• Please read the thread in Forum News and Announcements pertaining to race related discussion on SF - thank you :)

Musings, ideas, what are you thinking about?

Nick

☆☆Still Ducking Fantastic ☆☆
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Done Christmas shopping! I've only slightly overspent the budget, and need to keep it that way. There is the "I overspent Christmas" budget as well, because when it comes to buying gifts I can't seem to stay on target :D. They should be slowing trickling in over the next few days from their various online retailers. *stars
I'm excited for people to open them! I even bought wrapping paper! Going all out this year.

Inanimate

By casting out people for expressing opinions or presenting information you don’t like, you inadvertently give them more attention and credibility than you think they deserve.

Baywasp

I want wind to blow
Pretty sure I heard my roommate’s new girlfriend lie to her grandfather over the phone about needing money for a bill when she actually just wanted to buy a hoodie. I really hope she won’t try to take advantage of my roommate for anything. At least she’s not living with us.

PrincessPure

Now with all classes being online, only the hardship of unlearnt lessons and the worry of huge assignments is left for me. All the good of university life which was exploring a new city, experiencing independent life away from my parents in the dorm, having fun with my friends is gone... It's almost been a year since when I am stuck home. Haven't traveled for long. I'm so tired of this. I will graduate autumn 2021 so around a year is left, that's making me extra sad. I will probably never go back to college physically. University was really the biggest gift of my life and helped me get my life together and become productive after years of horrible depression. Why would the best years of my life be ruined like this :(

You ever watch a movie and the image sticks in your head and horrifies you? Well this one, I cant shake it. The woman was sewn up in a cow, or ox and left to die...making me wanna throw up.
Yese, I don't mind it when movies are sometimes disturbing or unsettling while watching them -- but then when that experience lingers, and carries on afterwards, I'm not a fan of that variety of film (the one which sticks with you!) . . . And what the heck were you watching? Was that the goal! j/k..;)

Now with all classes being online, only the hardship of unlearnt lessons and the worry of huge assignments is left for me. All the good of university life which was exploring a new city, experiencing independent life away from my parents in the dorm, having fun with my friends is gone... It's almost been a year since when I am stuck home. Haven't traveled for long. I'm so tired of this. I will graduate autumn 2021 so around a year is left, that's making me extra sad. I will probably never go back to college physically. University was really the biggest gift of my life and helped me get my life together and become productive after years of horrible depression. Why would the best years of my life be ruined like this :(
This expereince, or test, may make your generation of college students more resilient & therefore, more advanced to handle the rigors and extremem unbalances that are sure to head your way (just like they have for everyone else) in Life~ ; ) this adaptibiliity is what is necessary & needed to survive - or not get so bogged down in the shat_. : ) There's going to be a lot of unpredictability , and I thin k that... this could serve as a useful preparation going forward! Which I know does you no good now. But maybe you'll thank me in ten, fifteen tweenty years?? ;D so i ll just say iit now -"Your WElcome! :D"

Lane

SF Supporter
Yese, I don't mind it when movies are sometimes disturbing or unsettling while watching them -- but then when that experience lingers, and carries on afterwards, I'm not a fan of that variety of film (the one which sticks with you!) . . . And what the heck were you watching? Was that the goal! j/k..;)
A movie about a girl that saw something she wasnt supposed to a d was fighting for her life. It was verrry disturbing. One of those things you can't help watching, rrrr

Dark111

Scholar's Mate
SF Supporter
Why do people automatically assume that self-hatred is the reason behind certain types of behaviour or emotional states? Be it anger, rage, alienation, mistrust, to name just a few. It's a pattern I've noticed. It surfaces particularly when people are faced with certain reactions/responses they don't understand.

Dante

"Git"
SF Supporter
Why do people automatically assume that self-hatred is the reason behind certain types of behaviour or emotional states? Be it anger, rage, alienation, mistrust, to name just a few. It's a pattern I've noticed. It surfaces particularly when people are faced with certain reactions/responses they don't understand.
I think the problem extends further, people over-simplify the mind, they believe certain thoughts, beliefs and attitudes are healthy and good and others are unhealthy and bad, and that to be happy and healthy you must conform, and if you don't, you are wrong, that mindset A leads to pattern B every time and that Belief C causes attitude D every time.

