Jim's cafe - Wed.Jan.5/22 (First cafe of 2022!) ;)

JMG

~ Peace and love to all ~
Hey everyone, never opened the first cafe of the year before despite being a member for over a decade now (will be 12 years in May, crazy) lol.

Anyway, I guess it makes sense that this be a kind of "new years" themed cafe, so here's a couple new year's themed questions. As always, feel free to only answer some or none at all if you prefer not to.
Hope everyone is well, wishing you all a very happy new year and also that you all have a nice day! :)

Questions:

1. Do you make new years resolutions? If yes, what are some you have for this year?
2. Did you do anything special for new years (ie go out somewhere to celebrate, to a party, etc...)?
3. Have you ever done anything special to celebrate new years?
4. What is something positive you are grateful for so far this year?
5. Do you have anything special planned this week and/or weekend? Or anything else you want to talk about?

Ok I try not to do more than 5 q's when I post these lol so those are the q's then.
Some tags (more to follow in separate posts since the limit is 8 or something like that) - @1964dodge @Sevven @kerplucked @Innocent Forever @Walker @Nick @Auri @Aurelia

JMG

~ Peace and love to all ~
Ok now my answers to the q's lol.

1. Do you make new years resolutions? If yes, what are some you have for this year?
Sometimes, over the last couple years I haven't as much though. I should again though cos it's good to make positive goals, just sux when I don't end up doing them, end up feeling guilty.

2. Did you do anything special for new years (ie go out somewhere to celebrate, to a party, etc...)?
No.

Think I did one year when I was a teen and I really didn't like it, the best part of the eve was when I got home after all of it. Woulda been more than happy to just hang out w/ my friend but she always got lots of attention when she went out so of course she enjoyed it. I would too if that were the case for me too. Anyway it's not so wtf ever.

Lots of things but especially the nice gifts my friend gave me the other day, my cat, mom, sis, Netflix, my iphone, the net, nature, art, beautiful pics and beautiful things in general.

5. Do you have anything special planned this week and/or weekend? Or anything else you want to talk about?

No to the anything special planned, always in terms of "anything else I want to talk about" lol but maybe best I don't get into anything right now. Pretty tired but wanted to get this cafe posted so now it is. Maybe I'll reply again later with more to say on something, will see I guess. Hope everyone has a nice day though :)

Saint Rita

Believe in yourself!
Nope.

Nope.

Nope.

Nope.

dandelion s

RAW, well done
SF Supporter
delightful holidays, seasons, spirits and all, everyone and @JMG !!!. me, I'm happy to be here - thank you much JMG🙂. How about some answers!!!
1. Do you make new years resolutions? If yes, what are some you have for this year? hmm, my new year resolutions are out of my hands. I've got the machine that does that for me and thus the good ones come with the bad. resolutions just the same.
2. Did you do anything special for new years (ie go out somewhere to celebrate, to a party, etc...)? I have two kids (adults anyway) who both, each arrived on the scene in December many long years ago - 10 days apart, so they each overshadow the holidays - and new year's eve caps it all off. so to answer your question, yes.
3. Have you ever done anything special to celebrate new years? I have an embarrassing story... 🤣
4. What is something positive you are grateful for so far this year? still being able to keep clinging to the same good notion - that I can... rather than not!!!
5. Do you have anything special planned this week and/or weekend? we'll, in part, the plan is not mine. my intensive therapy program ends and they are sending me off rather than letting me continue 😭. thats happening this week. and speaking about send offs, our son here visiting for the birthdays / holidays will be be heading home 😭. Or anything else you want to talk about? whoa, anything?!?!? talk?!?!? I've got everything to talk about!!!

happy 🌞🌼🌞🌼🌞, everyone!!! oh!!! don't let me forget, congrats @JMG on your many years here on SF🎂🎈.

Last edited:

Blue Star

Hey everyone, never opened the first cafe of the year before despite being a member for over a decade now (will be 12 years in May, crazy) lol.

Anyway, I guess it makes sense that this be a kind of "new years" themed cafe, so here's a couple new year's themed questions. As always, feel free to only answer some or none at all if you prefer not to.
Hope everyone is well, wishing you all a very happy new year and also that you all have a nice day! :)

Questions:

Ok I try not to do more than 5 q's when I post these lol so those are the q's then.
Some tags (more to follow in separate posts since the limit is 8 or something like that) - @1964dodge @Sevven @kerplucked @Innocent Forever @Walker @Nick @Auri @Aurelia
1 No
2. No
3 I think I stayed up to watch the sunrise one year.
4. I have new headphones
5. No

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
thank you for opening and inviting me @JMG . now for the questions

1. new years resolution : i don't make them anymore for obvious reasons

2. what i did for new years : nothing didn't even watch the ball go down lol

3. ever done anything to celebrate new years : when we were young we had friends over for drinks a few times, then we got a little older and spent time together and watched new years specials until midnight, then we got much older and went to bed but got up before midnight to say happy new year to each other, now we are OLD so we go to bed early and don't bother lol

4. something grateful for : my landlord isn't greedy. there is an affordable housing crises so apartments are expensive, my land lord only made one minor increase in 5 years.

