• Please read the thread in Forum News and Announcements pertaining to race related discussion on SF - thank you :)

Jim's Cafe Thursday 26th November 🌈

Champagne

✯✯ Heart of an angel ✯✯
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hey all, welcome to today's cafe, I hope you are all doing well and feeling good, try and keep the spirits high... 🌈😊 What are you up to today? Any cool and exciting plans? Please share.

Here is some coffee and chocolate to get the day started.

1606358264326.png

I found this quote and it really resonates with me, makes me think deep, anyone else feel the same way? 1606357367978.png

And for some positive uplifting quotes for today;

1606357426829.png 1606357446152.png 1606357456062.png

Who was your first celebrity crush, and are you still crushing on them?

If you could use magic to do one mundane task for the rest of your life, what would it be? (Bonus question: What would you name the spell?)

What is one band or musician you would love to party with?

What’s the strangest purchase you’ve made or almost made online?

What is the best excuse for being late you’ve heard or used?

If you could make the ultimate sandwich, what would be on it?

Have a spectacular day everyone, every day is a new day, a fresh start, a new beginning, a step towards a whole new you and your recovery, please stay safe everyone and enjoy the day as much as you possibly can 🌈

Last edited:

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Forum Pro
SF Supporter
thank you for opening the cafe and inviting me @Champagne

now for the hard questions

1. we are having thanksgiving dinner here and one of my sons and my daughter and her hubby are coming.

2. celebrity crush : donny osmond, i knew i was bi at a young age lol. and no don't still have a crush on him.

3. mundane task : going to the bathroom to take a dump. the name of my spell would be " shit be gone "

4. bnd i'd party with : zztop

5. strangest thing i bought or lmost bought online : i almost bought a classic car on ebay

6. late excuse : i forgot it was supposed to be done today

7. ultimate sandwhich : lobster, crab, with mayo

mike

KM76710

SWCA3110-SWHF625
SF Supporter
Nothing planned for the day with the lockdowns.

Linda Ronstadt. Still pretty but both of us are now old, if we were both young... LOL

If you could use magic to do one mundane task for the rest of your life, what would it be? (Bonus question: What would you name the spell?)

Cooking. Feed me would be the spell name.

It can vary depending on who I have been listening to currently Johnny Cash who is a favorite of mine.

Almost made was an is-was, old circular slide rule that US submarine crews used between World War I and World War II for figuring out torpedo attacks.

Distended anus, I tried using that excuse but was told, get your stupid distended ass in to work.

I am pretty simple, a patty melt with bacon, cheese, but I never cared for the texture of the grilled onions so I skip those: grillled/toasted rye, hamburger patty, bacon, cheese.

Witty⭐️Sarcasm ⭐️

Renegade banshee
SF Supporter
I don't really remember, but I used to have crushes on cartoon characters like Beetlejuice. lol

To clean the apartment by itself. I would call it the Self-Cleaning Spell. I'm not creative at all. haha

Led Zeppelin

I was gonna buy....well I honestly can't remember the name for it now but it's something common. Oh I know, a megaphone to talk to my mom since she can't hear me most of the time. :P

1606365300245.png

Something with steak, seafood, and lots of cheese.

Human Ex Machinae

Void Where Prohibited
Who was your first celebrity crush
Jeannie aka Barbara Eden
and are you still crushing on them?
Absolutely
If you could use magic to do one mundane task for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Clean the litter box
(Bonus question: What would you name the spell?)
HEM's Spell Of Turd Banishment
Robert Plant. I'd be curious to see if he always sounds like a Chihuahua that got its tail caught in a swinging door, or if it's just when he's singing.
A back scratcher on Amazon
My uncle died. When I used that excuse, he'd already been dead for 15 years. Guess it took a long time to sink in
I haven't had a decent turkey club in way too long, so I'd have one of those.

extraterrestrialone

assembled words vs disjointed thought
SF Supporter
What are you up to today? its already today for a change @Champagne and i’m here now instead of later/late. thanks for the café and invite!!! quite glad to be here and that its now because i can get more sleep in a while before the rest of today. i’ll need it - being thanksgiving day here i’ll be doing the dinner and we and the extended family(ies) will be doing a zoom.

Any cool and exciting plans? well, i guess the above are the plans. but being in the kitchen with challenges won’t necessarily be cool. the challenges: making a turkey dinner in an average size toaster oven because the real oven does not work. well, i decided to skip the turkey but the dinner may very well end up being chicken stuffed stuffing (turkey flavored stuffing) and of course the usual sides a la stove top.

I found this quote and it really resonates with me, makes me think deep, anyone else feel the same way? people have always tended to leave me to my own devices. at this point lets not think about the “mistakes” and the “long time”...

Who was your first celebrity crush, and are you still crushing on them? perhaps Emma Peel! (Diana Rigg), maybe Sandy Denny, maybe Glenda Jackson. i don’t know if or when crush actually happened. but i’m afraid to say that once a crush, always a crush. so yeah! i guess. sigh...

If you could use magic to do one mundane task for the rest of your life, what would it be? (Bonus question: What would you name the spell?) i’ve already been doing that - surviving - don’t know how else i’m still around but it has been kind of mundane. the irony may be that i named it hijacker!

What is one band or musician you would love to party with? one? Gentle Giant? Daft Punk? Lily Allen? Billie Eilish? Rose Royce? A Taste of Honey? The Hu? Cookin on Three Burners? & Kylie Auldist. but there are so many more who are just not coming to mind at this particular moment. any and all... anyway, i don’t think i’m really known for partying but i’d still like to say hello.

What’s the strangest purchase you’ve made or almost made online? too strange. not answering this one!

What is the best excuse for being late you’ve heard or used? heard - “i was shot”. apparently he had been.

