• Please read the thread in Forum News and Announcements pertaining to race related discussion on SF - thank you :)

Jim's Cafe Saturday January 9 2021

JDot

J to the Dizzle O to the Tizzle
Forum Pro
SF Supporter

Baywasp

I want wind to blow
Thanks for the tag @JDot
If you could eat as much of one food as you want without getting fat, what would it be?
Maybe ice cream, but I wouldn't wanna get a brain freeze, so hopefully not all in one sitting.

Is there any movies or music you used to hate that you've grown to like?
Can't say I necessarily totally hated it, but I thought the movie Napoleon Dynamite was kinda stupid and unfunny. But I ended up seeing it a few more times and we even did something involving watching some of the scenes with the church youth group I was in, and I noticed that it got funnier the more times I watched it. (Though I still resented when people thought I had named my pet gerbil, who happened to be called Napoleon from before the movie even came out, after it.)

Auri

🎸🎼Rock Star🎼🎸
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
I wish I had a bath. *blue

*stars

If I could stay perfectly healthy, I would eat chocolate for the rest of my life. :)

I used to hate metal music before it became my main passion. Even if I was hearing it almost daily and knew about it more than the average kid, I didn't understand it back then and it was linked to some negative things in my life.

Hope everyone has a beautiful day!

MisterBGone

o O Oo oO oOo O ooo..!;)~
SF Supporter
Does the bubble bath come in bubble gum flavor, I wonder- ? ;) ...:D

There are so many in the movies & music question - but, curiously, for whatever~ reason* >_this one "popped-into-my; head!"
The Big Lebowski. Now, reason being, the first time I'd seen it (& of course I'd seen the previews on TV), was wehn it first came out on video. Not intentionally, though, I'd intended on showing one of my good friends The Wedding Singer. And you know how they used to just have the videos in behind the boxes (& therefore, separated, or seperately??) Well, some one had stuck a copy of - oh, wait? No, now i'm wondering why my own dog gone time line was all messed up! Because I didn't think I'd seen it this early, or that long ago. Well it was Wag the Dog we watched (instead). What a 'Crock!' "The Cre-DiT! ..the cREdIt?" (I want. The, Cred-it!)! & you'll get it Dustin, when you go be in taht movie w/bobby d & ben stiller on the forget the name of the comedy...? surely it'll come to ma after I've logge d ougt- now where were we! :D
Ah, yes~ ! The BB. ;) anyway - the first time I'd seen it - & while this was some time after it'd come out, it was long before it had gained the cult following that it has not only achieved today, but also yester~ ;) And so anyways, I"m checking this gthing, out *& admittedly; I am just. Not. Getting it..;) And so as the story usually goes: some years later, i don't really know how many, 3-4, or 5! I saw it again, and i could not believe the difference. Suddently the strangeness or whatever it was (maybe I was just in a bad mood, or not in the right frame of mind to properly digest said philosophy & such..?) God Only Knows. . . : ) And so although it's been some time since I've seen it (You almost don't even need to these days with often it is referenced). But ther's just so many memorable bits. I think one of my personal favorites has always been the parts with the red head, whose name is now also somehow escaping me! (is that what happens as you gett this late/r into life!) oh, joy! D Great stuff & i should probably watch/go see it again; if onlyk or maybe it's on Netflix (usually their not in moment/s & situations sucha as . . .) Also the bowling guy, Je-Sus?.! ;D oh, Gosh - hysterical . . . I used to impersonate those characters quite often in fact, & mucj more so that the jeffrey guy!
Which reminds me, maybe that'll be my next avatar (if I can only remembr) The Time Window "Man of They Year," (one / or pose) w/him Crazy Heart! (;

Dante

Took 5 years to learn how to make a custom title.
SF Supporter
Today's question:
If you could eat as much of one food as you want without getting fat, what would it be?
Im thinking it would have to be Pizza, Burgers or Fish and Chips, the easy ones you go to when you cant be asked to cook, that way I would never suffer from my laziness.

