard A Conversation You Weren’t Supposed To? What Was It About? Sure, usually involves someone shit talking me.

What Real-Life Situation Where You Stood Up For Someone/Something? I try to defend people when I can.

When And Where Do You Feel Most Like Your Real Self? On here most of the time.

Do You Say ‘Yes’ Too Often When You Really Want To Say ‘No’? Yes, but I try not to do that anymore.

If You Had The Attention Of The World For Just 10 Seconds, What Would You Say? It's time to start making the world a better place.

KM76710

Kangaroo Manager
SF Pro
SF Supporter
Have You Ever Overheard A Conversation You Weren’t Supposed To? What Was It About? Not typically. I normally am aware of situational awareness but what most others do conversation wise I typically tune out.

What Real-Life Situation Where You Stood Up For Someone/Something? Something, yes every time I vote or donate time or money to a cause. Someone there have been times, but the main time probably not appropriate for putting up here.

When And Where Do You Feel Most Like Your Real Self? Out in nature, working in my workshop on carpentry, stargazing, here is also a place where I am most honest with others in so many ways.

Do You Say ‘Yes’ Too Often When You Really Want To Say ‘No’? Not so much but self expression is not something I have trouble with...good or bad.

If You Had The Attention Of The World For Just 10 Seconds, What Would You Say? Stop fucking up the damn planet ya assholes!

MosesY

Recovering Alcoholic
SF Supporter
This is all we need to start the weekend, how are YOU going to enjoy this weekend? Below is my idea of a good weekend :D what's yours?

I am finishing the work on my car this morning. I have a haircut appointment at 9:40 this morning then my grocery shopping then working on some lanterns. This afternoon my friend and I are going to Texas Roadhouse for some steak and ribs. Today will be a good day.

Some conversation starters to start a great weekend!!!

Have You Ever Overheard A Conversation You Weren’t Supposed To? What Was It About? I don't recall ever overhearing a conversation I wasn't supposed to.

What Real-Life Situation Where You Stood Up For Someone/Something? I often stand up for people that other people are making fun of.

When And Where Do You Feel Most Like Your Real Self? When I have a lantern lit sitting out with my friend chatting smoking and drinking.

Do You Say ‘Yes’ Too Often When You Really Want To Say ‘No’? Yes, definitely.

If You Had The Attention Of The World For Just 10 Seconds, What Would You Say? Be courteous to each other.

Inya

babaya gayolera
I probably have when I was a child. Now people keep telling me stuff I don’t wanna know.

I am very protective since I can remember, standing up for total strangers if they’re treated with injustice. I’m trying very hard to give up this useless habit and stop fighting other people’s battles.

Every day, everywhere. Well if I accidentally find myself in a situation where I can’t be myself I remove me from it asap.

No, I don’t have a problem saying no. No no. And if they don’t understand I’m also able to politely add gfy.

@KM76710 exact words on this one.:D

KindaOtiose

Happy weekend everyone. Thanks for the invite @Champagne.

Sure. I used to hear people talking about me behind my back all the time. Either that or someone would tell me.

I'll defend my friends from any serious (as in not-joking) abuse. I've also intervened in a few fights when I've seen people being assaulted.

When I'm by myself.

No not really. Only maybe to people who are in a position of power over me (e.g. a boss).

I'd probably tell a joke. Not sure what else could be accomplished.

Acy

Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense
Admin
SF Supporter
@Champagne - thank you for opening Jim’s October 10, 2020 Café! The treats are delicious! I’m going to try to answer some of your very interesting questions!

Have You Ever Overheard A Conversation You Weren’t Supposed To?
Two VPs at work (years and years ago) were talking about a relatively new hire who then became pregnant. “Well, there you go - NEVER hire women!” Then they saw me and said, “You didn’t hear me say that!”) Geeesh!

In middle school (hundreds of years ago now), when there were not a lot of immigrant kids joining our school, a girl from the Middle East joined. In the gym change room, another girl told her she smelled bad and others joined in picking on her. (She smelled of her family’s traditional cooking, no better or worse than anyone else in the class.) I picked up my running shoe and threw it at the girl’s tormentor...just as the teacher walked into the change room. “Who did that? Who threw the shoe?” I was named and the teacher came over all in a huff. I explained why I’d done it and she said, “Oh. OK.” I wasn’t in trouble. :)

Depends - certain friends/family, certain activities, being outside in nature, seeing wild animals in the woods. Also reading, sketching, listening to music, doing goofy stuff.

Yes. It’s something I’m working on. I have said no twice in the last few weeks and it was ok.

I’d quote the words of a politician I heard of:
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic.
I’d then add in a few things about loving all people - regardless of differences (race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, etc. etc. etc.) I might ask that we love the planet better. And be kind to all. I would note my own gratefulness for all the many blessings and privileges I’ve had/have.

cymbele

SF Supporter
Although it will be a busy day today I prefer a weekend with one busy day and another to catch up on your chores (laundry, groceries, vacuuming, etc). This weekend I get two busy days. But next weekend I so far will get one!

Have You Ever Overheard A Conversation You Weren’t Supposed To? What Was It About? When I was a kid I overheard my mother complaining about my father and upset that she was pregnant and if the doctor hadn't been wrong on his due date she would've aborted my brother. That is a conversation I wished i never heard and it sticks with me.

What Real-Life Situation Where You Stood Up For Someone/Something? Many times when my daughter's friends would cut themselves or too embarrassed because they got sexually assaulted I went to parents/guidance counselor etc and reported what my daughter said. Never was a pleasant experience but you have to do what you have to do. And my daughter in grade school was afraid.

When And Where Do You Feel Most Like Your Real Self? I am myself most times when I am making a craft.

Do You Say ‘Yes’ Too Often When You Really Want To Say ‘No’? Not any more.

If You Had The Attention Of The World For Just 10 Seconds, What Would You Say? I dunno I would probably be a deer in the headlights so to speak.

thank you @Champagne for opening cafe :) my plans for the weekend originally involved traveling to a big city to sight see. i booked a guided tour........but nobody not even the guide showed up. so that was a bust. i did my own tour myself but it was kind of lonely and boring. i also felt very lost being in such a big city. i meant to spend 6 hours in the city but i ended up only spending three hours there and i couldnt take it i had to go home. so then i got home. bought some scrunchies for my hair and did some grocery shopping. got some hooks for my door. washed my hair and now am chilling

plans for tomorrow include cleaning the toilet (yes i have to do it), meal prepping a soy butter pasta, chatting with some old friends and thats it i think

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00