If you could make the ultimate sandwich, what would be on it? just really fat pastrami on rye or a kaiser roll would be fairly ultimate. or 2 or 3 sunnyside ups over bacon and cheddar also on rye toast is fairly ultimate. even just all natural peanut butter (creamy of course) and cream cheese and raspberry jam on rye or white is ultimate. but maybe the best would be a poppy seed bagel with loads of cream cheese and even more lox.

happy thanksgiving to all who are celebrating. and or happy thursday to all.

they say there will be rain today. i say there will be 🌞🌞🌞

Last edited:

MosesY

Functioning Alcoholic
SF Supporter
THank you @Champagne for opening the cafe and inviting me.

Hey all, welcome to today's cafe, I hope you are all doing well and feeling good, try and keep the spirits high... 🌈😊 What are you up to today? Any cool and exciting plans? Please share.

I am doing well and feeling good. I am working on some lanterns today. About noon I am going to make breakfast for Thanksgiving dinner for my friend and I. I had plans to go to a big family gathering but everyone was backing out because of COVID so I canceled those plans. For Thanksgiving dinner I am making bacon, sausages, sausage gravy, fried potatoes, biscuits, and scrambled eggs.

I did not have television growing up, did not watch much tv until I began dating my girlfriend that I married. I was about 21 years old when I began noticing Sandra Bullock. I have loved her ever since. A huge fan.

Sandra.jpg

I would use a spell to brush my teeth. I would call it NOEEL1999.

https://www.wattpad.com/64006373-book-of-spells-teeth-whitening-spell

Scuzz Twitly

Don't really recall ordering anything strange.

Never heard a good excuse for being late.

Subway's black forest ham. Double the meat, double pepperjack cheese, toasted. A little bit of lettuce, lots of onions, black olives, green peppers, pickles. Lots of mayonnaise and spicy mustard.

Legate Lanius

Will spend less time online, afk 4 a few months
thx4inv
Can't remember, can remember that I am constantly having crushes on at least one tenth of all women I see, tho. Prob bc I've never had a gf and am sooo lonelyyy buuhuu
Kill myself, call it the "imbecile remover".
I've never partied in my entire life so I can't do that.
Bought a ring once.
"Whatever, call the cops."
Salmon with the right kind of bread, some nice dressing.

Jayjay289

Jay Jay from the UK
SF Pro
Who was your first celebrity crush, and are you still crushing on them? Phillipa Forresta and yes I still am, she is a babe

If you could use magic to do one mundane task for the rest of your life, what would it be? (Bonus question: What would you name the spell?) cook the dinner for me!

What is one band or musician you would love to party with? hmmm I think id like to say Mumford and Sons, I love Folk music and bands and with this i get the best of both!

What’s the strangest purchase you’ve made or almost made online? very rare do i buy on line

What is the best excuse for being late you’ve heard or used? I always used to be late for work and one day I used the following! " sorry I am late I thought i ran over a cat and when i stopped to rescue the cat it turned out to be a loaf of bread"

If you could make the ultimate sandwich, what would be on it? Cheese, ham, pickle and cucumber :)

Mremptyinside

- Who was your first celebrity crush, and are you still crushing on them? -
1. Never actually had one. Never cared about celebretis if i think about it. i only had crushes on ppl surrounding me^^

- If you could use magic to do one mundane task for the rest of your life, what would it be? (Bonus question: What would you name the spell?) -
2. i think cleaning the room or house, calling it "pritty pllllssssss" (and then everything starts to sparke and shine and ur just in awww with a big open mouth just looking till you notice ur looking stupid XD )

- What is one band or musician you would love to party with? -
3. i guess its another of those celebrity tipe of questions i could not really answer XD i just listen and thank ppl who did the musik and am in aw if the music or theyr voice stunns me but i would not really like to really meet or some such thing... the only pearson that would come to mind and also only because she is someone whos live recovery story i respect a hella lot would be: Janet Devlin

- What’s the strangest purchase you’ve made or almost made online? -
4. O_O omg i did so many ! LOL mhhhhhhhh a toilet sceleton whos holding the toilet paper XD was a gift to my sister XD

- What is the best excuse for being late you’ve heard or used? -
5. " Sorry i slept in" / overslept

- If you could make the ultimate sandwich, what would be on it? -
6. salat, tomato, cucumber, chicken stripes, majonese.

Lane

SF Supporter
Good morning. Thanks for opening cafe and tagging me @Champagne. Coffee n chocolate looks really good.

1) the Fonz. I really dont know. But I thought he was cool the way he'd snap his fingers and the girls would be there. Young me was impressed.

2) clean the shower for mundane task.

3) Halestorm. Some 80's bands like Depeche Mode, U2, Killers.

4) orchid dirt. (Plant didn't make it anyway, now have all this stupid dirt) 😏

5) excuse.

Me: kitchen fire

boss: you were cooking that early? What were you making?

ME: fish

Boss: who cooks fish at 5 in the morning?

Me. *hiya
--------------------------------------------------------------
6) ultimate sandwich are the ones my mother used to make me. Screenshot_20201126-044913_Chrome.jpg

Inya

babaya gayolera
Thank you for inviting me @Champagne. Let's see if I have enough energy to answer a few questions.

What are you up to today?
Staying in bed, I’m not capable of much else.

Any cool and exciting plans?
To kill the virus as soon as possible.

Vacuuming...dust extermination.

Garlic mayo on one half of whole wheat seeded ciabatta and sour cream with a little salt on the other,
very thin slices of bacon with black pepper, hungarian salami,
gouda, brie, gorgonzola,
cornichons, cherry tomatoes, red olives, capers,
cooked egg

Ok, this was unsuccessful attempt to wake up my apettite. Damn.

Happy thanksgiving to all Americans!

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$305.00
Goal
$255.00