1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

May healthy eating/exercise challenge? Come join us!

Discussion in 'Self Care and Healthy Lifestyles' started by Petal, Apr 30, 2018.

1. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

OK. So some people did good in April, want to share your secrets with us who are struggling?

OK. Some of us didn't do so well and gained weight but we have a brand new month to change things around.

I think we should all make a goal and see if we can stick to it. I hope to lose a stone (14lbs) this May as a kick start to my weight loss but I am going to need ye're support and strength. My diet is simple, just lots of healthy foods combined with light exercise. Will try to curb comfort eating. Will try to drink more water. Take vitamins daily.

Going to tag some folks who were involved in the last challenge but anyone is welcome to join.

@Aprilflowers7 @Woowoo @Citizen Insane @Witty_Sarcasm @Innocent Forever @Kiwi2016 @Ruben @Leav @DrownedFishOnFire @sassy123 @nobodyknows71

What is your goal for May?

Last edited: Apr 30, 2018
  2. HumanExMachina

HumanExMachina Pizza Spaceman Forum Pro SF Supporter

My goal is to continue focusing on the amount of food that this body needs, as opposed to the amount of food that this mind has become accustomed to for entertainment.

3. Innocent Forever

Innocent Forever Go as long as you can. And then take another step. Chat Pro SF Supporter

My goal is the same as last months. I kept to my last months but not properly, sometimes kinda cheated. My goal was breakfast and 10 minutes of exercise everyday. Often enough I counted as my 5 minute walk to school and 5 min back as the 10 minutes (which it kinda is, but kinda isn't) and counted anything as breakfast.
    Good luck to us all :)

DrownedFishOnFire, Woowoo and Petal like this.
  4. Woowoo

Woowoo SF Pro SF Supporter

I forgot to weigh myself this morning so I'm not sure what my final achievement was for April in terms of any weight loss. But I didn't exercise as much as I wanted or drink enough water. I'll with myself tomorrow morning and set myself a goal then.

DrownedFishOnFire and Petal like this.
  5. Kiwi2016

Kiwi2016 Forum Pro

Well i managed to cut down on cheese but alas substituted pistachios hummus and chips so probaly a wash...so lost maybe a pound or two...did pretty good with swimming in am and on half day volunteering at horse camp put mucking wheelbarrow outside large pens so had to walk back and forth ...still smoki g though.. sigh...

6. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Seeing is Believing Forum Pro SF Supporter

My plan is to drop a good 5 lbs anymore than that is a plus for the month of may and reduce the amount of sweets i am eating as well.

Do more planks for the month of may and see if it helps the ab core strength as well.

Woot go everyone! thanks for the reminder @Petal

Petal likes this.
  7. Aprilflowers7

Aprilflowers7 Well-Known Member

If I do buy sweets, it is the Atkins kind or I am cutting back extensively. I bought Atkins peanut butter cups and they are pretty good. I also bought string cheese.

8. sassy123

sassy123 SF hugger Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

Okay I want to lose 8 pounds but will be happy to lose 5 pounds. I want to at least do weights 2 times a week I would also like to walk 4 times a week hopefully more. I hopefully didn’t gain too much today going out to eat :eek::( But it was a nice dinner out with my parents and nephews. Back on the wagon tomorrow :p:rolleyes:

9. Petal

Love all of ye're positive and uplifting replies =) Great monthly goals :) You can achieve them.

How about having a goal a day to help us get where we want to be and to help us succeed, mine for today is to do 20 minutes exercise, anything upwards is a bonus.

DrownedFishOnFire likes this.
  10. Woowoo

Right, this month I'm going to do better. My goals are:

* Continue walking at least 3 times a week like I did in April, but aim for 4 and also do some toning exercises at least twice a week.
    * Eat more healthily. Aim for at least 3 portions of fruit or veg a day.
    * Drink more water. Aim for at least a litre a day.
    * Lose 4 pounds.

11. Woowoo

My goal for today is to walk for at least 30 minutes. The Sun is shining so it shouldn't be too difficult to get motivated.

12. Petal

Best of luck @Woowoo You can do it. I believe in you :) Enjoy your walk x

13. Petal

I did my 20 minute exercise goal for today, yay :)

14. Woowoo

That's great @Petal well done. I met my goal for the day too. I actually walked for over an hour. A great start to the month for us both :)

15. Petal

Delighted for you hun, wow @ more than an hour, that is insanely good. That's totally awesome, we are officially dieting buddies :p

You must have been something like this lol

[​IMG]

16. Woowoo

Lol, that was exactly me (without the running bit!) I did reward myself with a large coffee and a couple of biscuits when I got home (but I hadn't had any breakfast so didn't feel too bad about the biscuits!)

17. Petal

hahaha I knew you would like that meme :p

Treats can help motivate us so I agree - don't feel bad about it :) It's part of the game.

Just out of interest have you ever drank green tea? Apparently it has been proven in studies to have lots of health benefits and be good for weight loss. A lot of people drink it for those reasons that it increases your metabolism. Just thought of it cos I knew something was missing off my shopping list.

18. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Seeing is Believing Forum Pro SF Supporter

My goal for the day: do not cave in and buy sweets and drink at least 4 cups of H2O without any addition in it other than ice and do 10 minutes of weights and planks

Petal and Woowoo like this.
  19. Woowoo

Yeah I like green tea Petal. I didn't realise it's good for weight loss though. I'll have to drink more of it!! :)

20. Petal

Yeah it sure is, look into it on google to get more info but definitely good for weight loss. Glad that you like it 'cos a lot of people don't like the taste so that is a bonus :)

Good luck with your daily goal @DrownedFishOnFire you can do this =) We're all here to help and guide each other.