• Please read the thread in Forum News and Announcements pertaining to race related discussion on SF - thank you :)

Jim's Cafe-Saturday, February 4 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

WatchingPlanesFlyBy

Captain of the Catwalk
Good morning all you wonderful patrons, the cafe is open for business :)

It's a beautiful (albeit chilly!) day here and I thought we all deserved a nice hot breakfast brought to you by our local chef @Witty_Sarcasm complete with muffins baked by @Acanthi and @avalanchefan95. There's chocolate, blueberry, pumpernickel, a whole array of delicious goodies for all the lovely patrons.

@Kira75 is brewing her world famous tea and it's going fast!

Hope you brought shoes because @Freya had the floor torn out for renovations. Watch where you step :p

@DrownedFishOnFire brought an accordion and is taking requests :rolleyes:

Today's Challenge: Whats your creature comfort and how does it help you relax

Last edited:

Acanthi

Thanks for opening up @WatchingPlanesFlyBy!

Here are some salted caramel muffins!! Yes, they look more like cupcakes... But they're still heavenly!!
View attachment 1005

Today's challenge: I think it's a combination of things. I like having my air conditioner on to shut the world out and let the room get all cold, and I'll be doing a facemask. Then I'd be wrapped in a comfy too-big-for-me men's shirt I can tuck over my knees, and I'd have a book in my hand. Harry Potter always brings me comfort, oddly enough. So...I guess that means my ultimate creature comfort is a book? Oh I don't know... I just know food is not what I look to anymore.

Freya

Loves SF
Forum Owner
ADMIN
SF Author
Good morning all you wonderful patrons, the cafe is open for business :)

It's a beautiful (albeit chilly!) day here and I thought we all deserved a nice hot breakfast brought to you by our local chef @Witty_Sarcasm complete with muffins baked by @Acanthi and @avalanchefan95. There's chocolate, blueberry, pumpernickel, a whole array of delicious goodies for all the lovely patrons.

@Kira75 is brewing her world famous tea and it's going fast!

Hope you brought shoes because @Freya had the floor torn out for renovations. Watch where you step :p

@DrownedFishOnFire brought an accordion and is taking requests :rolleyes:

Today's Challenge: Whats your creature comfort and how does it help you relax
OMG you opened the cafe with no floor. Eeeeeek! Did you do a risk assessment? Seriously though thank you for opening up :)

My creature comfort is definitely a book. Books have literally saved my life. A book and a cuppa. Lovely. A slice of cake doesn't go down too badly either.

Hope everyone has a fabulous day :)

Charlene

SF Supporter
Do not really get what you are doing here, but I like it!
Go on!
Forgot my money at home. Maybe I can sing a song and one of you would give me some coins for a hot coffee? Its cold outside today.
Whatever a creature comfort is: I do love reading, writing (the best way to calm me down), singing (not gifted but hey, fun)...uhm...talking to strangers at a café.
:)

Freya

Loves SF
Forum Owner
ADMIN
SF Author
Do not really get what you are doing here, but I like it!
Go on!
Forgot my money at home. Maybe I can sing a song and one of you would give me some coins for a hot coffee? Its cold outside today.
Whatever a creature comfort is: I do love reading, writing (the best way to calm me down), singing (not gifted but hey, fun)...uhm...talking to strangers at a café.
:)
Ooooh singing!! We absolutely will allowing singing in payment for hot coffee. And nobody seems to have been assigned cleaning duties today yet ... ;)

Welcome to the cafe Anne! Hope you become a regular :)

Baywasp

I want wind to blow
Hey! What's up everyone?
Should be a good day. I stayed in bed til about noon, as is my habit on weekends. Now I'm watching a Capitals game. Don't think I'll go to the gym today just because I'm not sure how late it stays open on Saturdays and don't know when this game'll be over. I can go tomorrow-- there's another afternoon Capitals game, but I know the gym will be open later. I don't really care much about the Super Bowl, so that won't get in the way for me (and maybe other people will stay home to watch it and it'll be less crowded! I can hope, at least...) Today I can still work on certain things like push-ups in my limited space. Plus I'll go for at least a little walk because I don't feel like eating what we have in the house.

A few things that are comforts for me are specific songs... two I'm thinking of are "Rhiannon" by Fleetwood Mac and "A Quiet Mind" by Blue October. I can listen to them and just relax. They're so calming and I put the music on and let it just fill me up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$510.00
Goal
$255.00