Jim's Cafe - Sunday, November 15th

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowraven

Morning to everyone. Q 1. Travel and play music with others Q 2. Yes. Not for a long time now (except for smoking a bit of weed) but experimented with many things when I was younger. Taking LSD and Psilocybin mushrooms being the most eye opening things I ever did. Q 3. Bread, cheese, fish, lentils and beans. Q 4. Wouldn't want to. Q 5. Surviving and trying to make some kind of sense of the crazy world we live in.

Legate Lanius

Q 3. Bread, cheese, fish, lentils and beans.
Sounds like you attempted to choose items that would allow you to survive for a long time... but you forgot water.
experimented with many things when I was younger. Taking LSD and Psilocybin mushrooms being the most eye opening things I ever did.
What was eye-opening about it? Won't you just wake up from the drugs and realize that you were just tripping and not put any weight into possible realizations whilst under the influence. I haven't done drugs, but I would like to try some of that mind-altering stuff.

Innocent Forever

🐒🥜🍌
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Jingling with keys... Which one, which one... Okay, that's the one! Unlocking locks on front door!
Three times a charm, glad I didn't lose an arm!
(Meaning I opened Jim's Cafe three days in a row, yay!)
Well! Here we go!

Good Morning, Everyone!

Have a nice day and live it up as if it were your last, just don't forget that it isn't actually your last.
So don't spend all your money and energy at once!!!

Today I'll let you make your coffee yourself! Just do NOT burn the Cafe down!

Something to get you cold-blooded vipers going (LOL):

I really enjoyed the rhyme!
Keep it up line by line.
Open the doors day by day
You've got the keys, hooray!

cymbele

SF Supporter
Good morning! Lazy Sunday here. Back to work tomorrow and not looking forward to it as I have enjoyed the days off.

Q1. What are some things you want to do when you get out of lock-down/quarantine?

I want to go back to traveling and seeing new things

Q2. Have you ever done mind-altering drugs (optional: tell us about the trip)?
No Just weed. I hadn't had a trip on it but things got hazy.

Q3. If you could only eat/drink five food items for the rest of your life, which would they be?
Chocolate, milk, beef stew, beef, and cheese

Q4. If you had to steal someone's username or profile pic, who's would you choose?
I did choose Petal for a D&D character after Petal here

Q5. What the fuck am I doing with my life? Just coasting through life; no goal except to have a healthy grandson and help out there. I dunno about the rest of it.

Lane

SF Pro
SF Supporter
Not very good at these but I'll try LEgate.

Who gets lost on purpose? Purpruful porpoise (hate myself 😫) how bout time traveler

R2. Why did the driver bring a pair of scissors into the car after oversleeping?

Cut loose and drive 55 *facepalm

R3. Why did the costumer bring a deck of cards to the supermarket?

To go fish for the best deal

R4. What kind of salt makes you tired?

The one on the margarita rim glass the next day

R5. Why did the computer technician buy hundreds of pairs of sunglasses?

🧐

Not very satisfied with those riddles, but I hope someone finds one or two at least somewhat challenging or entertaining. That took a while

They really are! That brain 😄

If riddles aren't your thing, or if they are, you can answer some or all of these:

Q1. What are some things you want to do when you get out of lock-down/quarantine? Sorry if this has been asked befor

No, its hope. Go away with girlfriends or handsome loving boyfriend or myself, ha. See new things. Sit on beach without mask, drink a daquerie. Collect shells, build a sand castle

Q2. Have you ever done mind-altering drugs (optional: tell us about the trip)? Freebasing most major drug. Seeing rivers, people distorted. We partied very young and hard.

Q3. If you could only eat/drink five food items for the rest of your life, which would they be?

Spaghetti
(This is a pretty serios question)
Fish
Cranberry juice
Chocolate Pudding
Salad

Q4. If you had to steal someone's username or profile pic, who's would you choose?

@Dark111 my alter ego. *hiya

Q5. What the fuck am I doing with my life?
I went through some shit. Shake my head now I really just dont care.

snowraven

Sounds like you attempted to choose items that would allow you to survive for a long time... but you forgot water.

