Man, I messed up...

So last week, I got sick. Just miserably sick. Couldn't move without nausea. Finally sucked it up and did the big girl thing and went to the urgent care. Urgent care goes nuts and thinks it's a "sustained appendicitis" (not a thing, btw) and rushes me off to the ER.

I was feeling so yucky, and had antibiotics to take so I opted to take a personal leave of absence from work. They take time to approve the absences, but tell you to go ahead and take them.

I'm so scared that I'm going to get fired when I come back, or that the leave won't be approved and I'll be responsible for the time missed. My anxiety keeps telling me that I'm getting fired no matter what, even though I was recently promoted. If I lose my job, I'm gonna be homeless, there's no way around it.

I really love my job, and my evil little lizard brain keeps telling me that by taking time to heal and take care of myself, I don't deserve to keep the job I love.

Thanks for reading this!

Sunspots

To Wish Impossible Things
Admin
SF Supporter
Surely your employer wouldn't fire you because you were sick? You can prove you were sent and treated at the ER.

What does your employment contract say about sickness absence?

If you had documented medical treatment, it seems unlikely that you would be fired. I hear what you're saying though when you say that brain is telling you something different

Sassy Cat

SF hugger
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Hugs glad things turned out okay isn't it crazy how things never turn out how you think they will. Hugs stays safe and remember this they next time your brain goes into over drive I know that isn't easy but remember and keep up the hope

JmpMster

Owner Emeritus
So last week, I got sick. Just miserably sick. Couldn't move without nausea. Finally sucked it up and did the big girl thing and went to the urgent care. Urgent care goes nuts and thinks it's a "sustained appendicitis" (not a thing, btw) and rushes me off to the ER.

I was feeling so yucky, and had antibiotics to take so I opted to take a personal leave of absence from work. They take time to approve the absences, but tell you to go ahead and take them.

I'm so scared that I'm going to get fired when I come back, or that the leave won't be approved and I'll be responsible for the time missed. My anxiety keeps telling me that I'm getting fired no matter what, even though I was recently promoted. If I lose my job, I'm gonna be homeless, there's no way around it.

I really love my job, and my evil little lizard brain keeps telling me that by taking time to heal and take care of myself, I don't deserve to keep the job I love.

Thanks for reading this!
Sorry for the anxiety physical ill even worse. Is a curse for many conscientious employees. Which i suspect your employer recognized- you are conscientious and love job and do well - so they promoted-- and so they will also likely know is you are off sick it is because are very sick. I will tell you from the other side of the conversation I always used to worry when my good people missed time that they had actually taken time to look for different job or had taken a different job and would get anxious about that-- just thought i might share that a s a reminder they may be as anxious about you missing time uncharacteristically as you are about missing it. I would say don't worry about it - but that is impossible, I will say don't catastrophize it though- even losing job does not mean homeless next week, at worse it means a headache and stress of getting a new job which given you are doing well enough to get promoted where are would not be as difficult as you might believe- nto the optimal situation but no, not the end of the world .

Hope you feel better - completely better- and are back to work soon .

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00