5. plans this week : nothing much. hopefully get a few things done around the huse.

mike

Witty_Sarcasm

🦄🦜🧁🌈🌝💖
SF Supporter
Do you make new years resolutions? If yes, what are some you have for this year?
mostly the same, like to eat healthier and quit drinking.

No, I stayed at home.

Not for a while.

This site.

not much going on right now.

Livelife

SF Supporter
a Cafe*hi5thanks for it and the tag @JMG
1. I haven't made typical "resolutions" for years but I'm doing something with intention at the start of this year.....Attempting to hold 2 concepts in my daily thinking.... 'gratitude' and 'courage'.
2. I went to some friends' house for the day on New Year's Day.
3. A trip down memory lane..Before my closest friend died a few years ago we used to go to her house on New Year's Eve and celebrate, A good part of the evening would have an esoteric and elevating focus along with having silly fun. I would usually spend the night and some of us would continue time together on New Year's Day. There would be anywhere from 4-10 women over the decades we did this. We'd go outside at midnight and watch the fireworks because many in the area would set them off for a good hour or more:)
In my teens and early 20's I would go out with husband/friends/date and party at a club or someone's house.
4. I'm working on this one. I'll start with my physical health, having as much of it as I do at my age.
5. Outside as much as possible while the weather is behaving like spring.

Last edited:

Aves

Hi and thanks for the tag @JMG!

I have done before in the past but never stuck to them lol. I haven’t made any this year though, I thought I’d try and take it easy on myself :D

I went out for a nice meal with my husband in the afternoon but we stayed at home in the evening.

I’ve been to parties in the past but nothing really special or remarkable.

My family and my home.

Not particularly, I’m quite looking forward to a chippy tea tomorrow though lol.

Baywasp

I know the world turns and it will turn on me
SF Supporter
Thanks for the tag @JMG

No I don't tend to make resolutions. Though I do hope to get a job this year. (That was also my plan for last year. Didn't work out too well :/ )
Was planning on going to a friend's house on New Year's Eve, but then some of my roommates got sick, so I've been just isolating for a while since I haven't been able to get tested. So all I did was get some contactless pizza (and boneless wings) delivery.

Never gone to a New Year's party or anything like that, but there's usually a soccer game on New Year's Day, and I usually like to go out to watch those at the pub. I tend to just have a chill time on New Year's Eve.

The people I care about and who care about me.

I'll be done with my isolation this weekend. I have a coupon for $10 off at a certain group of restaurants that only works til the end of the month. I can use it multiple times, once per restaurant. Might see if I can use it on Sunday. Was hoping to go out to watch the Spurs game on Sunday, but I'm not sure if the pub will be open or not. Either way, it'll be nice to go out. Might stop by a few interesting stores in the neighborhood where the restaurant I'm planning to go to is.

Sunspots

To Wish Impossible Things
Admin
SF Supporter
Thanks so much for the tag @JMG :)

12 years??? Wow *faints

I was going to start a diet on Monday but my bathroom scales have gone missing. They're always in the bathroom so I've no idea what's happened to them, have searched the house from top to bottom. And it's pointless dieting if you don't have a starting point ;)

No, just stayed at home with extended family.

I took a pregnancy test on New Year's Eve 1995. One of the best moments of my life. With hindsight though I should have waited until the next day so I could have enjoyed a glass of bubbly at midnight 🤣

Rioja 🍷

Stupidly I volunteered to work at the vaccine clinic all weekend so sadly no time for anything fun. I shall be looking forward to a bubble bath, glass of wine and clean sheets :)

Auri

🎸🎶Metal Star🎵🥁
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Hi @JMG , thank you for opening this wonderful Café and Happy New Year to you! *hug

I have done it a few times, but recently they've been the same every year and I never managed any of them, so I don't feel like listing them this time. Maybe just "make progress in life". :)

Well I had covid, so... nope. ^^ I drank a coke while on a video call, and I spent some time in chat, we played skribble. :)

Sure. I spent many of them with friends. Once we went to the city center to see the fireworks. It was freezing, lol. In Sweden we went outside to drink the champagne in the snow. I spent a few NY eves at my best friends' place with her family, who are hilarious when they get drunk and sing Christmas songs.

I'm alive, I'm loved, the world still exists. (I would add "I'm healthy", but this post-covid cough hasn't stopped yet *huh)

I should be allowed to get out of self-isolation this weekend if I have no symptoms anymore, but as I said in question 3, still coughing... *dunno
I want to see my friends asap. ^^

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00