Musings, ideas, what are you thinking about?

Gonz

₲‹›Ŋʑ
It’s not that good Gonz is fake, good Gonz is who Gonz wants to be. It’s that absence of bad, along with the good, is fake. I don’t know how to be good, other than by suppressing the bad shit. But the bad shit starts backing up and overflowing and eventually ends up all over the fucking place and, even after it’s been cleaned up, there’s a certain smell that lingers.

Great, best metaphor I can come up with for how my mind works is a plugged up toilet. The fuck does that say?

Nick

☆☆Admin-tastic ☆☆
Safety & Support
SF Social Media
SF Artist
SF Supporter
It’s not that good Gonz is fake, good Gonz is who Gonz wants to be. It’s that absence of bad, along with the good, is fake. I don’t know how to be good, other than by suppressing the bad shit. But the bad shit starts backing up and overflowing and eventually ends up all over the fucking place and, even after it’s been cleaned up, there’s a certain smell that lingers.

Great, best metaphor I can come up with for how my mind works is a plugged up toilet. The fuck does that say?
Dude! I totally get that. You just described me too. I'm not sure it says anything about us though, ya know? It says we aren't perfect and when we try to pretend to be perfect it comes out a pile of shit. You try to be prefect and in the end it all blows up in your face and it worse than if you'd just let it ride to begin with. That's a pretty good metaphor man, I'm not thinking that says anything other than the gears still spin in there.

HappyKitty

Works during the day, doodles at night.
Lol so entertaining to see you getting scolded by your boss everyday. Its refreshing that its not me. If she's working in my industry, I swear, she could just get terminated over night. She's so lucky.

Baywasp

I know the world turns and it will turn on me
SF Supporter
I'm glad we don't have any deaf or hard-of-hearing students in my Tests and Measures classes for their sake... the automatic transcripts of the professor's videos have ridiculous mistakes on them. For example, "Take care; talk to you soon" became "Take care of Pakistan."
I got a good laugh out of it though

Auri

🎸🎶Metal Star🎵🥁
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
I'm glad we don't have any deaf or hard-of-hearing students in my Tests and Measures classes for their sake... the automatic transcripts of the professor's videos have ridiculous mistakes on them. For example, "Take care; talk to you soon" became "Take care of Pakistan."
I got a good laugh out of it though
lol That made me laugh too. It's nice he puts them though. :)

Baywasp

I know the world turns and it will turn on me
SF Supporter
When I typed “My s” on my phone and was going to say “stomach” it suggested “My son.” I definitely don’t have one of those. The only Son I talk about is Son Heung-Min.
1585728459459.jpeg

Gonz

₲‹›Ŋʑ
Dogs man. Dogs are just the fuckin' best. Here you've got a species that is already extremely social, comparatively speaking, and you take a subset of them and spend literally tens of thousands of years selectively breeding them for friendliness, and when you word it like that it sounds more sinister than it really is, but then the end result is this bundle of fur and the purest love you will ever experience. And it's why cruelty towards them (all animals in general, but dogs in particular) is rightly seen as being especially despicable by most people. It's because they trust us so fucking much, we've spent literal eons breeding it into them, that when one of us breaks that trust we feel a certain amount of guilt on top of the anger toward the perpetrator and sympathy for the dog. That's why we call it "kicking the dog" when a character in fiction does something that is intended to show the audience that they are pure irredeemable evil.

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Dogs man. Dogs are just the fuckin' best. Here you've got a species that is already extremely social, comparatively speaking, and you take a subset of them and spend literally tens of thousands of years selectively breeding them for friendliness, and when you word it like that it sounds more sinister than it really is, but then the end result is this bundle of fur and the purest love you will ever experience. And it's why cruelty towards them (all animals in general, but dogs in particular) is rightly seen as being especially despicable by most people. It's because they trust us so fucking much, we've spent literal eons breeding it into them, that when one of us breaks that trust we feel a certain amount of guilt on top of the anger toward the perpetrator and sympathy for the dog. That's why we call it "kicking the dog" when a character in fiction does something that is intended to show the audience that they are pure irredeemable evil.
cruelty to animals is a crime that in most sttes carry a jail or prison sentence and should. my state is one that takes it seriously and for willful neglect or abuse they prosecute and try for jail terms. i've seen some shows of rescues from abuse or severe and neglect. i saw the eyes of the dog and they look like why did you do this. thier eyes are so sad. i don't know how anyone can abuse an animal and especially a dog and look at thier eyes. maybe the sentence should be do to them what they did to the dog...mike...*rant:mad:

KM76710

Kangaroo Manager
SF Pro
SF Supporter
I agree with the above two comments. Anybody who would harm an innocent animal has a head full of bad wiring. Dogs have become part of the human family. Pretty much daily you can read stories of dogs that have protected and defended us folks often at risk of their own safety and lives.

Affirm

Public Access
I hear a lot about how linguistical writing is a top 10 coping mechanism, but audio journaling seems faint of mention. Trying it out next Wednesday to see if I'm perhaps just wrong. And, if I'm not, I'll have something to occupy my time, which I have way too much of to spend wasting or thinking of dark thoughts, which continues down the 10 km stretch.

Intuitively I'd think it to be superior, due to having tones of voice, how loud you are, not having to concentrate on legibility, hoarseness, etc. However, people swear by the the other, so eh. I can see myself being distracted and annoyed by my voice, but that's just insecurity talking. It's probably just a case by case basis thing.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00