What was eye-opening about it? Won't you just wake up from the drugs and realize that you were just tripping and not put any weight into possible realizations whilst under the influence. I haven't done drugs, but I would like to try some of that mind-altering stuff.
First took LSD at the age of 20 and it was like seeing the world in a whole new way. It opened my eyes to the beauty of the world and taught me a new way of looking at things. I'm not saying it's a good idea for everyone but personally it was one of the best things I ever did. And sure the effects of the drug soon wear off but that doesn't negate the experience. The realizations those experiences taught me have lasted a lifetime. It was like having the filters removed. I know those realizations can be achieved through things like meditation but as a 20 year old I didn't even know what meditation was. I was more interested in football, girls and maybe getting a bit drunk on a weekend. It's a difficult thing to explain in words but more than anything it made me question the way I looked at the world.
As for the food question it's just the things I eat most of because it's what I like. Only 5 things is very limited if you want a balanced diet but they are the things I would find it hardest to give up along with coffee. I also enjoy chocolate, ice cream, crisps and many other less healthy options but feel a healthy diet is a good idea. That and exercise. It seems to have worked for me because I'm 63 now and still fairly healthy. Lungs are a bit knackered through smoking too much and sometimes I allow people to scramble my brain a bit but I'm still learning.

Auri

🎸🎶Metal Star🎵🥁
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Hi @thorns_all_over and @Legate Lanius , thanks for opening! :)
Hope everyone's having a peaceful Sunday. *grouphug2

Today we offer riddles, questions and jokes along with black coffee and sleep deprivation.

Start your stress-free, sleep-free night/day by taking a look at these memes I found online:

I like your memes, and your jokes, thanks! :D Also, very appreciative of the organized post, it pleases my eyes, lol. I'm not really good at riddles... but I'll give it some thought.

Q1. What are some things you want to do when you get out of lock-down/quarantine? Sorry if this has been asked before.
Go to concerts, travel, see my friends, start a new job. Just live.

Chocolate
Water
Brown rice
Broccoli

Red bell peppers

I really like @Aurelia 's profile picture. :)

Probably finding out what you want to do with it.
The longer you seek for a future, the shorter it will be.

Last edited:

Kiwi2016

🦩 Now a flamingo, not a kiwi 🦩
SF Pro
Thanks for opening @Legate Lanius and @thorns_all_over ....

Q1. What are some things you want to do when you get out of lock-down/quarantine? Sorry if this has been asked before.
Go to the beach for a walk and a local garden followed by a nice meal at a restaurant

Chocolate
Coffee
Pizza
Kiwis
Yogurt

Not really sure as think they are all so creative and individualistic to their owner...

At the moment existing but not living....need to find the motivation for something more...

Legate Lanius

Wasn't as popular as I thought, but here are the answers to the riddles for anyone that comes looking:

1. Runaway convict/child/etc
2. He wanted a short cut
3. He wanted to find good deals, two people got that one.
4. Somersaults *rofl
5. He wanted to keep the CPUs cool *rofl

StrangeRanger

Just Another Heathen
Hey yall, sorry I'm late! Thank you for the tag @Legate Lanius, needed some fun jokes with the week I had! :D I'm too tired to brainstorm riddles for now but I will for sure tackle these questions.

I definitely want to do more fun adventurous stuff with my boyfriend, just explore really, I want to say up to take a trip to the coast.

Q2. Have you ever done mind-altering drugs (optional: tell us about the trip)?

Yes I have.......a few, & a number of times. I had a bad problem with this for a span of 3 or 4 years. I don't touch any sort of thing like that anymore, I'd feel more comfortable sharing in chat box if anyone is interested in what I've experienced during those times. I do have quite a few tales I am very open to share.

Q3. If you could only eat/drink five food items for the rest of your life, which would they be? Hmmm, Salad, soup, sandwiches, pasta & maybe fruit cocktail? I feel like there's a tad loop hole there for variety with such limited options 🥗🤔

No one! I'd never! 🤭

Great question friend. I guess I'm just trying to keep things tied together with all my being, really pushing for a new. I don't have a clue where I will end up or how far I will get but it feels good to keep on keeping on, even with inner & outer turmoils.

Baywasp

I know the world turns and it will turn on me
SF Supporter
Thanks for the tag @Legate Lanius
I totally meant to check in here earlier but it kinda slipped my mind for a while.
Q1: When I’m able to I’d love to see my mom. She was going to come visit me last spring but then the lockdown happened.

Q2: Never really tripped. I drink alcohol and smoke weed and snorted Adderall once, which I didn’t like.

Q5: I’m hopefully pursuing a career in psychology research.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00