Ideas & Opinions Mental Health Apps for Smartphones.

Champagne

✯✯ Heart of an angel ✯✯
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hi everyone, good morning. :)

I was just looking through the mental health apps on the google store and there is a gazillion of them, I'm not looking for diagnostic apps, but in general every day apps to keep a record such as mood diaries or even well being trackers, there are so many, I have no idea which one to choose *faints Maybe others SF'er's are using some?

Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks in advance.

Also - in general if there are any other great apps out there on any subject that you find useful, please share those hidden gems with us. *grouphug2

johnDoen

Outsider in the Realm of Lost and Found
Hi everyone, good morning. :)

I was just looking through the mental health apps on the google store and there is a gazillion of them, I'm not looking for diagnostic apps, but in general every day apps to keep a record such as mood diaries or even well being trackers, there are so many, I have no idea which one to choose *faints Maybe others SF'er's are using some?

Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks in advance.

Also - in general if there are any other great apps out there on any subject that you find useful, please share those hidden gems with us. *grouphug2
I used an iOS app called "Cove". Basically, it allows you to make music according to your mood by clicking.

Holding my breath

SF Pro
SF Supporter
I used an iOS app called "Cove". Basically, it allows you to make music according to your mood by clicking.
Sounds like a good/fun app 😀

I have a couple which I use. One is called Better Stop. It’s free and is aimed at people in crisis to help you deescalate. I find it very useful and use it quite a lot. There are a couple of audio recordings to listen to which I find very soothing.

The other is Headspace. This app has come a long way from when I first started using it. It helped me to finally fall asleep last night. You can pay for the full version but the free version has been enough for my needs. Again Andy had such a calming voice, can’t help but start to relax when I hear it.

Lastly there is one called Action for Happiness. It is a forum type but people post positive and inspirational posts and photos etc. There is a diary each month of different things to try all aimed at helping you find positivity and happiness.

So there is my three suggestions, literally from one extreme to the other. To take you from crisis to happiness. Hope you find them helpful. *hug Xx

A_J_R

Sounds like a good/fun app 😀

I have a couple which I use. One is called Better Stop. It’s free and is aimed at people in crisis to help you deescalate. I find it very useful and use it quite a lot. There are a couple of audio recordings to listen to which I find very soothing.

The other is Headspace. This app has come a long way from when I first started using it. It helped me to finally fall asleep last night. You can pay for the full version but the free version has been enough for my needs. Again Andy had such a calming voice, can’t help but start to relax when I hear it.

Lastly there is one called Action for Happiness. It is a forum type but people post positive and inspirational posts and photos etc. There is a diary each month of different things to try all aimed at helping you find positivity and happiness.

So there is my three suggestions, literally from one extreme to the other. To take you from crisis to happiness. Hope you find them helpful. *hug Xx
Just grabbed Better Stop. Thank you!

sinking_ship

woman overboard
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I use iMoodJournal. It's just a 1-10 rating of mood, but when you rate you can also add notes. I usually will write in my meds when I take them, or include a couple of words to describe my mood. It's simple and good for watching over time if things are going up or down.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00