July healthy eating/exercise & weight loss challenge...

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
When I got to work I had a solid meal. Rice, meatballs and tzatziki. Then I got my usual exercise at work. That's it, haven't had any dinner yet. If I get hungry before I get sleepy I'll steam some broccoli and maybe have a ham sandwich.
Excellent work, well done. I had a high protein sweet chili chicken for dinner, bloody hell it was good and it comes in a take away carton (to give you the fast food feel)but its obviously not take away, the 37g of protein, comes with rice and broccoli, sweet chili sauce and a ton of chicken, its one of my favourites. Company is ''muscle food'' :)

Rockclimbinggirl

SF climber
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Awesome stuff, well done. I have never tasted chickpeas, how could you describe what they taste like? :)
I would say sort of like a nut and sort of grainy. It depends on how you prepare them. I buy mine in tin cans, but you can also buy them dried. Hummus is super yummy, you can make it yourself if you want. Roasted chickpeas are also yummy and roasting them makes them crunchy. (I buy my roasted ones from bulk bins) I also make curry with them.

Human Ex Machinae

Void Where Prohibited
Excellent work, well done. I had a high protein sweet chili chicken for dinner, bloody hell it was good and it comes in a take away carton (to give you the fast food feel)but its obviously not take away, the 37g of protein, comes with rice and broccoli, sweet chili sauce and a ton of chicken, its one of my favourites. Company is ''muscle food'' :)
Sounds yummy:) Protein is good for muscles. A long time ago I went through a brief vegetarian phase and at the same time was doing a lot of weight lifting and I hardly added any muscle mass. It wasn't till long after that I realized the problem was that I hadn't been getting enough protein.
Well, just decided that I'm hungry, so I'm going to go steam some broccoli. And I'll eat a banana, too. I've got chocolate ice cream but I'm going to save it for the weekend;)

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I would say sort of like a nut and sort of grainy. It depends on how you prepare them. I buy mine in tin cans, but you can also buy them dried. Hummus is super yummy, you can make it yourself if you want. Roasted chickpeas are also yummy and roasting them makes them crunchy. (I buy my roasted ones from bulk bins) I also make curry with them.
Sounds awesome will give it a try when I can :)

Sounds yummy:) Protein is good for muscles. A long time ago I went through a brief vegetarian phase and at the same time was doing a lot of weight lifting and I hardly added any muscle mass. It wasn't till long after that I realized the problem was that I hadn't been getting enough protein.
Well, just decided that I'm hungry, so I'm going to go steam some broccoli. And I'll eat a banana, too. I've got chocolate ice cream but I'm going to save it for the weekend;)
I know the importance of protein as like you I went through a vegetarian phase and was living off nuts and eggs lol. It's so important when you're working out a lot. I have had 2 protein bars today (normally have 1 daily) they taste so good they're basically a treat and so good for you if you choose the right ones. And 1 hour exercise, know i'm eating just the right amount to keep me going :) well done for passing on the ice cream :D

Woowoo

SF Artist
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Lol Petal I'm having sweet chilli chicken for dinner too. I've not been in long so is still coming. I'm having it with salad. I got a short walk on at lunchtime and I've done about 8500 steps today so not bad :)

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Tomorrow I want to get a longer walk in. Haven't done much exercise this week. What about you Petal?
Great goal, always good to be more active. Hope you have a lovely long walk in the sun.

I haven't been reaching my 5 portions of fruit and veg the last few days so i'm going to work on that and let that be my goal :)

Woowoo

SF Artist
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Great goal, always good to be more active. Hope you have a lovely long walk in the sun.

I haven't been reaching my 5 portions of fruit and veg the last few days so i'm going to work on that and let that be my goal :)
I haven't been very good at eating my 5 a day so far this week either. I probably only managed about 3 portions on Sunday, yesterday and today. Maybe I should have that as an additional goal for tomorrow.

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I haven't been very good at eating my 5 a day so far this week either. I probably only managed about 3 portions on Sunday, yesterday and today. Maybe I should have that as an additional goal for tomorrow.
Yeah, you could totally do that too :) What are your favourite fruit/veg?

Mine are bananas, pineapple, raspberries, mango, peas, carrots, broccoli.

Woowoo

SF Artist
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
It depends on my mood. At the moment in this hot weather I'm loving tomatoes, avocado, rocket and spinach. I bought some nectarines, strawberries and raspberries today so I've got plenty of fruit to snack on :)

Witty_Sarcasm

πŸ¦„πŸ¦œπŸ§πŸŒˆπŸŒπŸ’–
SF Supporter
Today I walked to the store because I had the day off. I bought grapes, raspberries, veggies, almonds, pistachios, and more. Eating a chicken breast, peas and carrots with butter, avocado, hard boiled egg with mayo. I'm increasing my fat intake a bit because I'm decreasing my sugar intake, which has been my main fuel source for so long. I need more fat, salt, and water to make up for the sugar lost.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00