I hold a certain level of self-contempt for all the parts of me which need fixing, if i simply "learned to love myself" like so many self-help guides say, I would never improve, also, since when did rightfully holding yourself to account for your own mistakes become unhealthy? I have and always will hold myself to account for times I have failed when failure was absolutely unacceptable, I fail to see how that is a bad thing, but whenever I mention this, people try to "fix" me. People need to learn that "All minds function alike" and "I am happy, so you need to be like me to be happy" are unhealthy mindsets in and of themselves.

Dark111

Scholar's Mate
SF Supporter
I think the problem extends further, people over-simplify the mind, they believe certain thoughts, beliefs and attitudes are healthy and good and others are unhealthy and bad, and that to be happy and healthy you must conform, and if you don't, you are wrong, that mindset A leads to pattern B every time and that Belief C causes attitude D every time.

I hold a certain level of self-contempt for all the parts of me which need fixing, if i simply "learned to love myself" like so many self-help guides say, I would never improve, also, since when did rightfully holding yourself to account for your own mistakes become unhealthy? I have and always will hold myself to account for times I have failed when failure was absolutely unacceptable, I fail to see how that is a bad thing, but whenever I mention this, people try to "fix" me. People need to learn that "All minds function alike" and "I am happy, so you need to be like me to be happy" are unhealthy mindsets in and of themselves.
Agreed, there is a tendency to oversimplify the mind. And I also happen to think self-esteem is something that has to be earned. You have to work for it through, as you say, taking accountability for one's actions and shortcomings, realizing where you need to improve and taking the necessary action. Well said, Dante.

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Forum Pro
SF Supporter
You ever watch a movie and the image sticks in your head and horrifies you? Well this one, I cant shake it. The woman was sewn up in a cow, or ox and left to die...making me wanna throw up.
sounds like my kind of movie, what's the name of the movie. lol...mike...*hug*shake

KM76710

KM stands for Kangaroo Manager
SF Supporter
Not so much horrified but me wondering...What?? You gotta be shittin' me that someone made this. LOL. A number of them but I admit to if I hear that something is disturbing/disgusting I do get curious so more than a few.

Dante

"Git"
SF Supporter
I'm thinking about 2 things, the first being that I don't want to go to work tomorrow and so I am putting off going to sleep tonight, but humorously enough because I wandered onto this thread and considered saying that, my mind said "But that's too boring to mention on this thread, here think about this" and brought up my as-yet unresolved question regarding neutron stars, which is this:
If a neutron star only fails to collapse into a black hole due to the Pauli exclusion principle causing the collapsing star to form a degenerate fermion system thus holding the internal forces high enough to arrest its own collapse, and if this relies on the idea of the neutron star being essentially a unified closed system, then what state of change occurs when 2 neutron stars collide, which has been observed recently, as this would make them one system forcing them, according to my understanding of quantum physics, to either break the Pauli exclusion principle and allow multiple fermions to occupy the same energy state in the same system, or violate conservation of energy by the combined energy of the two stars quadrupling without any new input of energy?
Yea, my brain really wanted to be interesting just then... and random... interesting and random.

HappyKitty

•✮• SF's pet kitty, full of kittens & colours •✮•
I hope my friends stand by an ambulance for me cause Kitty so excited right now, so many friends to play with. Who knows what could happen? 🧚‍♀️

Lane

SF Supporter
Not so much horrified but me wondering...What?? You gotta be shittin' me that someone made this. LOL. A number of them but I admit to if I hear that something is disturbing/disgusting I do get curious so more than a few.
Yes @KM76710 and I didn't see it coming but it was based on old torture methods. Cows having 4stomachs to digest. Spoiler alert. Sorry. The movie was ok though.

Lane

SF Supporter
@KM76710 and @1964dodge heres the movie. It's considered a thriller. I couldn't get clip to download, sorry. Ravage, 2019. @Dark111 this was listed under horror too. I liked it. Screenshot_20201123-045549_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20201123-045547_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20201123-045458_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20201123-045551_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20201123-045621_Chrome.jpg

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$150.00
Goal
$255.00