• IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Please read THIS THREAD about a rebrand for SF.

Looks or personality?

F

frizziidizzle

#21
personality more but looks is an average :)
with love even if the have some distingushed features.. (ugly) they look beautiful in the eyes of love
 

$MyName

Well-Known Member
#22
guess it depends what you would define as a girl with little looks.

Personality is definitely the most important part to me, it weighs heavily into how I feel about anyone, not just a girl I would date. I don't know if it's just me, but when I like someone (based on their personality) I seem to automatically see past flaws that I might see in their looks if I didn't like them... I don't do it on purpose it, I seem to have no control over it at all, and I quite like it that way... So to answer the question I guess I'm the hypocritical type you were after? I'd take all personality thanks.
 

Issaccs

Well-Known Member
#23
Its kind of redundunt considering that as a general rule people will see someone attractive and then place posotive personality traits onto a person based on their looks.

But I'll admit to be shallow fucker, I wont date anyone I don't find attractive and I'll just manipulate peoples personalities to my liking anyway.
 
H

HappyAZaClaM

#26
Remember to know the meaning of idioms before you use them as well ;)
oh yes? which Idiot...sorry, idiom did I use incorrectly now, Mrs. KnuckleWhapper?

I were just funnin ya about bein a christian. I have seen other posts
where you question Gods behavior in fact. I gather you are a lapppTHed
CathoLic? THufferin Thuccotash, another lapppTHed catholic :biggrin:

lot of that going around :rolleyes:
 
H

HappyAZaClaM

#27
Remember to know the meaning of idioms before you use them as well ;)
no improper idioms there, Mrs KnuckleWhapper :dry:

I checked. might be a dangling chad or a consecrated partisickle or 2, but keine ein Idiom, das unsachgemäß verwendet wurde :biggrin:

nada. si
 
H

HappyAZaClaM

#28
Yay for making a topic that's bound to be infested with hypocrisy!

Simple question. Do you prefer a girl/guy with all looks and little personality, all personality and little looks, or an above average balance of both?

Personality, I prefer the third one. I think that anyone who says they're all for personality regardless of how ugly the person is are lying and haven't been in such situation ):

And no, looking for a girl who takes care of the way she looks isn't shallow or superficial.
in response to your goofy quiz, I like your answer best. I'll go with that.
reasonably attrictive and not too many latent pyschopathic traits :wink:

though, a little crazy would be more fun than someone who is fascinated
by shiny objects. a Jeapordy watcher as opposed to a Wheel of Fortune
fan, as it were.
 

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
#29
IMO personality is much more important than looks,so i'd have to say the second choice~all personality with little looks.
 

Eric

Well-Known Member
#30
oh yes? which Idiot...sorry, idiom did I use incorrectly now, Mrs. KnuckleWhapper?

I were just funnin ya about bein a christian. I have seen other posts
where you question Gods behavior in fact. I gather you are a lapppTHed
CathoLic? THufferin Thuccotash, another lapppTHed catholic :biggrin:

lot of that going around :rolleyes:
I'm a Catholic who questions God and likes to see both sides of the story. Please tell me if there's anything wrong with questioning my beliefs rather than following like a sheep.
 
H

HappyAZaClaM

#31
I'm a Catholic who questions God and likes to see both sides of the story. Please tell me if there's anything wrong with questioning my beliefs rather than following like a sheep.
I can't tell you that, Eric. I question my beliefs too. I aint ezzactly
a total heathen my own self. never been bapticized. been cirHcumdcized,
never bapticized though. so what?

I had a rather lengthy and dysfunctional semi LDR with a catholic
girl, lady, woman, we were both 40-ish then. about a 45 minute drive
house to house. started out, her as a cocktail waitress, me in a band
filling in for the band that was on vacation where she worked, 45 minutes
away from my own humble abode. long story short, she went back ta schoo,
became a prop'ty manager, started workin days, yada yada...
I found a church called Unity Of The Southwest. went to the bookstore
ever day, went to service ever sunday. my "girlfriend" wanted nothing to do with the place. it was
the first time in my life I felt like I was starting to know God. my whole family of origin are agnostic/athiests.
it's a little weird.

anyway, I loved her 2 dogs and that church, so I hung out a little too
long. finally had to bail. haven't been to church since. it was great though.
I really liked it there.

so, I can't tell you there's anything wrong with questioning your beliefs
about religion, God, or anything. I'd question ever body else beliefs too,
were I thou :)

I'm sure ya do
 
H

HappyAZaClaM

#33
I'm a Catholic who questions God and likes to see both sides of the story. Please tell me if there's anything wrong with questioning my beliefs rather than following like a sheep.
all of emersons known published works are available to purchase or
check out and look at/read etc..from the unity bookstores.

this is in no way any validation whatsoever that emerson believed in
the church of unity. rather, they believed in him. for what it's worth.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ralph_Waldo_Emerson
 

Colourful

Well-Known Member
#34
At first it's looks. That's what catches my eye, and if they have a nice presonality then it's all good :) But also if i've known someone for quite long and they have a nice personality but aren't that good looking i might start to be attracted to them..
I'm not shallow at all, but looks are nice...to some extent
 

minion

Well-Known Member
#38
for me it's a mixture between personality and looks. I know better than to fall for that 'oh my god' hunk of a guy, cause most likely the personality isn't good or he's about as smart as a box of rocks.
 

SAVE_ME

Well-Known Member
#39
Personally, I prefer personality, although there still has to be that attraction there too. That's my view anyway, but unfortunately all the girls around where I live are too superficial. What I don't understand is why all the good looking ones are a**holes and vice versa.
 

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$0.00
Goal
$255.00
Top