Life Begins at 40........Oh Really?

Livelife

SF Supporter
I would give anything to be 40 again, I realize how young that actually is now of course even though I felt some of the time that the best years were behind me when I hit that year....the lens I had in place was limiting and wrong for me. There's so much that can be done and lived and enjoyed and experienced in the 40's and 50's. Too bad there's no go backs.*bleh

Leesa

I would give anything to be 40 again, I realize how young that actually is now of course even though I felt some of the time that the best years were behind me when I hit that year....the lens I had in place was limiting and wrong for me. There's so much that can be done and lived and enjoyed and experienced in the 40's and 50's. Too bad there's no go backs.*bleh
My 40s were my worst. Turning 50 has been devastating. I'll take my 30s back, please.

FFurry

SF Supporter
To some extent, 'life begins' whenever you want it I guess.
It's just that in my 40s, I don't have the energy/ balls to go for it. It's biology - my knees crack when I bend them, I always feel my body can't make a decent range of movement

Perhaps it's an isolation thing? I had friends then who I could vent to and then move on from it. It really does get harder making friends as you get older - or did I just get lazy?
It's both physical and social, I think. I remember the days when I could squeeze into a subcompact car with no trouble, whereas now it feels like I'm breaking bones and tearing joints (though maybe it's at least partly psychosomatic). In terms of meeting others, most people's circles are firmly set with their families, friends, colleagues, neighbors, etc. I don't think laziness figures into this much -- this just seems to be the way society works. It's certainly a great deal easier in school, which is sort of the "standard" time when friendships are made.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$110.00
Goal
$255.00