Bonus question:
Is there any movies or music you used to hate that you've grown to like?
OH so many. My parents kept shoving old music and movies down our throats when we were young, I hated them precisely because my parents kept going on about them and I didnt see what was so special, well, now that I have grown up I can see they are pretty decent, actually VERY good, and since they have stopped nagging me to enjoy them, I have begun to appreciate them on my own.

p.s.
@KM76710 @may71 @Lane @Champagne @NotSoNormal @Auri @pooky @Kiwi2016

Thanks for opening cafe and tagging me @JDot and @Dante .

Bubble bath sounds so nice. Only have a shower in my house. One day.

1) I'd eat spaghetti with sauce every day, extra parmesan cheese please.

2) like other old heads, we had one tv n my mother was in charge so it was sometimes Masterpiece Theater. Ha. Now I like the old costumes...oh and I luv Benny Hill, my mothers favorite. I didn't get it as a child.

Tagging @BlueGreen @JMG @KM76710 @ravens @KindaOtiose @Witty⭐️Sarcasm ⭐️ @Sunspots @adamjam

Last edited:

Bergerac

Lost are only those who abandon themselves
Thank you for opening, Sir J.

1) The answer to this, changes all the time, as my taste does. But, currently, it would be some kind of pasta recipe, with lots of cheese sauce, melted cheese on top, and crisps.

2) Movies: many old detective films/tv series, that I didn't believe I would ever be into, but I am. Such as "The Sweeney".

Does the bubble bath come in bubble gum flavor, I wonder- ? ;) ...:D

There are so many in the movies & music question - but, curiously, for whatever~ reason* >_this one "popped-into-my; head!"
The Big Lebowski. Now, reason being, the first time I'd seen it (& of course I'd seen the previews on TV), was wehn it first came out on video. Not intentionally, though, I'd intended on showing one of my good friends The Wedding Singer. And you know how they used to just have the videos in behind the boxes (& therefore, separated, or seperately??) Well, some one had stuck a copy of - oh, wait? No, now i'm wondering why my own dog gone time line was all messed up! Because I didn't think I'd seen it this early, or that long ago. Well it was Wag the Dog we watched (instead). What a 'Crock!' "The Cre-DiT! ..the cREdIt?" (I want. The, Cred-it!)! & you'll get it Dustin, when you go be in taht movie w/bobby d & ben stiller on the forget the name of the comedy...? surely it'll come to ma after I've logge d ougt- now where were we! :D
Ah, yes~ ! The BB. ;) anyway - the first time I'd seen it - & while this was some time after it'd come out, it was long before it had gained the cult following that it has not only achieved today, but also yester~ ;) And so anyways, I"m checking this gthing, out *& admittedly; I am just. Not. Getting it..;) And so as the story usually goes: some years later, i don't really know how many, 3-4, or 5! I saw it again, and i could not believe the difference. Suddently the strangeness or whatever it was (maybe I was just in a bad mood, or not in the right frame of mind to properly digest said philosophy & such..?) God Only Knows. . . : ) And so although it's been some time since I've seen it (You almost don't even need to these days with often it is referenced). But ther's just so many memorable bits. I think one of my personal favorites has always been the parts with the red head, whose name is now also somehow escaping me! (is that what happens as you gett this late/r into life!) oh, joy! D Great stuff & i should probably watch/go see it again; if onlyk or maybe it's on Netflix (usually their not in moment/s & situations sucha as . . .) Also the bowling guy, Je-Sus?.! ;D oh, Gosh - hysterical . . . I used to impersonate those characters quite often in fact, & mucj more so that the jeffrey guy!
Which reminds me, maybe that'll be my next avatar (if I can only remembr) The Time Window "Man of They Year," (one / or pose) w/him Crazy Heart! (;
Luv the Big Lebowski!

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$300.00
Goal
$255.00